• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Spur of productivity after taking benzos

fugme

Bluelighter
I've read stories about how for some people benzos can be stimulating and make them clean their entire apartment :LOL:, which i used to chuckle about.
I've been abusing benzos and other GABA-A drugs for about 9 months now purely for insomnia related problem, mostly on weekly basis, but frequently on daily basis too. After half a year or so i got used to that content, worry free feeling i get before going to sleep. I know pharmacologically they're pure sedatives. It seems its all about the mental aspect of the drug.

I've tried plenty of stimulants and eugeroics, but while they can be very stimulating you still have to force yourself to focus on whatever needs to be done. Otherwise i just end up sitting on a couch all sweaty with heart pumping and do nothing but watch tv until it wears off - either that or a fapping marathon.

With benzos it's actually different. Once all the troubles, worries, stress, bad memories and mental anguish relaxes i find i actually enjoy doing chores and planning my calendar for stuff that needs to be done.

You benzo-heads, what are your anecdotes on this one?

I can confirm this: I also tend to get more productive when I take Etizolam (usually at 1 to 2 mg doses). I think the reason for this is that benzos are disinhibiting, so all the small reasons why you shouldn't do something disappear. It is much more subtle and pleasant than any stimulant for me.

I can confirm this: I also tend to get more productive when I take Etizolam (usually at 1 to 2 mg doses). I think the reason for this is that benzos are disinhibiting, so all the small reasons why you shouldn't do something disappear. It is much more subtle and pleasant than any stimulant for me.

Same thing here. I take etizolam an hour or two before the bed to relax a bit and then i start doing chores out of nowhere, completely "naturally". Before that i'm usually half-dead as a zombie after i come home from work.

I use to get this from clonazepam in my 20's.

I make crazy underground music, which would require me to get into "character" for vocals (which I was always concerned my neighbors would hear me do).
But after taking a kpin, I'd suddenly feel, almost manically full of creativity. At least for the first 2 hours.

I'd do vocals, do crazy photography, etc..

Once I started using benzos though daily for anxiety, they just started to make me feel tired and that's about it.

Even with extended breaks, taking a clonazepam now in my 30's just makes me feel dull and wanna go to bed.

Wonder why that change happens.

^ what you described happened with me as well. In my younger years they seemed to have a positive, enjoyable effect for me, at least some of the time anyway (clonazepam was my favorite but I've tried a lot of different ones, even a few of the rare/obscure ones). Nowadays they just make me feel depressed and lethargic

^ what you described happened with me as well. In my younger years they seemed to have a positive, enjoyable effect for me, at least some of the time anyway (clonazepam was my favorite but I've tried a lot of different ones, even a few of the rare/obscure ones). Nowadays they just make me feel depressed and lethargic
Exactly.

For some odd reason, I don't experience insane benzo withdrawal like most people speak about either. Not that I doubt it exists or anything.

I have had a few episodes of rebound anxiety when stopping. But I find I can take kpins for a few days at any given dose, stop for a few days, do it again.
Never really feel a "withdrawal" and never really seem to get 'addicted' or 'crave' them either. It's been this way for years & years now.
Could be cause I'm on a partial opioid agonist and gaba too, I dunno.

But yeah, I made a lot of crazy music back in the day on kpins. It's like it removed my inhibitions at the time and I could just express myself without any shame.
But now a days, it's strictly a lethargic, dulled, downer feeling for me. No matter my tolerance.

This tends to happen after someone finds their drug. Then the justifications for more frequent use starts because it seems to make you a better person. Forgive me if this is too much projection, i'm just a buzzkill

^^^^^ It happened to me and benzos never became "my drug".

In fact, they can often times dull the experiences of the drugs I do like. lol

but they are a god send when in the throes of panic.

This tends to happen after someone finds their drug. Then the justifications for more frequent use starts because it seems to make you a better person. Forgive me if this is too much projection, i'm just a buzzkill

Benzos aren't my kind of drugs, i don't find them recreational. Some of them might be considered ok at best. So there was no honeymoon phase if that's what you're suggesting.

makes me wanna cook and not get homicidal on dirty dishes
Haha same.
Diazepam anyway, when taken on occasion can lift the depression and anxiety I feel on a day-to-day basis and I feel more able to organise myself and get shit done that I usually procrastinate on. Sometimes I like staying awake and just enjoying feeling good/normal for a change so I don't get sleepy on them at all really.

oh man - i'd be cooking and cleaning at the same time and then when i passed out, it was because i actually stopped and sat down for a second

i love that shit

idk how that's not recreational for anybody but it sure is for me - im straight up clicking heels on 20mg of diazapam

idk how that's not recreational for anybody but it sure is for meidk how that's not recreational for anybody but it sure is for me - im straight up clicking heels on 20mg of diazapam
Well I can tell you, and I’m sure most will agree, if a BL’er is happy and clicking heels then we are all happy and clicking heels. 😘 I mean that sincerely!

