• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Something is wrong after injecting ice!

Lizalane23

Greenlighter
Relapsed a little over a year ago After being clean for eight years. Daily IV meth user. Never do anything more than a small 10 shot. Eat and sleep daily. Did a tiny shot of the same stuff I did today last night and it was good. Got off work went home and did a small shot, and instantly thought it was strange as soon as I was done injecting it that I didn’t feel the shot whatsoever? But I didn’t miss either? Next thing I know my chest turns bright red, my heart starts palpitating and pounding hard. Blood pressure was about 133/90 with a heart rate of 115 at first. Partially because of panic I’m sure. But I had this terrible painful burning sensation in the middle of my chest that had gotten progressively worse over 20 minutes and my nipples hurt oddly? No trouble breathing really, maybe just the slightest discomfort like burning sensation. I was very dizzy at first, still kind of am. Also an odd sensation in my mouth around my gums strangely from the pressure I’m assuming. Almost kind of a numbing sensation in my facial cavity area accompanied with the tiny bit of a headache. It’s now subsiding a bit. It feels like I have allot of pressure in my sinus cavity and head.

In years of using I’ve never had anything like that happen. Something was definitely wrong, or still might be. Any thoughts of what could’ve taken place? I thought maybe I accidentally hit an artery potentially. However, I read online that if that happens it’s painful and blood will go everywhere. My arm didn’t hurt at all, the plunger went in easily, and I hardly bled. but like I said I didn’t get a shot at all. Not even a tiny bit. Just instantly pretty severe physical symptoms they were highly unpleasant. Any suggestions or advice would be incredibly appreciated. I’m trying to avoid you’re as much as possible on account of the way they treat me there. God bless

Did you go into a spot that has suffered too much use recently, or was it a fresh injection site? Did you preclean w/ an alcohol pad or anything?

In years of using I’ve never had anything like that happen.
Never had these symptoms in the days of shooting anything 'cept maybe when I tried IV-ing some epinephrine stolen from a local hospital as a kid... not my proudest moment and really thought I would f-ing die.
Someone with a modern perspective may have something to offer but I would like to welcome you to Bluelight.
In the meantime... would you mind sharing how you heard of BL? Hope you do not have to suffer this abomination again... sounds like it sucks. No telling what the hell is mixed in our drugs these days. I see deficiT has chimed in and looks to be a valid question.
Watching to maybe glean a little insight as to what the fuck may be going on here.
Take care and hope to see you around a bit.
Peace,
Ptah

Last edited:
Did you go into a spot that has suffered too much use recently, or was it a fresh injection site? Did you preclean w/ an alcohol pad or anything?
Yes, as a matter of fact I did use a spot that has been overused. My best meme that is, because I hit it without having to retry every single time. It’s kind of swollen and inflamed. I used it this morning early with just a tiny shot and it worked beautifully. Then when I got home from work and did a tiny bit more that’s when things went horribly south. I think that I might have a case of phlebitis? Inflammation of the veins. It’s a little bit better than it was, but not great. My doctor told me that I had it, but then didn’t even tell me what to do about it or prescribe me anything for it. I’ve laid off from using big time the past two weeks. Have only been doing enough to try and keep me going till I can quit all the way. I noticed that I have all these tiny little round lumps for lack of a better word that pop up out of my hands whenever my veins are buldged from tying off. And the blonde just kind of trickles into the syringe as opposed to what it used to do when it was completely feel it when my veins were healthy. I only have three names that I can use. And I’ve used them all pretty much every day if not every other day for the past year. I don’t know where else I can do it that’s safe and easily acceptable :( I have one vein on my right arm starts on the top of my wrist and wraps down into the back of my arm that’s a really good one, but it’s a little bit deeper and man it hurts like heck to pierce the skin right there and it bruises terribly. I can’t seem to get any of the other ones. Oh and I always always use alcohol to sanitize the injection site prior, and I absolutely always use a brand new syringe. No matter what. The only thing I could think I was it maybe I had an artery on accident. I don’t know. I just thought it was so weird how my chest was burning so bad. I’m feeling almost 100% better now except for my stomach is a little bit woozy and my head kind of hurts. So weird. In seven years of doing this that has never happened to me before. So I know something was up

