• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Starting Methadone to get off Kratom

Harbivore

Greenlighter
I have a habit of eating one tablespoon of plain leaf Kratom powder a day. I start methadone treatment tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what to expect? I want them to start me on a high dose so I don’t suffer any withdrawals from Kratom.

Yeah I hope this is a joke.
But maybe the OP went to one of those worthless doctors that has read 1 or perhaps 2 sensationalistic articles about kratom. Some of them are just clueless about opioids and drugs in general, they see someone taking any opioid whatsoever (no matter the dose and frequency) and instantly assume he/she is a junkie who needs methadone or a high dose of buprenorphine.

Yeah I hope this is a joke.
But maybe the OP went to one of those worthless doctors that has read 1 or perhaps 2 sensationalistic articles about kratom. Some of them are just clueless about opioids and drugs in general, they see someone taking any opioid whatsoever (no matter the dose and frequency) and instantly assume he/she is a junkie who needs methadone or a high dose of buprenorphine.
Well the doctor did not seem to know anything about Kratom. I had to explain to her it was a legal opiate and that I use the Red Bali strain which she then went on her computer to look it up.

One tablespoon of kratom is maybe 6g. Getting on methadone for any amount of kratom is foolish however.

Even getting on buprenorphine for 6g/day of kratom is a huge mistake.

Get some black seed oil for the withdrawal symptoms and taper off.

Supposing this is real, getting on methadone for 6g/day of kratom would be about as big as a mistake one could make. In fact, if they gave you the usual starting dose of 30mg-40mg of methadone you'd get sick as a dog and be vomiting for a day and a half.

You know I think one dose of methadone about 5-10 mgs only once would help. Just once though. I agree not the usual 40 mgs they start with you will be sick for many hours. But if you take methadone every day you would wish you were only back at 6 gr of kratom. 6 grams I probably wouldn't feel much effect or withdrawal. I need at least 10-15 gr.

If this is a serious post and I am not convinced of that yet, then taper down 1 gram a week and fling the tiny habit off of you. Be master of your own ship. Doctors will only complicate this simple habit. For all the scare stories I can report tapering has been easy. Just have to want to do it. It may be easy for me as I have simple drug habits. Just kratom and cannabis daily. Ok coffee too in the morning. But I don't party with all the funky RC's like you all. lol

Wow, this post actually made me register to get an account so I could respond…! Holy donkey balls Batman did this person just say Kratom to methadone ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!! First off… I am a recovering opioid attack… occasionally I dabble but for most part I try my best to walk the line so to speak. I started back when Purdue was pushing oxy like they were breath mints I’m surprised they didn’t try to sell that shit over the counter man I would love an original formula anyways I’m getting way off topic sorry just had five dabs back to back of some live resin I just made MJ legal where I am 🤩🤑🤤🤤🤤🤤
Ok my point was methadone is absolutely and I mean absolutely the worst and longest withdrawals for any kind of opioid/opiate. 💯

as far as getting dependent on Kratom yeah idk I really can’t see that but I’m bias because I’m going from being full blown addiction to any opioids I could get my hands on until I finally broke down and rode the 🐉

my opinion this post is fake and wanted to see replies because they are board or just starting puberty…. If it is real I apologize no disrespect but count your blessings it’s Kratom and don’t ever touch anything like that again run Forrest run cause life is not a box of chocolates and it will kick your ass… good luck 🍀

Last edited:
Yeah thats fucking crazy. If you really cant cold turkey it, small dose of bupe (like 1mg) but moving from a partial agonist to full doesnt make sense unless of course the goal is to further your addiction.

No doctor would suggest this, even 3rd world doctors the US haven't poached yet. Did this consultantation take place in a van?

This sounds like a joke/troll thread. But to be clear to the OP in case they're not joking, and to anyone else reading this:

Methadone is FAR worse to come off of than kratom. 1 tablespoon of kratom is about 6 grams. 6 grams once per day is VERY low, and you could probably just jump off that with little to no suffering. Methadone is way overkill, basically you're using a stick of dynamite to blow up a cardboard box, instead of just stomping on it. You're going to end up stuck on one of the most powerful opioids, which makes kratom withdrawal look like a stroll in the park on a slightly cloudy day. Methadone withdrawal can linger on for a month and is much, much more painful.

