• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Songs that AINT about drugs, that you think secretly ARE about drugs

Neil Young & America - A Horse With No Name said:
Ive been through the desert on a horse with no name; it felt good to get out of the rain. In the desert - you can't remember your name, because there ain't no one for to give you no blame

La laaaaa laaaaauhhh luhhhh la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaa luhhhhh

Almost certain the song is describing a mescaline trip (peyote).

A perfect circle - The thirteenth step album... That whole album reeks of evil dr00gz.

Puscifer - Potions...

Katy Perry's chart topping song "Dark Horse" seems to describe heroin in a pretty accurate way.

Here are a few of the lyrics, now listen to that song again and tell me im crazy?
Horse is slang for heroin, she describes her love as feeling like a bird without a cage (floaty feeling)
Do you wanna play wwith magic? Boy do you know what youre falling for, baby are you ready to do this, im coming at you like a dark horse.
Are you ready for a perfect storm?
Cuz Once you're mine, theres no goin back!

And in the juicy j remix he elaborates by describing withdrawals, id like other peoples feed back, because people say i am nuts for even thinking this.l

Staind - Epiphany... Always felt like my mind when I was a hardcore heroin addict.. I'll add more later

Pusifer Rev 22 20

Don't be aroused by my confession
Unless you don't give a good goddamn about redemption
I know Christ is comin', and so am I
And you would too if this sexy devil caught your eye
She'll suck you dry
And still you'll cry, to be back in her bosom
To do it again
She'll make you weep
And moan and cry, to be back in her bosom
To do it again
'Til I go blind
(Pray) 'Cause nobody ever survives
Prayin' to stay in your arms just until I can die a little longer
Saviors and saints, devils and heathens alike
She'll eat you alive
Jesus is risen, it's no surprise
Even he would martyr his mama to ride to hell between those thighs
The pressure is building at the base of my spine
If I gotta sin to see her again then I'm gonna lie, lie, lie
She'll make you cry
I'll sell my soul to be back in your bosom
Gladly now please suck me dry
And still you'll cry, to be back in her bosom
To do it again
'Til I go blind
(Pray) 'Cause nobody ever survives
Prayin' to stay in her arms just until I can die a little longer
She'll eat you alive
My pulse has been rising
My temples are pounding
The pressure is so overwhelming and building
So steady there, Freddy
I'm ready to blow
What is she, what is she, what is she waiting for?
'til I go blind
(Pray) 'cause no one ever survives
(Pray) Prayin' to stay in her arms just to die a little longer
She'll eat you alive

Maynards “other” band

one time I was listening to this song while drinking kratom and heard these lyrics:

"it’s only tea leaves stop being dramatic"

I'm like wtf, is this song talking to me?

"its not like I was doing anything" by the cats miaow. The entire song is about dropping anything you're doing and everyone know for someone/something. No matter how draining, no matter how horrible, no matter how humiliating.
Sounds just like my relationship with dope.

"Michelle" by sir Chloe. The whole song reminds me of the seductive, almost sexual draw of ice. Michelle is also another less common name for meth (like Tina).
That whole album also has heavy PNP, substance abuse, and meth references, whether or not theyre subtle or direct. Like there's no way Sedona isn't about ice, even if it's SUPPOSED to be about a toxic relationship

Every single track by Spacemen 3, Spiritualized, Spectrum and related projects.

Because when Jason Spaceman sang 'even freer than DMT' it was NOT about the drug as he angrily stated in every interview for over 25 years.

I mean, they are all on the Medicated record label, provided 'prescription insert leaflets' with every single release and all had raging drug addictions throughout their entire careers. But Jason says 'no', it was just a ploy.

Spacemen 3 have an album called "taking drugs to make music to take drugs to" lol.

KIm Gordon from Sonic Youth claims Sonic Youth always got along because they are drug free, but then in other interviews or footage she is either smoking weed or talking about using it... maybe she's just one of those weed's not a drug type. i just can't see how most bands or musicians don't experiment... i think a lot of bands are gonna say songs aren't about drugs when they are because they don't want to ostracize their non drug using fans or influence those types of people to start using. so the songs just get left a mystery.

I always thought the song "air" by talking heads was about a drug experience where the person telling the story forgot they were on drugs or maybe that the person is having such intense psychological drug like experiences just from breathing like meditation.

i always thought the song "Vibracobra" by polvo was about a near death experience or tripping
"All curled up inside a basket
I don't know
Should I ask if I can watch it go backwards
And see it shine"

they also have a song i've posted about thinking was about drugs "i want to put you in a light that will hurt your eyes. i want to cover you in flowers of forgiveness" i always thought that was about giving people psychedelics.

Spacemen 3 have an album called "taking drugs to make music to take drugs to" lol.

Yah - but Jason Spaceman said the title was just a joke...

Funny how he, an apparently healthy young man developed double pneumonia. It's a BIG killer among opioid users because the cough reflex is suppressed. But he vacillates between admission and deflection.

“Pass the love around” Krewella. The song is obviously about MDMA even though it’s not explicitly mentioned

1 when we leave the house
2 A.M. we're feeling it now
3, we pass the love around
We don't wanna come down, wanna come down
4 when we self destruct
5 A.M. we can't get enough
6 the sun is coming up
We don't wanna come down, wanna come down
The chains are gone
No one's stopping us from living out loud
From dusk till dawn
We lose ourselves in the arms of this crowd