Never had these symptoms in the days of shooting anything 'cept maybe when I tried IV-ing some epinephrine stolen from a local hospital as a kid... not my proudest moment and really thought I would f-ing die.
Someone with a modern perspective may have something to offer but I would like to welcome you to Bluelight.
In the meantime... would you mind sharing how you heard of BL? Hope you do not have to suffer this abomination again... sounds like it sucks. No telling what the hell is mixed in our drugs these days. I see deficiT has chimed in and looks to be a valid question.
Watching to maybe glean a little insight as to what the fuck may be going on here.
Take cars and hope to see you around a bit.
Peace,
Ptah
Hey thanks!! I heard about blue light from word-of-mouth :) friend of mine so that I could find support on here for both currently using as well as when I am going to try and quit soon tentatively. Also because it’s damn near impossible to ever get medical help when it comes to questions regarding such things as this. People just treat you like garbage, Won’t help you or give you any sort of input or advice on the matter, just tell you not to do it. Like I didn’t already know that. Thanks for the warm welcome though! I appreciate it.

OK bit of an update on that. I didn’t realize it until now, but right where I did the injection I do have a very tiny painful bump inside of the vein. I just noticed it when I move my arm a certain way. You couldn’t tell by looking at it, but then when I touched it I felt it and it hurt. It’s Just a very tiny little hard lump right where the vein pops out. I don’t have anything to do with what happened to me?

Yes, as a matter of fact I did use a spot that has been overused. My best meme that is, because I hit it without having to retry every single time. It’s kind of swollen and inflamed. I used it this morning early with just a tiny shot and it worked beautifully. Then when I got home from work and did a tiny bit more that’s when things went horribly south. I think that I might have a case of phlebitis? Inflammation of the veins. It’s a little bit better than it was, but not great. My doctor told me that I had it, but then didn’t even tell me what to do about it or prescribe me anything for it. I’ve laid off from using big time the past two weeks. Have only been doing enough to try and keep me going till I can quit all the way. I noticed that I have all these tiny little round lumps for lack of a better word that pop up out of my hands whenever my veins are buldged from tying off. And the blonde just kind of trickles into the syringe as opposed to what it used to do when it was completely feel it when my veins were healthy. I only have three names that I can use. And I’ve used them all pretty much every day if not every other day for the past year. I don’t know where else I can do it that’s safe and easily acceptable :( I have one vein on my right arm starts on the top of my wrist and wraps down into the back of my arm that’s a really good one, but it’s a little bit deeper and man it hurts like heck to pierce the skin right there and it bruises terribly. I can’t seem to get any of the other ones. Oh and I always always use alcohol to sanitize the injection site prior, and I absolutely always use a brand new syringe. No matter what. The only thing I could think I was it maybe I had an artery on accident. I don’t know. I just thought it was so weird how my chest was burning so bad. I’m feeling almost 100% better now except for my stomach is a little bit woozy and my head kind of hurts. So weird. In seven years of doing this that has never happened to me before. So I know something was up

Last time I had a bad miss w/ ice, I was pretty freaked out and went to my physicians, he did give me antibiotics for it and I felt better. At the time I only did it once but I wasn't clean about it, def had an infection of sorts.

I believe I've had something similar happen when a spot gets overused a little too much, it just doesn't carry anything quite as well, so maybe some could've slipped out and was absorbed through the skin instead of the vein. Not necessarily a "miss", but not a direct hit either. That would be my guess but it's not possible to tell over the computer.

IF I were you I would def consider switching ROA's for a bit until you're healed up if possible. If your doc said it was phlebitis, or you are particularly worried about it, i would just be honest with him. Apparently an aspirin or other anti inflammatory will help lessen the pain of phlebitis, but again I am def not a medical professional.

Typically if I miss I run some warm water over my arm to dilate the veins, and later use cold to bring the swelling down.

OK bit of an update on that. I didn’t realize it until now, but right where I did the injection I do have a very tiny painful bump inside of the vein. I just noticed it when I move my arm a certain way. You couldn’t tell by looking at it, but then when I touched it I felt it and it hurt. It’s Just a very tiny little hard lump right where the vein pops out. I don’t have anything to do with what happened to me?
As a matter of fact there are several little hard lumps it feels like when I press down on that lead move my finger back-and-forth on it. That can’t be good. I don’t think. What is it and what the heck do I do? I have a compression sleeve I can wear. I took an aspirin already. Not sure what the deal is But it has me kind of freaked out and I want to see. I’m an extremely careful person when it comes to this stuff, because I know how dangerous it can be.