I wouldn't even recommend methadone to come off of 100 grams per day of kratom.

Seriously you will regret this decision so much if you do it. if you're getting withdrawal from kratom, get some clonidine and gabapentin from the doctor and take gabapentin for 5 days and you'll not feel any withdrawal, then stop the gabapentin and you'll be 100% fine. Don't take the gabapentin for longer than a week or you can develop dependence on it. If you can't get gabapentin, see if you can get clonidine, just that might do the job. if you can't get either, or if clonidine doesn't help you much, get some black seed oil like @negrogesic suggested, it helps a lot with mild opiate withdrawal and is not addictive, and you can buy it on amazon.

EDIT: 12 gauge on a mosquito is a much better analogy :ROFLMAO:

But really, typically might try to use kratom to come off methadone, not the other way around.

This sounds like a joke/troll thread. But to be clear to the OP in case they're not joking, and to anyone else reading this:

Methadone is FAR worse to come off of than kratom. 1 tablespoon of kratom is about 6 grams. 6 grams once per day is VERY low, and you could probably just jump off that with little to no suffering. Methadone is way overkill, basically you're using a stick of dynamite to blow up a cardboard box, instead of just stomping on it. You're going to end up stuck on one of the most powerful opioids, which makes kratom withdrawal look like a stroll in the park on a slightly cloudy day. Methadone withdrawal can linger on for a month and is much, much more painful.

I wouldn't even recommend methadone to come off of 100 grams per day of kratom.

Seriously you will regret this decision so much if you do it. if you're getting withdrawal from kratom, get some clonidine and gabapentin from the doctor and take gabapentin for 5 days and you'll not feel any withdrawal, then stop the gabapentin and you'll be 100% fine. Don't take the gabapentin for longer than a week or you can develop dependence on it. If you can't get gabapentin, see if you can get clonidine, just that might do the job. if you can't get either, or if clonidine doesn't help you much, get some black seed oil like @negrogesic suggested, it helps a lot with mild opiate withdrawal and is not addictive, and you can buy it on amazon.

EDIT: 12 gauge on a mosquito is a much better analogy :ROFLMAO:

But really, typically might try to use kratom to come off methadone, not the other way around.
After careful consideration and reading many posts on here, I decided to not follow through with the Methadone treatment. I’m coming off Kratom cold-turkey. Thanks to all those that gave me the advice.

I tried substituting methadone for a 100g/day kratom habit and found myself still using kratom for pain relief in the afternoon and evening on top of 80mg/day methadone so I quit the clinic because it was too expensive.

I wouldn't go on methadone for a tablespoon/day habit though!!

After careful consideration and reading many posts on here, I decided to not follow through with the Methadone treatment. I’m coming off Kratom cold-turkey. Thanks to all those that gave me the advice.

I'm glad to hear this. ♥️ Order yourself some black seed oil, it helps. Also see if the doctor will prescribe you gabapentin, it really helps tremendously. Or at least clonidine. And if you start to feel like you can't handle it, and don't have those other things, get yourself some loperamide and take 30mg. It takes a few hours to kick in, but will mostly eliminate withdrawal, especially for a low dose withdrawal like yours.

Good luck man!

methadon to come off kratom? in germany we say: mit kanonen auf spatzen schiessen.

Hey yall..... The US Food and drug Administration is trying to screw us all again, and this time they’re f’ing with the whole world.
In 2016, the US FDA tried desperately to put Kratom into Schedule 1(with heroin). Thankfully they failed. They have tried an extensive smear campaign ever since then, trying to convince everyone that Kratom is dangerous. About two years ago they actually flew to Indonesia and tried to convince their government to outlaw the export of Kratom (also failed).

Now they’re playing hardball. The United States Food and Drug Administration has convinced the World Health Organization to hear arguments regarding a global ban on all Kratom products. If it passes, it would be an international crime to possess Kratom anywhere in the world.

I’m including the link to a site for public comments on the proposed regulation. Please spread the word. We only have until the end of August to be heard.

Last edited: