• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Starting to get sick of adderall, would vyvanse be better?

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
I've been using adderall for ADHD about 3x a week since April, doses would vary from 20-60mg throughout the day, occasionally higher or lower. Then I binged on RC stims for a few days, jacked my adderall tolerance, and stopped using all stims except caffeine for 2 weeks. As a result, my adderall tolerance dropped down to nothing and now 15mg it is enough for some slight stimulation and even a mood boost, which is nice. It's not really enough for true focus though, and at higher doses it feels way too tweaky. It also doesn't last long enough, but redosing also means additional tweakiness (I hate XRs for that reason). I have had serious issues with sleep all my life and adderall doesn't really help, and I'm also skinny and want to gain about 5lb, or at least not lose any weight. But at doses high enough to seriously improve my focus, eating and sleeping become problematic, which is why I only take it 3x a week max. Lately it's been closer to 2x, and I just take the bare minimum to help with ADHD. I guess I just lost the magic (which is a good thing!) and want a stim to use strictly therapeutically. My work has definitely been suffering from less stim use :/

Right now I'm considering taking another 15mg to finish doing what I'm supposed to be doing, but I'm so turned off to the idea because I know how it's going to make me feel.

Worth trying.
Vyvanse doesn't kill your appetite like Adderal for one thing. It's supposed to have less side effects in general.

Well they do use it for binge eating as well as ADHD so it does something to appetite. But agree, if you tolerate it, which you should, very useful therapeutically.

It is kinda like time release dex amp either that or adderal but pretty sure dex amp.

An ex got some right when it came out, it said you can't abuse it. One of them shits got me straight tweaked.

Then I started taking more. It is pretty fucking strong. I can drink or do any drug for long hours so amps are just not for me.

I like them but add that with some insomnia and other addictions and yeah one nasty crash.

Might work if you actually need it. It is fucking strong and her dr told her exactly how to abuse it to the max.

I found myself unable to stop drawing and had no interest in doing anything else. But than again that is what I do anyways, but not like that.

Noooo my friend. I abused the FUCK outta vyv before adderall lol, and I can tell you vyvanse has much more phisic/mental negative side effects. Yea the comeup/down is more prolonged and smoother on vyvanse but I personally didn't like that, I'd like the idea that I know when my addy will wear off and i can get to bed without problems. I can actually force myself to eat much more on addy than vy, more euphoria. Just overall better.

I never said I recommend it. Kinda the contrary.

The crash is brutal and it will take your rx habit to the next leve cuz I did the math and it is like 3 plus addies equivalant in the larger capsules (don't quote me on that, I ain't a medical database) but something along those lines.

Shit is addictive as fuck and I thought we all knew about amp psychosis here. Yeah amps are brutal down from. My ex lost her shit on this stuff and I dunno if she ever got it back, we haven't been speaking in I dunno 4 years or so mainly cuz of the crazy shit she did, yeah I attract insanity before you ask if it was this or that ex, they all crazy but this one, oh man.

Vyvanse actually has less dextroamphetamine per maximum recommended dose. 70mg of vyvanse is something like 23mg dextroamphetamine with a lysine bond attached to make it only active orally. Adderall 30mg is 23mg dextroamphetamine plus about 7mg levoamphetamine, and is more easily abused.

Vyvanse is a safer bet than adderall.

Yes I switched to vyvanse from addies and never looked back. it will feel different than adderall. It is considered stronger than adderall, not mg per mg but when you reach the correct dose it will give you a nice steady boost of dex amp. One a day dose and no crash like adderall. :)

If you wanna get high or abuse med, stick with adderall / dexedrine
If you want something daily therapeuticish for adhd , vyvanse.

Last edited:
Vyvanse is great! It's is like " suboxone or methadone for the heroin addict" if that makes sense...I abused the shit out if adderall over the years and vyvanse don't give me that intense redose urge or impulsivity and it's euphoric. Thumbs up to Vyvanse

Just for the record, "stimulant replacement therapy" for methamphetamine addiction is probably not an effective treatment as is opiate replacement therapy for heroin addiction. The studies don't support it. There are no approved drugs to deal with stimulant addiction. Life is tough.

OP, the fact that you find Adderall (Racemic Amphetamines) to be "tweaky" could be due, at least in part, to the levorotary isomer LevoAmphetamine. It doesn't have a very significant effect on the Central Nervous System. What it really does, is stimulates the Peripheral Nervous System. This leads to increased heart rate (Tachycardia), tremor, palpitations etc., all of which can easily contribute to anxiety and stress. The dextrorotatory isomer acts more on the Central Nervous System, which is responsible for most of the desired effects of Amphetamines including motivation, ambition, increased energy, increased cognition and so on. So, in short, avoiding LevoAmphetamine is a reasonable thing.

Now, Vyvanse is actually a pretty good option and is at least worth a try. LisDexamphetamine is the active ingredient of Vyvanse. One of the primary functions of Vyvanse is that it is essentially "abuse proof" as in, you can't inject, snort or any ROA other than oral. This was never a problem for me. Now, the good thing about LisDexamphetamine is that the quantity of the drug that gets converted, is going to be DextroAmphetamine without any of that nasty Levorotary shit.

I can say from experience that a high from DextroAmphetamine is definitely superior to an equivalent dose of Racemic Amphetamine for a few reasons. The high is definitely less "tweaky". I feel significantly less tense as well. A major advantage is in the severity of the comedown. The comedown from a DextroAmphetamine high is much less severe than one from Racemic Amphetamines. It's just much smoother in every way. Which is why I always paid top dollar for someone's Dexedrine prescription. They were the only person I've every known who had straight Dex and not Adderall.

Maybe Vyvanse will work better for you. It's at least worth a try.

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely give vyvanse a try- stronger mental effects with weaker physical effects sound ideal. Last night I also discovered that L-theanine helps with many adderall side effects, particularly the vasoconstriction and come down. If you haven't tried taking L-theanine for an adderall come down-do it! I'm still going to take adderall for the time being but I just got health insurance again so now I can try to get a script. Right now the biggest issue I have with adderall is still insomnia, especially since I decided to give benzos a rest for a while. I'm still trying to find a sleep aid that actually works without having its own nasty side effects, sedating antidepressants have been universally awful for me in terms of side effects (but I do have a bunch of mirtazapine and nortryptiline sitting around if anyone wants to weigh in on those for sleeping post amphetamines), diphenhydramine doesn't work very well after stims, zolpidem has been good for me in the past but probably too recreational/habit forming to use regularly, valerian root was actually ok but it's very short lasting, phenibut works but has too many downsides, and weed is pretty good. I've considered Seroquel but I don't know if I want to use a dopamine antagonist, seems counter productive and like it would make my ADHD way worse the next day. Right now I'm thinking Kava, I honestly can't even think of any other options, so if you have something else that works for you, please share!

Just for the record, "stimulant replacement therapy" for methamphetamine addiction is probably not an effective treatment as is opiate replacement therapy for heroin addiction. The studies don't support it. There are no approved drugs to deal with stimulant addiction. Life is tough.
doctors want to treat meth addicts with vyvanse but govt wont fund the research. Stimulant addiction is serious and must be treated with something... Whether ot be !methadone or whatever

If you have a good doctor, switching for awhile won't hurt. If you hate it tell your doctor you want back on Adderal.
Keep track of the side effects of both so you can explain them to doctor.