View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Starting to see major therapeutic potential in psychedelics

AA357

Bluelighter
As most of you know, I use psychedelics quite heavily (estimated average for 2015: 3 trips per week). My use is purely recreational - I just love the intense euphoria and the beautiful visuals they give me.
I don't find psychedelics to be spiritual and up until my last 6 or so trips, I was always sceptical of their purported benefits in psychotherapy.

I strongly underestimated their ability to cause long-term changes in personality and thinking. It stands to reason that spending that much time in such drastically altered states of consciousness is probably going to have some sort of psychological consequence; regardless of who you are or how you choose to interpret your experiences.
I took 10mg DOM last night and it was actually quite an introspective and enlightening experience.

Psychedelics heighten activity in parts of the brain associated with creativity. For me this means increased ideation and analytical thinking.
Lately I have become extremely business-minded. During one trip about a month ago, I realized that I wasn't living up to my potential and just got this inexplicable urge to get out there, broaden my horizons and start chasing that paper. Now when I trip, all I think about is cash. Seems like all that money I spent on tripping may have actually been a very worthwhile investment!

Everyone's got their own path and psychedelics simply heighten your awareness and alter your cognitive processes... so they can aid on whatever path you choose. For me, I was instilled by my baby boomer parents to chase money, and I found it quite unfulfilling and weird to put that much focus on it, but I felt I was supposed to and it caused quite a bit of cognitive dissonance. It turns out I had it all wrong... I was going about it the wrong way, for me. Psychedelics have helped me in the past couple of years (especially this year) to realize that what I need to do is focus on my passions. And once I started doing that, some opportunities came along that have landed me in the best positition financially that I have ever been in. I don't specifically try to chase money as I don't feel it's even close to the most important thing in life, and doing so in the past only brought me unhappiness. But it's funny how things work out when you're doing what you should be doing, and doing it with gusto.

For me, money is a necessary tool, something that inspires great evil in the world when approached the wrong way, but something that is nevertheless important for us in this world, important for survival. But if you can find something you love doing that also gets you money for your contribution to it... that's beautiful. :)

I am still focused on my passions; it's just that I have acquired an additional hobby (getting money) as a consquence of my extensive psychedelic use. I think the type of music I listen to while tripping has influenced this somewhat.
The solution to all of my problems in life is money. Money money money (and sex). My doctor even told me this when I spoke with him last year about my anger issues.

Most of the time I just take psychedelics to get high, nothing more. But it usually develops into something more than that for most people, I'd go as far as to say...the last time I took LSD I got extremely high and I remember walking down the street and it suddenly seemed like the whole focus of the universe pivoted, and centered on me, and basically told me something to the effect of: "you're completely inconsequential, your existence is inconsequential, and you won't even see a fraction of a fraction of existence. The cosmic vistas expand outwards on a scale that your monkey brain cannot fathom."

This was actually a very comforting thought at the time, bizarrely. Those are the kinds of experiences that keep me coming back to psychedelics. Most of the time I have a difficult time remembering psychedelic trips, esp. things visually-speaking, I almost remember the experience as I would remember a dream. It's only a handful of certain thoughts, or a moment or two, that I'll remember. I don't get "deep thoughts" from every psychedelic trip, or even the majority of them either...a lot of times the experience of being really high and laughing till my sides hurt with some other people is more common.

Yes. I think it was Jesus, or maybe the Buddha, who said "The path of the spiritual man begins and ends with the attainment of material possessions. Cash rules everything around me, CREAM, get the money, dollar dollar bill y'all."

Haha, I remember that used to be a running joke with me and someone I worked with, was to go up to each other or other people, look all serious, and say, "hey man, I need to talk to you about something...this is kind of hard to talk about, but...they say that 'cash rules everything around me...cream...gets the money? dollar dollar bill, y'all?"

and then other person would attribute the quote to someone, like "Yeah dude, I think that's in the Bible somewhere?"

Yes. I think it was Jesus, or maybe the Buddha, who said "The path of the spiritual man begins and ends with the attainment of material possessions. Cash rules everything around me, CREAM, get the money, dollar dollar bill y'all."
ROFL this is fucking brilliant!!! =D

I don't know but if you think all that matters is money then maybe you haven't taken enough psychedelics :\

I can only speak for myself but if my psychedelic usage began to lead me to believe that any one thing (be it money, sex, religion, whatever) is all that's needed to make my life's problems go away, I would hope someone would be wise and kind enough to notice what was going on, step in, and slap some sense into me.

