• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Steve-o: Demise and Rise

undead

Greenlighter
despite not being a fan of reality tv, i like documentaries. stories as extreme as steve-o's are pretty intense. i don't know if i'm being gullible or not, but i'm buying his sincerity. i thought he was funny at first, then shortly his novelty wore off and i began thinking he was a complete idiot. his antics may be annoying sometimes, but the man himself seems kind of interesting (maybe i just caught the gay). he seems true to himself, even so much as to admit the irony of recording his own drug addiction documentary.

there was a lot of footage of him literally hitting rock bottom. i didn't remember a lot of the things that happened to him, but i do remember his interview with adam carolla and i remember thinking "this guy's a complete fucking loser," which i know is hypocritical given some of my choices (though not on that kind of level), but i mean... my jaw was on the floor because you could see that he was a complete wreck. he was not funny in the least, was completely obnoxious, put his foot through the glass coffee table (which cut his leg) lunged at adam carolla and tried to flip him off of the chair he was sitting on. it was just uncomfortable to watch, but i couldn't change the channel. this show is like an extended version of that interview with his self realization as the commentary. it doesn't come off as self righteous at all (i'm not being sarcastic) (i'm not being ironic). i really found myself interested in his story and honesty. he really projects himself in a good light and seems to embrace sober living. even if you don't want to admit that sobriety can be cool, you have to admit that his willingness to change his life for the better and do something good for the general public (in advising them to take caution in their decisions) seems to be legit and the documentary itself (at least the first part assuming this is a continuing series) is well put together.

A+ from me. steve-o has redeemed himself in my eyes.

Watching some of the stuff in this doc. I would seriously be scared to be in a room alone with him in those states.

All I could think of was..

"One of the things you learn from years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye."

But I am impressed with his outcome. And Dr. Drew rocks. So does Striker.

Yeah... I caught this tonight, too. And I was pretty shocked at how deep he really was. I mean, did you see all of the NOS canisters he had & was doing? Dude was burning through 'em like there was no tomorrow, lol. And all the ketamine? Damn, dude. And all the coke he was doing, I'm surprised he didn't burn a hole in his nose, lol.

...But yeah, I'm happy for the dude, that he got his shit together, and he's speaking about what he went through and shit. I just got a lot of respect for the dude now, because of his choices. And it's good that he has good enough friends to be like "look, you're coming with us, regardless of what you think, say, or do."

ketamine, pcp, and nitrious...and coke. and he was going to be a rapper too lol. man those guys saved his life.

That show was lame, network TV for ya. Now if it was an unedited DVD then it would be what would be as i expected.

yeah all that edited footage of coke use, k use, nitrous use, and weed smoking was so gay, they should have shown more getting fucked up and cussing and less of the truth. lame.

edit: i forgot to wink. ;)

they showed QUITE a bit of footage i wouldn't have expected to see on MTV. the only thing that was really edited was the nakedness which was never relevant to what he was saying.

Last edited:
captivating t.v. dude goes crazy in front of the camera. cool to see him sober and happy having a great time skateboarding. gj steve-o

That nitrous scene just freaked me out. He must have lost hundreds of brain cells in 5 minutes alone. The show looks pretty cool though. Of course it would be better with more going crazy and massive quantities of drugs and less rehab and introspective bull.

I never really thought anything remotely interesting would come out of Jackass. Odd

That nitrous scene just freaked me out. He must have lost hundreds of brain cells in 5 minutes alone. The show looks pretty cool though. Of course it would be better with more going crazy and massive quantities of drugs and less rehab and introspective bull.

I never really thought anything remotely interesting would come out of Jackass. Odd

if you believe that then you're missing the point. i'm glad you seemed to like the show and all, but why does anyone complain about the "edited" footage or the lack of drug use in it??? for one, they showed LOTS of coke use, nitrous huffing, weed smoking, and even showed him cooking up a batch of K, but aside from that... the point of the show is that he's been down that path now wants to show what can happen and how happy you can be WITHOUT continuing down it. they ultimately showed (so far) one twisted demise and one (up to the point) triumphant rise. everything else is details. it had PLENTY of drug use and going crazy and the "rehab and introspective bull" wasn't overbearing.

all that aside though, happiestlittlenug, i also never thought anything remotely interesting would have come from jackass (maybe at first i would have because with a skateboarding background, i always enjoyed the CKY videos, but as the show went on and they got more douchey... no). steve-o's ability to bounce back from such a low point really impressed me though.

btw, for anyone interested the show is re-airing:

thursday, may 7, 12:00am (aka... tonight) on MTV
saturday, may 9, 3:00am on MTV
saturday, may 16, 9:00pm on MTV2
sunday, may 17, 3:00am on MTV2

i'll make sure to get plenty fucked up before it comes on. ;)

i would use another smiley, but this thread is starting to look a little happy and gay. just assume the sarcasm is there when i say... i used to agree.

for realz though. happy, productive steve-o is actually enjoyable (to me anyways), because he has a lot to offer in that he put himself through a TON and actually lived to tell about it. on several occasions! he went from being a complete jerk, asshole, and douche to being a really nice dude who tells an interesting story about an interesting life. whether you like him or not... its interesting. :D <--- they're far enough apart.

I was in rehab (Las Encinas) with Steve-O in April of 08. I'll be watching this documentary for sure. I got to know him a little, he was one of the few there who seemed really sincere about turning his life around.

Small fucking world eh.

And all the coke he was doing, I'm surprised he didn't burn a hole in his nose, lol.

He did have a deviated septum, he made a video of himself when we were in residential putting a thick pasta noodle through it lubricated with urine :D

Last edited:
I actually caught this. I don't wantch MTV but my brother had it on. It was interesting. Him huffing that stuff kinda reminded me of the girl from intervention, going on about voices in his head. I actually said to myself, "That looks like fun, not. " You always think the being rich and partying is fun. Some of that crap was down right scary. I don't know how he can do that crap that he does sober, but if he can, great.

Seen Steve-o live and friends of mine got to go backstage and hang with the crew.

I was in College and went for the hell of it.