• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Star gazing on LSD: Music Suggestions?

Call me biased, but for me the Grateful Dead is the most enjoyable music to listen to when on LSD. YouTube has a plethora of full shows on there, you just gotta poke around and you can find some real gold. If you are unfamiliar with the Dead than Europe 72 is a good starting point, as is the fall tour of '73, spring tour of '77, and spring tour of '90. My favorite show, or song, or version of a song changes pretty regularly but right now I am really digging the Mission in the Rain by Jerry Garcia Band from Kean College in 1980.

An advantage too to putting in a show like this is that it provides visual stimuli during the trip, audio stimuli, and an entire show is hours in length - because nobody wants to have to find a new song to play every 5 minutes when you are high on L. Just press play once and enjoy hours of bliss.

Other than the Grateful Dead I enjoy Phish a lot when I am spun. I recently listened to their Halloween show from 1994 where they played the White Album by the Beatles in its entirety. If Phish isn't your thing I at least recommend listening to the While my Guitar Gently Weeps from that show, it is mind blowingly awesome. Primus is also great, and so is Yonder Mountain String Band.

It would be obvious of me to suggest the Dead, and my fellow head above made some good suggestions, so I'll go with something completely different:

[video=youtube_share;Ziw4yd5R0QI]http://youtu.be/Ziw4yd5R0QI[/video]

Apropos band name too.

None of which would have been possible without the beach boys smile....I'm looking forward to a winter with the 1p and my new records and record player . Eyes wide shut . Horizontal. Happy stone happy Monday folks...only 2 days away. :)

it is such an awesome experience looking into the heavens on LSD.

I recommend anything on ultimae records - carbon based lifeforms, solar fields, aes dana, circular are all good.

Ultimae imo is the best ambient record lable out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0AG_W0E2Nc

Bill frisell- is that you? Twangy space filled jazz guitar with very psychadelic song structure great for just kicking back. I listened to this one during the recent lunar eclipse and it was magical