Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Steve-o: Demise and Rise

I enjoyed this inspiring story. It's cool that he didn't try to edit any of the really extreme (and embarrassing) parts out.

I felt bad for the guy, its pretty outrageous what some people will do to try to remain in the public eye. Embarrassing if you ask me.

Another Jack-Ass related drug story that was decent for a drug-a-log/recovery? was Brandon Novak's story regarding his heroin addiction.
DREAMSELLER

Peace,
Seedless

I thought it was pretty good. I watched it on mtv.com the other night. Him on drugs reminded me of the way my ex acted. Sooo fucking glad I'm out of that relationship.

Considering that I'm such an Intervention junkie I'd have thought this wouldn't phase me much. I was wrong, I found it to be very disturbing to witness someone falling further and further into their own world. Still, I found the whole documentary to be very poignant and well done. It never came across as a oh woe is me pity party sort of thing, and he seems very sincere in his wanting to stay sober. Surprisingly good, if not very sad.

Just saw this last night - it makes Steve-O look like a terrible person, but of course, a lot of that is probably due to the drugs.

The bong-water-drinking scene made me gag though... :)

i wouldn't say it makes steve-o look like a terrible person, i would say it MADE him look like a terrible person, but ultimately, it makes him look like a good person for overcoming his problems and having the desire to better himself.

This documentary was interesting, to say the least.

My favorite part is when he's at Starbucks and the girl asks him if wants whipped cream on his drink and he goes "I can't, I used to be addicted to nitrous oxide"....she clearly has no idea what he's talking about and just looks at him like uhh okay....

i forgot about that part, actually. that was pretty funny though. :D

I think he was just showing signs of being a recovering addict, using humor to help deal with the problem.

Yowzers 8o

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and found it pretty interesting. Stevo-O was completely out of his mind and I'm glad he got some help. Those scenes when he was repeatedly doing nitrous and started convulsing made me cringe. The parts when he was speaking about loosing his mother when he was all twacked out were so sad. It's a good documentary and is definitely worth checking out.

Steve-O: The Rise & Decline.

I've watched bad shows in my time, b

ut this takes the biscuit.

It's a horrendously cheesy staged "intervention" on the clown from Jackass. The one they call Steve-O.

The whole thing is narrated by his improbably hot sister, and is a pop-video look at his drug career and eventual addiction to Nitrous Oxide. Yes, at one point he says he was ordering a whole 600 whippets at a time, and he went "completely nuts" and was "totally alone" the "whole time" - despite somehow managing to have shot continuous video footage of himself, all the while squarely in focus8)

We're then treated to more footage of inebriated steveo, then remorseful steveo, then angry steveo, then tearful sister of steveo, tearful family, and finally tearful, sober, and working on happy steveo.

It's a useless abomination of a show, patently insincere, that was only created and completed to legitimize his return to pre-watershed TV, following the post-jackass dickheadery.

It stinks:\

i've heard interviews with sober steve-o, and i'll be honest. they're a bore.

also, i'm kinda proud to know people who could kick his ass in a nitrous contest.

Did anyone ever doubt this guy was fucked up from the very first time they saw him on TV? Give me something new to print.

Fuck this show all it does is make n2o look like some crazy addictive substance when really steve o could have been addicted to anything do to his personality and he definately didnt even do that much nitrous.

now, it's been a while since i've seen this (and started a thread on it), but i don't think his "addiction" to nitrous was the main point. and why's everyone gotta be so skeptical? i've been plenty fucked up and shot self footage perfectly square, this guy holds a camera and stands in front of a camera for a living, what makes that so difficult to believe that he could handle one while fucked up?

it's the same old wave, people think it's good for a while, it disappears, then everyone says how lame it is.

you don't have to like it and i'm certainly not gonna persuade you otherwise, but it's feasible to believe that sometimes people react differently to drugs than you (or people you know) might. i've never liked the guy, but i can respect his dedication (which i believe... and maybe i'm just gullible... is genuine).

I'm glad Steve-o finally sobered up. I will say, however, I don't like dr. drew. he wants everyone to think one pill of ecstasy is going to melt your fucking brain.