Sports, Leisure, Gaming, and Gambling

if they wont even add a pharmacology forum, which fits the scope of bluelight more, then they definitely wont add a sports and leisure forum, sorry to say. but i do agree that some of the forum additions seem rather silly, but thats just my opinion and its not "my" board :p

New forums usually get created because the admins perceive a demand for it. start a lot more gaming threads and perhaps you'll get your forum :)

I liked how your expanded the possibility of the forum, TR. There have been a few of us in the past that have pushed for something similar, and I'd like to see it happen. Then again, I doubt it will. It'd be quite nice though...I know I'd contribute heavily. ;)

FoxyKel said:
So long as the discussion is a serious thread about games/gaming/gambling/sport, these threads are always welcome in Second Opinion.

S/O is the 'serious' spin-off to the lounge and many people don't realise that the forum is not just for asking advice, but also for sharing information and discussion any social topics (such as gaming, etc) in a serious manner :)

I have to agree too. It can be used for any sort of social topics. But maybe the forum may get too messy with things of that nature?

if that were to become the case, then perhaps another forum would be made. but as it stands, im sure the admins think there does not seem to be justification for making a seperate forum. you have a place to make your posts, in Second Opinion, so at least they have some sort of a home, right? :)

^They may think that, but hopefully one of them will step forward and say so if they indeed do. :)

I sincerely think a forum which contains categories as broad as the ones I listed, yell which fall under one "umbrella" so to speak, would thrive. There's never a NEED for any forum. We could just jumble everything into one forum.

But as I said earlier, I've noticed this community continuing to grow and thrive. And on a non-harm reduction related note, I think this is one of the next logical steps.

If the Admins plan nothing else, that's fine, and I'm 100% accepting of it.. and won't be putting up a fit. I simply suggested this idea because myself, and others, believe it would be a great avenue to further discuss such subject matters, and would open up MUCH more discussion on the said topics.

Do it
Doooooo it.

A lot of other forums have nothing to do with harm reduction.

Of course there in lies the problem when we are down to one administrator making decisions on the board. If Catch 22 thinks its a good idea, it happens, if he doesnt, it doesnt happen. Oh the days.

Thank god for other cool boards

I think at this point, I think BL would profit more from increasing its attraction to drug culture before it's community focus.

But haven't we been over all this before 100times.

Lots of people want
1- a gaming forum
2- an art forum (beyond music and film)
3- a book forum for discussing work, not just posting your own poetry
4- a science and tech forum.

It'll happen when it happens. But BA brings up a great point. We don't want the forum to have 80% community forums and 10% drug forums, 10% other (admin, support,etc)

I dont see anyone requesting a new drug forum...other than 'alcohol'.

Pharmacology would be a great start.. chrissy mentioned that.
Maybe a forum geared towards Mushrooms? Or cultivation of mushrooms, marijuana, and/or opium. A DMT or LSD specific forum.

"Other Drugs" encompasses alot, and has a lot of problems, from the gripes i continually here from users. Making certain more popular drugs, specific to a forum could probably increase the seriousness in which the forum is taken by many.

You can take a look at for ideas about marijuana forums
www.overgrow.com
ww.grasscity.com

or other drug forum ideas:
www.shroomery.com
www.poppies.org
http://dmt.lycaeum.org/ (DMT World)
www.feeverte.net (absinthe)

^ My thoughts exactly..

Last time I checked, no new forum suggestions were being implemented.

Last edited:
Suggestions are just that, but not having read the whole thread, you might have noticed that already..

DigitalDuality said:
Pharmacology would be a great start.. chrissy mentioned that.
Maybe a forum geared towards Mushrooms? Or cultivation of mushrooms, marijuana, and/or opium. A DMT or LSD specific forum.

Is cultivation discussion even allowed? Isn't bluelight Harm Reduction. Although I guess growing your own drugs would be safer and more reliable than getting them off the street. ;)

I'm all for a games forum I would participate heavily in it. I would also participate heavily in a technology/computers forum (as that is my chosen field of study). Pharmacology would be a great forum to participate in if I currently had the hook up in that area... The more diverse bluelight becomes the more that I want to post and stick around. Answering drug kitties questions on the best ways to get high will eventually become tedious. People need to do their own research and not rely on others opinions and interpretations.

That being said, bluelight is a great second opinion forum where a lot of questions can get answered. There are enough people on the forum that have "been there" and "done that" that information from bluelight is usually true. (Except in the current events and politics)
;)

Re: Re: Forum Suggestion: Sports, Leisure, Gaming, and Gambling

iso240 said:

Guys, I'm not trying to be rude (this is NOT sarcasm), but I've browsed through a few of your post history lists, and I'm wondering why you even frequent a drug site if you so rarely participate in the Drug Discussion forums. Why not join a forum that's focused on leisure activities, instead of troubling people to cater to an area that's so off-topic for this site?

B/c in all reality bluelight is a community, regardless of the site's focus. I for one, have not used illegal drugs (except once) in more than 6 years. Though i find that alot of people here are like minded individuals.