I wish it was just 20 mg of diazepam did it for me. It does seem things like diazepam is prescribed pretty easy.

Well I can tell you, and I’m sure most will agree, if a BL’er is happy and clicking heels then we are all happy and clicking heels. 😘 I mean that sincerely!

I wish it was just 20 mg of diazepam did it for me. It does seem things like diazepam is prescribed pretty easy.

it's really hard to get it here now - idk but some guys tell me it's not, but that's not what im seeing?

ya know too - ive wondered why it works so well for me...is it because i can really use it? or is it because ive never taken them everyday? the most ive ever really eaten them is twice in a week....i do feel them the next day and i would think that's because of the long half life - so i never felt the need to take them again so soon

idk - but i do think they're great - for me anyway

I think the older we get the easier it is to get some of these things. I certainly don’t look drug seeking. In fact when I had shingles my doctor offered pain meds and I said I’ll be OK with just Advil but thank you. That’s when she said at least let me give you gabapentin. And I’m glad that happened.

But I think if a person sincerely ask their doctor for a one off script it wouldn’t be too hard to get diazepam or something similar.
ya know too - ive wondered why it works so well for me..

I used to hate this class of drug when I was a younger. I think at one point I had 1010 mg Valiums that I had in my closet for about eight years without touching one. And back then I would use alcohol or opiates to come down for a trip. But as I get older anything that makes me sleepy seems a lot more valued. I understand this thread is about motivation, and that is not me. But I do like blanking out on the couch as my problems melt into sleep.

Honestly I can’t use them any other way. If I take a benzo and say someone aggravates me from work or something, I get very angry and it kind of negates the whole purpose for taking a benzo. So I have to take it and be on the couch ready to blink out.

But it’s no secret, anything that helps shield us from the world even for a little bit is valuable.

oh so you turn into an asshole....i know a couple people that happens to....you start to tell somebody off, but there's no anxiety in it, so you don't even realize you just told somebody off, and there's a good chance you might not even remember

ive done that a couple times on them

oops - sorry! 😬 :)

Nah, I am a peaceful hippie ha ha. It could be that my work just aggravates the piss out of me regardless lol

I do remember someone asking a drug counselor years ago, if we take our drug of choice and something irritates us it’s doubly as bad. So the drug counselor said that’s because when you take your drug of choice you’re expecting your peacefulness and if anything sticks a pin in that you get double angry. I guess that makes some sense.

it's really hard to get it here now - idk but some guys tell me it's not, but that's not what im seeing?

ya know too - ive wondered why it works so well for me...is it because i can really use it? or is it because ive never taken them everyday? the most ive ever really eaten them is twice in a week....i do feel them the next day and i would think that's because of the long half life - so i never felt the need to take them again so soon

My experience here in central Europa is somewhat mixed in that regard: My doctor absolutely refused to prescribe any Benzo to treat my insomnia - all I got was shitty Zopiclone - but had no problem with prescriping Lorazepam for my fear of flying a couple of months later. The black market is flooded with Diazepam, though, so there's always that option. Honestly, I'm more worried about the Etizolam supply at the moment. It is still available as an (illegal) RC from certain RC vendors, but the supply of blisters has dried up since the export ban in India.

My experience here in central Europa is somewhat mixed in that regard: My doctor absolutely refused to prescribe any Benzo to treat my insomnia - all I got was shitty Zopiclone - but had no problem with prescriping Lorazepam for my fear of flying a couple of months later. The black market is flooded with Diazepam, though, so there's always that option. Honestly, I'm more worried about the Etizolam supply at the moment. It is still available as an (illegal) RC from certain RC vendors, but the supply of blisters has dried up since the export ban in India.
((Clarification: I’m not talking to “You” personally as my pronoun usage suggests. I mean more generalized like One may or even more personal such I would.))

Man That etizolam was horrible. If you were needing Alprazolam or Diazepam and I could get some Etilaam Etizolam- if I took two that -1st try then THAT was the maximum payout I would ever receive from this one.

I’ve never seen anything like them because Let’s say that you got by with just the two that 1st day to again be facing benzo o’clock.

If I tried on a 2nd day by subsequently reaching for two, I felt NOT nothing but absolutely nothing. If I let pure addict desperation commingled with wishful thinking make me at least try to double up or I rationalized being desperate and took a couple more thinking tolerance is fine so who gives a shit & I took two more - I found out without question about diminishing returns.

You cannot win with etizolam period. It gives you one go & if you feel anything from that you better be glad bc you might as well you throw them away or put them up for a month which is impossible to do bc there’s a denial part of you it thinks surely it had the same drug in it today that it did yesterday! And it does …it’s just their mechanism of action is so fucked off!