Keep some pressure on the wound/bump, and use a warm compress, and later some cold to bring down the swelling. It could be nothing but I wouldn't rule out getting it looked at if I were you.

Last time I had a bad miss w/ ice, I was pretty freaked out and went to my physicians, he did give me antibiotics for it and I felt better. At the time I only did it once but I wasn't clean about it, def had an infection of sorts.

I believe I've had something similar happen when a spot gets overused a little too much, it just doesn't carry anything quite as well, so maybe some could've slipped out and was absorbed through the skin instead of the vein. Not necessarily a "miss", but not a direct hit either. That would be my guess but it's not possible to tell over the computer.

IF I were you I would def consider switching ROA's for a bit until you're healed up if possible. If your doc said it was phlebitis, or you are particularly worried about it, i would just be honest with him. Apparently an aspirin or other anti inflammatory will help lessen the pain of phlebitis, but again I am def not a medical professional.

Typically if I miss I run some warm water over my arm to dilate the veins, and later use cold to bring the swelling down.
Thank you so much for responding! You really have no idea what that means to me. I’m not kidding it is impossible for me to get input or compassionate advice from anyone regarding this. I’m trying to quit. I really am. I’m doing 10 times better than I was. But damn yeah my arm hurts really bad right there at that injection site all of a sudden. It didn’t until just now an hour later. It’s not swollen or anything. But it’s very painful like a sharp piercing pain in that vein where I injected. It concerns me that I feel a bunch of tiny hard little lumps in it. I can’t imagine why it would make my chest burn so horribly and my head hurts so bad though? Perhaps it interrupted the blood flow? I took an aspirin already. That was the first thing I did was I chewed up one and a half aspirin. That’s how bad it was I thought maybe I was having a heart attack. Thankfully that wasn’t the case. By ROA’s Are you suggesting doing it a different way? Or just rotating spots? Two spots that I haven’t used yet I mean.

As a matter of fact there are several little hard lumps it feels like when I press down on that lead move my finger back-and-forth on it. That can’t be good. I don’t think. What is it and what the heck do I do? I have a compression sleeve I can wear. I took an aspirin already. Not sure what the deal is But it has me kind of freaked out and I want to see. I’m an extremely careful person when it comes to this stuff, because I know how dangerous it can be.

It could just be your skin flushing or it could be something more serious like cellulitis or any number of things. I am just not super sure, maybe someone else will have a better analysis. You'll be ok, but if you start to feel worse or the spots get worse, try and go to urgent care. They'll just give you some antibiotics likely if it is just a minor infection, nothing to fear. Take care of it early before it gets worse ya know, you'll be alright.

I would suggest just snorting or smoking, as you are likely twitchy right now and could have difficulty registering, which will only further complicate things. No problem, glad to help any way I can. But I def think the urgent care should be an option if possible. Better option than the ER likely and discreet.

The tiny hard little lumps are typical for injection sites.

It was used without issue the night before, but then upon second dose adverse reaction in chest and head.

If there was no swelling at the capillaries in the extremity injected into, it wasn’t an accidental arterial injection. You would also certainly not have blood spraying everywhere if you inject into a peripheral artery unless you really were being careless or on blood thinners or have issues coagulating. You’d just feel the lava burn, the swelling and potentially much worse depending upon how well the body can filter it from the clogged capillaries, but if it isn’t an anesthetic (cocaine), you would almost certainly be unable to continue injecting for more than a few milliseconds from the extreme pain that will immediately follow.

I’ve heard other meth users who inject share similar stories to this one, so I’m not sure if it’s an adverse reaction to something in the solution that is intermittent or if it’s psychological, or maybe a combination of both.

What I personally believe is happening when I hear similar situations to this, is that there is temporary ischemia to the coronary artery which manifests as angina (chest pain), which could immediately result in the lips feeling cold or numb as blood oxygen saturation levels would probably heavily dip momentarily combined with the sudden onset of the meth itself. It’s likely the body is able to compensate pretty rapidly, but with the onset of meth it creates excess stress and so the perception of this is heavily intensified as it can be quite scary to experience even for a few seconds without meth on board.

The tiny hard little lumps are typical for injection sites.

It was used without issue the night before, but then upon second dose adverse reaction in chest and head.