Re: Re: Forum Suggestion: Sports, Leisure, Gaming, and Gambling

iso240 said:
Guys, I'm not trying to be rude (this is NOT sarcasm), but I've browsed through a few of your post history lists, and I'm wondering why you even frequent a drug site if you so rarely participate in the Drug Discussion forums. Why not join a forum that's focused on leisure activities, instead of troubling people to cater to an area that's so off-topic for this site?

If you're not trying to be rude, you've failed.

According to you BL should only be Drug Forums, I take it?

I'm sure there are a hell of a lot of people who would disagree with you.

^if you look at older versions of bluelight (which i have saved if you want to see) MDMA culture plays very strongly into rave culture. Raves, incorporate a social scene, entertainment.. drugs can be a catalyst for thought, lifestyle, and art. Politics involves everyone, including the drug world. By forming a tight community, in a manner of speaking we stand united under a cause. We influence each other, not just in safety and education about drug use, but about life in general When drug users learn to stand together on various levels, other than just the substance of choice, maybe actual change can be made.

Bluelight is not merely an informative site, but a community as a whole. And community is very important.

Notice EVERY other drug site outthere, and they focus on this mentality. A good reason, is that developing relations (even if merely online) with people, makes us more willing to help out each other in cases of drug use, frankly because we care about someone rather than showing an interest in a substance.

In the business world, you have social gatherings, Lunches, birthdays parties, company dinners, etc. there's a reason behind it. Finding ways to connect with people beyond the main focus is important, it helps people stick together.

Lets take Thoughts and Awareness for example. Philosophy, spirituality, religion, etc.. can be very connected to drugs. Currently there's a thread right now concerning "the best drug for philisophical insight". Psychedelics actually stimulate the same part of the brain as does meditation.

The art forums.. i don't think need to be explained. Name me a genre of art (music, poetry, prose, film, television, painting, sculpture,.. even architecture.. ) that hasn't been created with a drug as its catalyst or as a helping hand. Absinthe was known as the creative force behind the likes of Van Gogh and Picasso. Psychedelics can be attributed to the Beatles, the Doors, Tool, Salvador Dali, Alex Grey, etc..

What about College and University? How many of us are at that age currently? This can be said about the Lounge and Second Opinion as well. We have lives outside of drug use, yet we're part of drug culture. That's going back to the community mentality again. There's specific takes on higher education, life, entertainment, etc.. that affect drug culture a bit different than everyone else at times. For instance, what if drugs was the deciding factor in your educational direction?

How about Sex, Love, and Relationships? Do you know how many threads have been started about "drug in relationships"? I currently have on one its front page. Or "Sex on <drug of choice>". Relationships and sex can have very different dynamics between people that use or even abuse drugs.

And like i said, Politics.. you can relate to activism.

Now all these things affect us, as a drug culture or as individuals, certain scenarios are drug specific, some are not. But they do fit under a broader umbrellas that can be categorized into general topic themes.

Frankly i think it is important for drug users to develop a culture. If all we cared about was the safety, the the chemical compositions, and reading trip reports.. drug legalization wouldn't have much power. There's more to life than drugs, and we get to share that with each other. I frankly think it is benefiticial even though my reply is extremely scatter brained, which i do apologize for.

I think the best way to put it.. and sorry to add on..

Is the drug forums is the brain of bluelight, the rest.. is it's soul.

Also if bluelight attracts people because of philosophy, relationships, or politics (even non drug users), it would be benefiticial to counter out the ideas that permeate through society that drug users are heartless, unintelligent, unmotivated, scary, members of society. It shows that we are people first and foremost, and not what society makes us out to be. It also might attract someone to debate politics, who might actually learn that their doing something really stupid with drugs that they shouldn't for health reasons. It can be seen as a marketing ploy to attact people to further advocate harm reduction.

to iso: that is, if i'm not on ignore - just because users don't participate actively in the drug discussion doesn't mean we don't read them. i post from time to time when i have something to offer, but i am well aware of the fact that the regular users know more than i and have more to offer. it's ridiculous to think that bluelight should be so limited. it has expanded as the users have expanded, and many people come for the drugs and stay for the people - as I have.

many people that come here used to be heavy drug users and have now ceased interest in drug use, thus there is really no need to ask about the best way to smoke pot or whatever. but, there will always be a definite divide between those who don't participate in the social forums and those participate in the drug forums - some sort of elitist crap.

i find it amusing you'd take so much time to look through people's history to see if they're that active in the drug forums - as long as they are not a moderator in that type of forum, what concern is it of yours or really, of anybody's?

personally, i'm often too intimidated to post in the drug forums - because i dont find them to be friendly, and the testosterone runs wild.

people drawn to this type of community tend to have the same general type of interests, which is what Bluelight is, and should cater to, if the need arises. The admins don't seem to mind expanding and adapting, why should you? If you don't like it, why moderate?