• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Starting to see major therapeutic potential in psychedelics

I find it very sad that someone who trips as often thinks that what he wants in life is money.
you have the right to believe that acheiving this goal will fullfill you but I must say that I find it a bit scary and worrysome for someone like me.
Right, because all psychedelics are supposed to have exactly the same effect on everybody who takes them. Trip heads are supposed to think about esoterica and listen to Grateful Dead. The fact that I think about money and listen to UGK while I'm tripping means there is obviously something very wrong with me.

Correct.

Last edited:
I know you were being sarcastic, but I also sense some arrogance in your comment.
Really? And yet you couldn't see any arrogance in the other guy's comment?

Sorry if I came across humorless, but I was trying to ask in a diplomatic way because I'm a little confused what this thread is about. Are you saying the creative spark from psychedelics are leading you on a path you'd never considered
Yes, exactly. I was never really very creative before I started tripping - and not at all business-minded. I always admired investors and businessmen but it was never a path I had considered for myself.
Through using psychedelics purely for fun, I have unwittingly brought out a side in me I didn't know I had. If these drugs can have lasting positive effects on a person like me - who abuses the fuck out of them just for the hell of it - I am 100% convinced of their legitimacy in psychotherapy.

I find it very sad that someone who trips as often thinks that what he wants in life is money.
you have the right to believe that acheiving this goal will fullfill you but I must say that I find it a bit scary and worrysome for someone like me.
Tell that to Bill Gates and Steve Jobs (well he's dead now but you get my point). They have credited some of their most important ideas to LSD.
Richard Branson also experimented with acid.

Money isn't all I need but it's definitely my main priority in life. I need a motorbike, I need a car, I need more qualifications (which means money for courses) and I need to get a mortgage for a house while I'm still in my twenties because I'm fucking sick of renting. I also have expensive tastes due to my middle-class upbringing.
I could really do with a girlfriend as well but apart from that, I have a pretty good life. I still have my hobbies and interests, I'm strong and healthy, I have a close relationship with a couple of family members and I have about 3 good friends.
I really don't see why you think it's sad that psychedelics have put me on this path... I am content with who I am as a person and apart from material posessions and more excitement (which requires money), I have almost everything I need in life.

Nice man, everyone has different aims and goals in life. I personally would like for money to be less a part of our society but at the same time it's important to me simply because I want to support my lifestyle. As a result I've worked in my life to put myself in a position where I have a good amount of money coming in. I follow my passions and the result has been some great opportunities that allow me to live my life the way I want to (for the most part). There's nothing wrong with money inherently, it's just a measure of the value of one's work that can be traded for work other people did. That simple concept is the basis for human society, where rather than every single person having to produce everything they need, individuals can specialize and further advance their areas of specialty, and share the results with society as a whole. The barter system wasn't enough once we developed larger groupings of people so a standard of value was determined, which is money. The problems arise when people become corrupted by power; the way that generally happens in our society is through money. But having or wanting money does not necessitate this corruption. The fact of the matter is that in order to achieve an ideal life in our world, most people require earning money (unless your goal is, say, to live off the grid in the woods or something).

It sounds like your goal is to have useful tools and comforts and to exercise your creativity in entrepreneurial endeavors. Nothing wrong with that. :) I have basically the same goal as well, in addition to more spiritual goals. I want to be able to live in such a way that I am comfortable and have what I need, am able to give back to others, and am able to travel and see the world. And I want to get the things I produce out there for other people to enjoy as well. All of this requires money. I don't want a lot of it, just enough to accomplish these goals.

I dont really want to debate about money with you right now. I just think psychedelics could help you see beyond those concepts. Try taking them in a good setting, somewhere different, the woods are always a good place

Nice man, everyone has different aims and goals in life. I personally would like for money to be less a part of our society but at the same time it's important to me simply because I want to support my lifestyle. As a result I've worked in my life to put myself in a position where I have a good amount of money coming in. I follow my passions and the result has been some great opportunities that allow me to live my life the way I want to (for the most part). There's nothing wrong with money inherently, it's just a measure of the value of one's work that can be traded for work other people did. That simple concept is the basis for human society, where rather than every single person having to produce everything they need, individuals can specialize and further advance their areas of specialty, and share the results with society as a whole. The barter system wasn't enough once we developed larger groupings of people so a standard of value was determined, which is money. The problems arise when people become corrupted by power; the way that generally happens in our society is through money. But having or wanting money does not necessitate this corruption. The fact of the matter is that in order to achieve an ideal life in our world, most people require earning money (unless your goal is, say, to live off the grid in the woods or something).

It sounds like your goal is to have useful tools and comforts and to exercise your creativity in entrepreneurial endeavors. Nothing wrong with that. :) I have basically the same goal as well, in addition to more spiritual goals. I want to be able to live in such a way that I am comfortable and have what I need, am able to give back to others, and am able to travel and see the world. And I want to get the things I produce out there for other people to enjoy as well. All of this requires money. I don't want a lot of it, just enough to accomplish these goals.
You definitely seem like one of the more level-headed and intelligent posters on here and you have a very positive outlook.

I agree with you... it's a damn shame that money matters so much in today's society but like you say, what can we do? Overthinking gets us nowhere; and as frustrating and imperfect as it can be, modern civilization is a hell of a lot better than living feral.

I don't ever want to be stood there again in the middle of a supermarket aisle using the calculator on my phone to work out whether or not I can afford to treat myself to a fucking cheesecake. Gone are the days of dreading rent day and having to count my pennies, ration my weed supply and forgo my breakfast steak. That shit is just depressing.

They say that money doesn't buy happiness... I say this is BULLSHIT. Unless you're either extremely simple-minded and content with having very little in life; clinically depressed or have some serious psychological issues (in which case you won't know how to enjoy your money), life is a fucking hell of a lot more enjoyable when you don't have to worry about money. Cash is a more effective anxiolytic, antidepressant and confidence booster than any drug out there.
I am a real foodie and one thing that would really get me down would be having to cut back on my food budget. I regularly order takeaways, eat at restaurants and cook my own dishes.
I am also a kid at heart and I LOVE things like bowling, go-karting, motocross, paintball and even ice skating. There's a ton of other adventurous stuff I would love to do as well but like everything in life it all costs money.

I dont really want to debate about money with you right now. I just think psychedelics could help you see beyond those concepts. Try taking them in a good setting, somewhere different, the woods are always a good place
I always take them in good settings. When the weather's nice, I love chilling out the woods or lying next to a river while tripping. Being surrounded by nature is great.
Still, it doesn't change the way I think when I'm tripping.