I don't know but if you think all that matters is money then maybe you haven't taken enough psychedelics :\
Right, because all psychedelics are supposed to have exactly the same effect on everybody who takes them. Trip heads are supposed to think about esoterica and listen to Grateful Dead. The fact that I think about money and listen to UGK while I'm tripping means there is obviously something very wrong with me.

I can only speak for myself
Correct.

Lately I have become extremely business-minded. During one trip about a month ago, I realized that I wasn't living up to my potential and just got this inexplicable urge to get out there, broaden my horizons and start chasing that paper. Now when I trip, all I think about is cash. Seems like all that money I spent on tripping may have actually been a very worthwhile investment!

Interesting, probably unusual, but not necessarily contradictory. In the end, whether it be mental / physical health, or money intake (or whatever), it's all about fulfilling one's potential.

This is not the way psychs make me feel however. They further increase my feeling that money is absurd and that it is overall a negative input to the world.

Last edited:
To paraphrase Freewheelin' Franklin (and lennon/mcartney): Love will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no love (and money can't buy me(you) love).

(but to each his own)

Tripping three times a week, three months in a row is abuse, not therapy.

You are playing with fire.

Right, because all psychedelics are supposed to have exactly the same effect on everybody who takes them. Trip heads are supposed to think about esoterica and listen to Grateful Dead. The fact that I think about money and listen to UGK while I'm tripping means there is obviously something very wrong with me.

If thinking about money is what works for you, why are you so defensive and quick to belittle "trip heads" when someone merely suggested your preoccupation with money may be a bit misguided? You invalidate others' beliefs and taste in music because they might be stereotypical, but what if that's just what works for them? You can think and listen to whatever you want without being judged, so I don't see what's wrong with having mutual respect for other people's lifestyles.

Interesting, probably unusual, but not necessarily contradictory. In the end, whether it be mental / physical health, or money intake (or whatever), it's all about fulfilling one's potential.

This is not the way psychs make me feel however. They further increase my feeling that money is absurd and that it is overall a negative input to the world.
Steve Jobs said that taking LSD was one of the most important things he has done in his life. He attributed a lot of his innovations and financial success to his LSD use.

The fact is that psychedelics enhance creativity and analytical thinking; this can manifest itself in different ways depending on your personality. Some people find the psychedelic experience to be spiritual; some find it philosophical and others find it artistic or intellectual.

Tripping three times a week, three months in a row is abuse, not therapy.

You are playing with fire.
Explain.

If thinking about money is what works for you, why are you so defensive and quick to belittle "trip heads" when someone merely suggested your preoccupation with money may be a bit misguided? You invalidate others' beliefs and taste in music because they might be stereotypical, but what if that's just what works for them? You can think and listen to whatever you want without being judged, so I don't see what's wrong with having mutual respect for other people's lifestyles.
I was being sarcastic. Jesus Christ. 8) Is being overly sensitive and bereft of sense of humor a common side effect of psychedelics?
I consider myself to be a 'trip head' - it's not a bad thing. As long as you're not putting yourself or anybody around you in danger then I fully respect your decision to use psychedelics, whatever that might be. I don't care what kind of person you are, as long as you don't patronize me by suggesting - without knowing the first thing about me - that psychedelics shouldn't be doing this to me or that I'm on the wrong path.

Money money money

Sorry but that really made me think about this :D
Mr._Krabs'_Love_of_Money.jpg

I was being sarcastic. Jesus Christ. 8) Is being overly sensitive and bereft of sense of humor a common side effect of psychedelics?
I consider myself to be a 'trip head' - it's not a bad thing. As long as you're not putting yourself or anybody around you in danger then I fully respect your decision to use psychedelics, whatever that might be. I don't care what kind of person you are, as long as you don't patronize me by suggesting - without knowing the first thing about me - that psychedelics shouldn't be doing this to me or that I'm on the wrong path.

I know you were being sarcastic, but I also sense some arrogance in your comment. Sorry if I came across humorless, but I was trying to ask in a diplomatic way because I'm a little confused what this thread is about. Are you saying the creative spark from psychedelics are leading you on a path you'd never considered, or that they've reinstilled a drive for something that you've been withdrawn from (business, money)?