If there was no swelling at the capillaries in the extremity injected into, it wasn’t an accidental arterial injection. You would also certainly not have blood spraying everywhere if you inject into a peripheral artery unless you really were being careless or on blood thinners or have issues coagulating. You’d just feel the lava burn, the swelling and potentially much worse depending upon how well the body can filter it from the clogged capillaries, but if it isn’t an anesthetic (cocaine), you would almost certainly be unable to continue injecting for more than a few milliseconds from the extreme pain that will immediately follow.

I’ve heard other meth users who inject share similar stories to this one, so I’m not sure if it’s an adverse reaction to something in the solution that is intermittent or if it’s psychological, or maybe a combination of both.

What I personally believe is happening when I hear similar situations to this, is that there is temporary ischemia to the coronary artery which manifests as angina (chest pain), which could immediately result in the lips feeling cold or numb as blood oxygen saturation levels would probably heavily dip momentarily combined with the sudden onset of the meth itself. It’s likely the body is able to compensate pretty rapidly, but with the onset of meth it creates excess stress and so the perception of this is heavily intensified as it can be quite scary to experience even for a few seconds without meth on board.

This sounds like a pretty solid analysis. Meth definitely is just caustic as fuck and does funny shit to your skin in addition.

Vasoconstrictor to anything it touches. Even if in the vein, frequent close proximity perforations( and expand contract wear and tear on vein walls, combined with increased pressure due to reduced inner diameter from meth properties, scar tissue/ not rotating all can result in leakage of shot to tissue. body walls it off and starts its anti infection attack sequence.
stick to moist heat unless area will be under public scrutiny, as it keeps muscle tissue strands loose, flexible and porous, aiding in absorption. Ice does the opposite. With meth, rotation break at LEAST a week. Smallest needle youre comfy with, and I'm gonna catch shit here, but if you do a day, same hole. rotate. Your'e fuckin them up anyway. less holes the better. move downstream, and your shrunken vein good chance roll,or straight thru. upstream won't flash because pressure is there, but blood at the constriction is denser because cells experiencing atmospheric pressure increase. take mental note of arm position, angle depth of morning inject for reference at second. I pull tiny bit water just before. dont tip rigor shake, if your quick , paid attention that morning and copied,even if no flash, ease alittle and feel. Your not novice, so if feels right, proceed. The burn will let you know.
Dammit, all this talk about it, was gonna sleep 4 hrs till work but...

Vasoconstrictor to anything it touches. Even if in the vein, frequent close proximity perforations( and expand contract wear and tear on vein walls, combined with increased pressure due to reduced inner diameter from meth properties, scar tissue/ not rotating all can result in leakage of shot to tissue. body walls it off and starts its anti infection attack sequence.
stick to moist heat unless area will be under public scrutiny, as it keeps muscle tissue strands loose, flexible and porous, aiding in absorption. Ice does the opposite. With meth, rotation break at LEAST a week. Smallest needle youre comfy with, and I'm gonna catch shit here, but if you do a day, same hole. rotate. Your'e fuckin them up anyway. less holes the better. move downstream, and your shrunken vein good chance roll,or straight thru. upstream won't flash because pressure is there, but blood at the constriction is denser because cells experiencing atmospheric pressure increase. take mental note of arm position, angle depth of morning inject for reference at second. I pull tiny bit water just before. dont tip rigor shake, if your quick , paid attention that morning and copied,even if no flash, ease alittle and feel. Your not novice, so if feels right, proceed. The burn will let you know.
Dammit, all this talk about it, was gonna sleep 4 hrs till work but...
2 or 3 ? what say youDEF?

I heard about blue light from word-of-mouth
Nice. IMO, word-of-mouth is the best way to get attention or "sale" if one will. No-one is making any money here as far as I know so I use te word "sale" as a more apropos word is elusive to me at the moment.
Reading through the replies to this post has me thinking that maybe giving that injection site a break would be considerably more effective and safer than anything else at this point. Also remember to keep hydrated to the best of your ability; this alone may help the body keep flushed or clean as it affords the system the ability to move toxins or other "road-blocks" from the body.
I see that tapering the use of meth has already been employed... which is a great sign, in my opinion. At least one has an idea of how hard this substance is on ones body. It is also hard on the mind and the mind can definitely be our worst "enemy" when it comes to our health, in my experiences.
Glad you are feeling better and hoping this will lead one to a healthier lifestyle and/or decisions.
How are things today?
Best always,
Ptah