• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Something I am quite ignorant about: plugging... - I would like some education please

Mananas

Bluelighter
So,

Where I live plugging is like totally not done, nobody does it, and if they do - very few to almost none.

So I never knew and still don't know much about it.

I did try it myself for the first time, with Coke and a syringe, the Coke dissolved in water, and it worked amazingly great!

Yet, it's not something I wan't to keep doing, I just wanted to try it, but it's effects are heavy and kicking in heavy as well!

Who here did try it or is a constant plugger and what substances have you plugged, also: what are the dangerous aspects of plugging versus the benefits.

Grtz.

As long as you are not using very acidic (asprin and this is just an example of an acidic drug) or very basic drugs (methamphetamine, amphetamine), they should not hurt your anal canal too bad after long term use.

Benefits is that it kicks in about as fast as IM, but is less dangerous.

I've plugged close to everything. The one thing that only really got me into problem with intense pain was when I shoved up 50 ml of 95 % ethanol.

Not my smartest idea.

I've plugged close to everything. The one thing that only really got me into problem with intense pain was when I shoved up 50 ml of 95 % ethanol.

Not my smartest idea.
Haha, that would hurt like hell 8o
It also bypasses a lot of vital organs, no? That's a pro too, no?
1) It does (except the heart and brain and liver, eventually)

2) Yes and no. When you overdose orally, your body has things that it does to protect you. Drink too much, you throw up. If you plug or inject alcohol, there is no way to get rid of the rest of the alcohol. Plugging is much better though for drugs that have a low oral BA, like morphine or hydromorphone. Also, plugging keeps part of the drug being broken down immediately before it gets into the bloodstream.

I never heard of plugging until I joined BL. I didn't realize the bioavailability of Hydromorph Contin was so low orally and like 80 or 85% plugging. So I tried it. I find it is definitely stronger plugging it. It is important to get past the second sphincter before depressing the plunger. I like that I can feel the buzz come on like a wave. I've never experienced the "warm blanket" sensation from opiates before but plugging my Hydromorphs I definitely felt that sensation.

I've never plugged coke as I always cook mine and smoking crack or IVing cocaine have a 100% bioavailability as opposed to plugging at 85%.

I had been considering IVing but was loathe to start again. I am quite satisfied with the results I experienced and the HR factor.
Hope this helps. ?

༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ plugged my subutex a few times, was real intense. went cross-eyed and drooled on myself.
had mephedrone, cocaine, heroin, methadone, and morphine all up my butt too. i don't count myself as a plug-pro tho.

I have some oral liquid morphine, anyone know if it's safe to plug it to get a better rush?

I appreciate that you need information regarding rectal administration (plugging). I am a major proponent of this route of administration due to how it fits in with our philosophy of harm reduction. All drugs are different, but in general, the rectal ROA provides a more potent hit and a faster onset than say, oral administration. I agree with "dudes" statement that it's comparable to an intramuscular injection.

I'm a proponent of the ROA because it is a feasible alternative to injection by whatever route. Pretty much, one can get a relatively fast onset and an increased bioavailability without the need to inject anything. This is textbook harm reduction, so I'm always trying to get people to start. I was a former injection user and now I use the rectal route for just about any drug. It's not as good as an IV shot. I'm not going to lie to you, but it's definitely a close second to injection.

Again, depending on the drug, you can expect an onset of effect within 5-10 minutes. With most drugs, the rectal bioavailability is significantly higher than the oral route, but what you really need to do is learn more about the BA's of the drugs you intend to use. Some drugs are not viable by the rectal route and some actually have a lower bioavailability.

How much do u use to booty bump for the first time my tolerance is unbelievable I do way too much I just love the party how much tweek do I need to do to have a good ass time with my tolerance is high as it is I smoked snoring and hot rail never booty bump or IV will never shoot anything in my veins

Yodis, you must work on your researching skills my son:

Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were intravenous, 98%; intrarectal, 54%; intrahepatoportal, 49%; sublingual, 13%; and intraduodenal, 9.7%.

That is the banner that pops up as the very first item when you Google Buprenorphine Bioavailability. I am not trying to be a dick. I want for you to be the master of your own destiny. Save Bluelight for the questions that are, at least currently, out of your league and we'll be here to help you, but in the future, give Google a quick click-around before posting.

Not only will you be responsible for your own knowledge as opposed to waiting minutes, hours or days for one of us to chime in.

I have plugged liquid morphine before. I prefer to IM it, but I got a flavored liquid morphine.
And I was told not to IV. I figured with the added flavor probaly the same with IM. wondering if it is safe too plug.

aha keif my friend you truly are the plug master =D

I have plugged liquid morphine before. I prefer to IM it, but I got a flavored liquid morphine.
And I was told not to IV. I figured with the added flavor probaly the same with IM. wondering if it is safe too plug.

IVing oral syrups is dangerous due to their consistency, they're not designed to be squeezed into veins, whereas the butt, well... ;)
and the flavouring shouldn't have any adverse effects, i;d say its safe to plug.

aha keif my friend you truly are the plug master =D

IVing oral syrups is dangerous due to their consistency, they're not designed to be squeezed into veins, whereas the butt, well... ;)
and the flavouring shouldn't have any adverse effects, i;d say its safe to plug.

That's "undisputed plug-master" to you peons. ;) Heavy lays the crown of the plug-master, as they say.

༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ m'lord, your worship, aeropagitica etc etc
i wonder who shall be elected as the groom of the stool?
having one of those could be quite helpful for the ol' plugging ahaahah ;)