• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Starting Methadone to get off Kratom

Kratom has basically no withdrawals? I've taken it every day for months and just slowly cut down because i got sick of the taste and negative effects and even then if i missed a few days i never really noticed or cared. Even when i took a lot of kratom the worst i got was restless leg and trouble sleeping. I swear a lot of people psych themselves into a lot of withdrawals that don't exist.

How much were you dosing daily? And for how long? I've been addicted to all sorts of opiates and kratom absolutely has real withdrawals and can get quite bad, though not as bad as full agonists. Certainly not a bad as methadone. But it's a mistake to think you can dose heavily for a long time and escape withdrawals.

How much were you dosing daily? And for how long? I've been addictedt to all sorts of opiates and kratom absolutely has real withdrawals and can get
when i frst started i think i did around 8-10g a day and then i would just randomly start doing random doses around 5g-14g depending on my mood and i eventually got sick of the taste and pills so i just take 1-2 tiny spoonfuls throughout the day but i took a week off and didn't really notice.

when i frst started i think i did around 8-10g a day and then i would just randomly start doing random doses around 5g-14g depending on my mood and i eventually got sick of the taste and pills so i just take 1-2 tiny spoonfuls throughout the day but i took a week off and didn't really notice.

Oh yeah that's really low. It changes dramatically when you're doing 30 grams or more per day. Some people on here are doing as much as 100 grams a day for long periods of time. I tend to escalate my usage to at lest 30 grams a day when I start up with it. At my worst I was doing 12 gram doses 4 to 5 times a day, so 48-60 grams a day. Also when you start adding extracts into it, things get really bad, because you can take a lot more mitragynine without the shitty side effects of plain leaf. When you get into that realm of usage, the withdrawals can be pretty severe.

Kratom has basically no withdrawals? I've taken it every day for months and just slowly cut down because i got sick of the taste and negative effects and even then if i missed a few days i never really noticed or cared. Even when i took a lot of kratom the worst i got was restless leg and trouble sleeping. I swear a lot of people psych themselves into a lot of withdrawals that don't exist.
Kratom was the worst withdrawal ever for me. I took an oz or more a day, but this person does not need to be on methadone.

Oh yeah that's really low. It changes dramatically when you're doing 30 grams or more per day. Some people on here are doing as much as 100 grams a day for long periods of time. I tend to escalate my usage to at lest 30 grams a day when I start up with it. At my worst I was doing 12 gram doses 4 to 5 times a day, so 48-60 grams a day. Also when you start adding extracts into it, things get really bad, because you can take a lot more mitragynine without the shitty side effects of plain leaf. When you get into that realm of usage, the withdrawals can be pretty severe.
yeah man I was up to about 50g/day on this brand that's fortified with extract, I switched back to regular bulk stuff and I'm in withdrawal no matter how much of this stuff I eat. It's not full blown wds but I'm hurting pretty bad.

I need to get off that brand, my usage went out of control. Also the wds starting coming on way more quickly like 10-12 hrs compared to 20+ before >_<

After careful consideration and reading many posts on here, I decided to not follow through with the Methadone treatment. I’m coming off Kratom cold-turkey. Thanks to all those that gave me the advice.
I guarantee you if you try and quit now it won't be as bad as your perhaps worried it will be