• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Spasms and twitches days after MDMA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

I recall a few times after rolling this happening, and i usually notice this happening to my girlfriend as well. It would only happen to me sometimes, though, hardly every time after rolling.

Whats really weird to me though, is that I've gone the longest without rolling since I first started(2 months now), and in the past 2-3 weeks I notice these "hypnic jerks" happening to me almost every night or anytime i start to doze off....

I most definitely experienced some of these twitches and spasms but they are completely tolerable when I'm sober. How ever when ever I smoke pot as i do daily, they usually freak me out and only happens when i have rolled recently and am smoking. This is pretty much the only reason i started getting panic and anxiety attacks from pot, it would be the twitching i would get in my legs from smoking weed after E.

I've had a twitch in my left leg ever since I done 300mg of mephedrone way before it went illegal.

God damn, stimulants are so evil aren't they. I am more of a downer guy my self : P Who doesn't like a nice sedative buzz and for the most part none of them give a comedown, instead you get a nice after glow like with benzos.

my body twitches all over the place lol not like really big jerks but like 3 or 4 square inch of an area just twitches. its kinda funny, and it happened before i took E

twitches and spasm is pretty common with stimulant abuse added with a not so okay sleep pattern.. take a good break, good sleep, and healthy eats and you will notice them going away you just gotta stay on a healthy regime

A bit fucking scared!

Can anyone help me!
2 days ago me and 3 friends dropped a mdma cap each, 2 days after without any sleep, i started to get twitches and spasms in my neck and feet, my neck is worst then my feet. I started to twitch real bad 5 hours after i first dropped the cap. Can i fix it? someone fucking helppppp!

P.S this is the second time i have had these caps the first time i had them i didnt twitch or anything but this time i did, mabey because i smoked weed this time?

hi this was discussed bak in 2008 but i wanna bring this bak ...
ive started using m in december of 2012 and eversince then i fell in loveee after that ive been using M like every weekend before my tolerance was low but now i have a high tolerance for it. I usally do my m in powder form and parachute it. me and my friend share a gram and we usually do a triple stack each. im use to the triple stack cuz i do it like every weekend so the roll isnt as good as the first time lol so it was jus this weekend that i started to have twitching and random spasms wen i be sleeping .. this weekend i did m two days wid a triple stack .. came home on a sunday night and all of a sudden i had this big random spasm where i was like legit lifted in tha air .. it didnt happen once but liek 3 more times after that .. its been two days now and i still had big random spasms .. i thought i was crazy as well at first but after searching this up i gues i aint the first. .. my vision has also been getting blurred as wel to apoint where i wanna faint .. my back hurts , im twitching , my eyes is getting weak damnnn i needa calm down on the drugs and alchohol lol

Old posts I know but there is a particular phenomenon I wanted to raise. Recently a day after very moderate MDMA use I had a drink and a smoke before going to bed. When lying in bed trying to sleep I was getting near constant arm twitches which were quite irritating. I therefore concentrated on the spasm in the way I might focus on trying to cure hiccups and low and behold the twitching stopped, however simultaneously (and if felt to me like a consequence of my concentration) I had a fairly strong warm brain zap at the back right hand side of my head. I hate brain zaps, and have rarely had them on MD and therefore felt slightly freaked out. I wondered if anyone had experienced this same phenomenon, and whether it was possible that focusing on stopping the twitches was actually bad in someway for my poor recovering brain!

Old posts I know but there is a particular phenomenon I wanted to raise. Recently a day after very moderate MDMA use I had a drink and a smoke before going to bed. When lying in bed trying to sleep I was getting near constant arm twitches which were quite irritating. I therefore concentrated on the spasm in the way I might focus on trying to cure hiccups and low and behold the twitching stopped, however simultaneously (and if felt to me like a consequence of my concentration) I had a fairly strong warm brain zap at the back right hand side of my head. I hate brain zaps, and have rarely had them on MD and therefore felt slightly freaked out. I wondered if anyone had experienced this same phenomenon, and whether it was possible that focusing on stopping the twitches was actually bad in someway for my poor recovering brain!
Kind of, though I don't get twitches in my arms often. For me it's always my torso muscles that are twitching constantly together with upper leg muscles. Focusing on them indeed stops them for a while, but that's the same as focusing on shivering when you're cold I think. You can stop the shivering for a while but it will probably come back once you lose focus.

As for the brain zaps those always seemed to start when trying to fall asleep on the rare occasions I really went overboard with my dosing, so I don't think it's the focusing on the twitches that caused them but rather the fact you were in bed trying to sleep. I've heard that multiple times before actually that these zaps seem to be triggered/exacerbated when your body starts preparing for sleep. No idea why though

I honestly think this is just psychological. That it was more likely the fact that you were in bed trying to sleep that caused a zap. I wouldn't worry too much. Though I find it weird that you get brain zaps from moderate use. Have you abused MDMA pretty bad in the past? Everyone reacts differently so it's not impossible. Anyways I wish you all the best!

Last edited:
Cheers BB, perhaps you're right and it is unrelated, it just felt like it wasn't!

I don't normally get the zaps from MDMA, although I had them badly from apb. As to doses I hadn't really gone for it… and in the past, I've not been too bad.. probably the most I've done has been 3 nights in a row but they weren't massive doses (100-150)…. these days the most is twice in a month.. generally small doses too..I think it must be the lack of sleep and general tension.. that or getting old!

You are very welcome :)

I am actually pretty sure of this, though not 100%

However what you're saying is your normal usage pattern is actually bordering on abuse :) Twice a month is really too much man, even at smaller doses (150mg is a big dose for most people). This will certainly contribute to the brain zaps, without a doubt. And brain zaps can get worse, it's not because you never had them that they can't start occurring all of the sudden and from then on occur more frequently and after smaller doses than before. I've seen this happen a lot actually. IMHO as soon as you start developing bad comedowns/brain zaps/heart palpitations/... they occur almost every time you roll on too big a dose or too frequently and they get progressively worse. Watch out man, I would slow down my usage a bit if I were you. MDMA/your body is giving you a warning, listen to it

How are you feeling now? Better I hope? I wish you all the best!

I probably didn't express myself very well my 150 dose was in my 'big binge' these days my smaller doses are 70-110mg… my twice monthly is probably only the busier times of summer fun! mostly it is only monthly, still cheers for your concern I'm all fine now ;o)

Last edited:
Benadryl is the answer. My dog had the same problem. He was taken to the hospital and was given Benadryl. That solved everything.

I have been taking mdma (not mixed) 200-270mg pills for years. they are considered strong and most people should only take half and wait an hour they can also have a very smooth come down, who needs caffeine :D I have got bad stages of legs twitchin etc..(no sleep) mostly if i end up taking 2 or 3 :D my advise/opinion to some people is try diazepam even small amount ONLY after a night of MDMA, it gets rid of my twitchs also can make u very relaxed etc.
Weed helps some people depending what u smoking on...not for everyone tho :D
I have more tips/help for any users out there as well
let me know if you have any questions :D :D