• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Spasms and twitches days after MDMA

Wakarimasen

Bluelighter
First off apologies if this doesn't fit in this forum...

I used to take MDMA a lot more often than I do now. It used to be every week or two, now it's more like every month or two, or three. However when I do go out it tends to be a heavy night. Since my tolerance is slightly lower again now, the effects seem to be all the stronger.

I've started to notice an after effect that I've only been getting sometimes in the past year or so. In the days after a session; even up to a week after, I get random twitches and spasms in all different parts of my body. Often in my neck, arms and hands. It feels like a shiver, but completely involuntary. Sometimes it's less of a movement, and more just a sharp feeling like when a limb goes to sleep.

Has anyone ever had anything like this? Any idea why it happens?

Cheers :)

I'm in the same boat. Just recently I noticed that some area in my body does twitch a little. Started to freak me out a bit I tried to research about it but no luck. I have a lot of friends that rolled way more then me, I never hear of them complaining about twitching. Hopefully others can give some more input regarding this issue.

that has happened to me before. Usually only at higher dosages. Usually im out dancing all night so i've always chalked it up to tight sore muscles the next day.
I don't know if that's right though, it seems like it is along the same lines as "brain zaps" although i've never experienced that.

same here. i thought i was just crazy at first.. and theres been times i've gone to sleep after rolling and been woken up by some crazy painful calve cramps.

I find this is like twitching, usually something associated with going really overboard on the pingers.

bakedbean said:
same here. i thought i was just crazy at first.. and theres been times i've gone to sleep after rolling and been woken up by some crazy painful calve cramps.

I get that in my calves sometimes. I'm pretty sure it's from dancing all night with lactic acid building up in your legs after you've gone to sleep which results in cramps. I'd say the random twitches etc are from over-doing it with the garys and/or other substances.

I get twitches all the time after rolling.
But I'd say it's probably because I dance for pretty much the whole night.

Magnesium supplements can help with that. Its cheap and you can get it anywhere that sells nutritional supplements like a grocery store, pharmacy, etc.

I have had mild twitches for a little while after rolling. Its nothing I'm ever concerned about, unless I'm trying to hide my use from someone. I consider it a bit of a tell in regards to recent use.

Ah.. I have been trying to work it out. I run fairly regularly and when I started using again last year I started to get terrible calf cramps / twitching. I wonder...

I'll give the mag supplements a go.

I have had horiblble spasms, almost like convulsions, at night, after iving mdma. I will get lighter ones from oral mdma. the iv ones scared the shit outa me tho. Last time ill do that

When I was doing pills more often I would get the occasional twitch or spasm.

When falling asleep was the worst, I would get a giant spasm just as I was dozing off to go to sleep, where I would sort of become awake during a dream like state and suddenly get confused by my surroundings. I would then drift off to sleep and have no more problems.

This would happen without fail, just about every time I did pills, on the second night or so after dropping.

when i sleep after i roll, i normally spasm and moan lol iono why but i never get after effects or anything

Wakarimasen said:
^And with gurning too, non?

Most definitely take the supplement while under the influence. I can personally attest that magnesium has saved my mouth on more than one occasion.

i get this after taking too many nytol 1 a day sleeping pills start randomly kicking my girlfriend in bed:)

Hi, I'm freaking out about something

I'm getting these twitches too, i get that "wake up in a dream" thing a bit, i got it so bad to the point it kept me awake over new years (12 pills in 3 days). I get twitches throughout the day and i notice it alot more at night. I have never had this problem prior to popping my cherry with pills. I'm a weed smoker so naturally I'm freaking the fuck out because these symptoms are similar to that of multiple sclerosis.

Ease my mind pleaaaase

Hey Cambong

That "wake up from a dream" thing is freaky indeed. I had those when I popped every weekend for 3 weeks in a row. Mind you I only drop 1 tab each time. Though that was when I had a little coke too.
And some weed.

I also had that when I dropped a crazy pipe pill. While trying to sleep, I had maybe 4-6 of those "wake-up-from-dream" twitches. Crazy, and i wasn't really up dancing all night.

I haven't dropped any legit tabs in a while (dropped YET ANOTHER bunk pill a week ago) and i am better. So you will get better too.
I miss mdma. Damn you shitty pills!

Last edited:
muscles in my legs have spasms the next day after a big night.
has anyone else here had that thing were this weird pressure sorta builds up in your head n then feels like your brain pops. like this zap of static. its weird. an feels really fucked up.