• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Someone's IV LSD trip report (10 hits blotter)

BULLSHIT.
Ever heard of thumbprints?

Question is how much you can trust the word of some guy on the internet who claims he's taken a thumbprint in the first place. Presumably part of saying you've done a thumbprint is saying how special it is. That's part of the deal - say you've done a thumprint and then make up some crazy story. "I was running down the street with an elephant chasing me in a patrol car".

I must admit I don't find 4 blotters is 4 times as powerful as 1 blotter. Particularly when you get a bit of tolerance - taking a few more blotters than normal isn't going to cause that much havoc.

But I do agree that once you've told someone they've taken a massive dose it's going to affect the trip because some people are prone to panic and hysteria when tripping.

That's why I said "maybe". That was the maximum dose I had read about from the days when acid was very popular (Timothy Leary era). If more than that was significantly better then why no stories about it from that period? Why did Leary not recommend 10,000 mcg doses? And in those days it was still legal.

Thanks for a reasoned reply. It's because high dose trips aren't necessarily better. If Leary had been advocating milligram trips for everyone, there would have been far more issues associated with overindulgence than there already were. For most people, 200-600 is a sweet spot, and going any higher becomes a serious detriment to their enjoyment. Some people however enjoy that exploration, and they would be in agreement that there isn't a set ceiling, and the whole experience (including intensity of the trip), is highly set and setting dependent, but that it gets exponentially weirder when you go out there.

Not so fast Felonious. I agree with Jason but he missed out the part that the users imagination plays. Tim Leary said that he could give people doses of 1000mics and as long as he told them it was 250 they never noticed the difference.

I think imagination and hysteria contributes to a "high dose" trip. So if you take 1000mics and you KNOW you're taking 1000mics then it's possible to delude yourself into thinking "Dude, I'm going to trip ten times harder than the orange juice guy".

I'm not convinced it would be anywhere near that high. You only have so many brain receptors - god knows how many brain receptors you'd need that 1.5mg of LSD wouldn't occupy them all. I'd be much more inclined to believe the 1000mics sort of range. Obviously this would be without the persons knowledge tho - if someone knows they've taken an astronomical dose then their imagination will play all kinds of tricks on them.

I see what you mean, but I just can't agree, based on personal experience. I've had many trips in the sub-1mg range, a few in the 1-1.5mg range, and one that pushed just passed 3mg. I can say with confidence that all 3 are different classes of trip. That definitely had a lot to do with what was going on with me at the time, but the dose had a lot to do with it, because I dosed in close chronological proximity (more than a week but close in terms of my chronic depression, etc.) but at differing doses. Like 1mg in September than 3 in October. It's not true for everyone, and many people would have had a bad time with those doses, but they saved my life.

Maybe megadoses are noticeably different from 500-1000 mg, I don't know from experience. I haven't read any reports of the effects being particularly different though. Where are the posts saying it was noticeably different at a certain high dose level? I don't think it's even possible to get as high as a moderate dose of DMT from even 10 mg of LSD. They just work differently for whatever reason. Maybe someone will prove me wrong but I have to see the trip reports to believe it.

Thanks for a reasoned reply. It's because high dose trips aren't necessarily better. If Leary had been advocating milligram trips for everyone, there would have been far more issues associated with overindulgence than there already were. For most people, 200-600 is a sweet spot, and going any higher becomes a serious detriment to their enjoyment. Some people however enjoy that exploration, and they would be in agreement that there isn't a set ceiling, and the whole experience (including intensity of the trip), is highly set and setting dependent, but that it gets exponentially weirder when you go out there.

I see what you mean, but I just can't agree, based on personal experience. I've had many trips in the sub-1mg range, a few in the 1-1.5mg range, and one that pushed just passed 3mg. I can say with confidence that all 3 are different classes of trip. That definitely had a lot to do with what was going on with me at the time, but the dose had a lot to do with it, because I dosed in close chronological proximity (more than a week but close in terms of my chronic depression, etc.) but at differing doses. Like 1mg in September than 3 in October. It's not true for everyone, and many people would have had a bad time with those doses, but they saved my life.

I agree and I think its quite obvious you are right here...I'm sure many people can't tell the difference between 250 and 1000 micrograms, but I highly reason that I could almost anytime...the way I explain it is, you can trip JUST as hard on a "moderate" dose as a "high dose" because its such a subjective "trip", but with a high dose you are more likely to trip harder and majority of the time. When you are on a high enough psychedelic dose, you have moments of "ego loss/death", "fractalling" out to infinity, "oneness", getting stuck in a "philosophical loop" and those moments happen longer and more often on higher doses for me, even if I'm sitting there meditating, letting go, surrendering to the void.

But again, I'm sure most people don't know much at all about psychedelics. I'm not claiming to be a genius or messiah or something, but I have a decent education when it comes to both the science behind tripping and the "spiritual" concepts along with being highly familiar with just about all of Leary's work (and I'm always learning more about the brain, psychology, quantum physics, etc). Like I honestly don't give a shit about silly visuals, its the spiritual and philosophical/creative aspects I love.

Jason according to Leary doses above 1000 micrograms activate some circuit 8 information (which is the circuit moderate DMT activates).

According to Stanlislass Groff, the ceiling dose is about 600-1000µg (don't remember exactly) and he use pharmaceutical grade LSD. First, you have no way to know the quantity of your hits bought on the street, and second, a lot of people who report to take enormous doses of LSD didn't waited a minimum of one week for the tolerance to decrease. Anyways, it's "better" to do dicksizing with a drug you can't really od with...

because I dosed in close chronological proximity (more than a week but close in terms of my chronic depression, etc.) but at differing doses

There are no benefits, really...as he says, just an experiment. Hes not worried about ending up in the psych ward, hes an expert and doesnt know what a bad trip even feels like (well, actually, 60x salvia gave him one, it was horror, he forgot he smoked the stuff and thought the world was spiraling towards the sun and that everyone in the world was about to die). But hes sure he'll be fine tonight, no worries! :D

LOL famous last words

Haha, didn't catch that but some true true words there!

Actually some famous last ones by a friend who got a new batch of LSD, I told him to test out beforehand because in that era our LSD was coming in anywhere from 50ugs-350, per hit. He was a cocky mother fucker and I told him to wise up before mother LSD slapped him in the face hard. Well hours later he's nude rambling about this, that, and so on!

I hate these threads, but they are the only ones that actually make me want to post anything.

Those that believe in this mythical ceiling dose of LSD being something like 800-1200 mics. . .

Bullshit. Go eat 1 mg of LSD, then go eat 5 mg. Then have an opinion. I hate all this armchair LSD commenting.

Ok, ok, back to obscurity.

I've gotten "dmt like effects" from acid before, though only with CEVs, not OEVs, and it didn't last that long but it was absolutely similar to me, like a familiar friend (this event was a few months after a DMT trip)

Jason according to Leary doses above 1000 micrograms activate some circuit 8 information (which is the circuit moderate DMT activates).
I just googled what that was, and apparently it's a theory by Leary himself. so you use something the guy made up himself to back up his opinion. very convincing

I just googled what that was, and apparently it's a theory by Leary himself. so you use something the guy made up himself to back up his opinion. very convincing
Well you know Leary...half delusional on many levels but still a genius none the less!

Well you know Leary...half delusional on many levels but still a genius none the less!
well I don't know about him really, never read stuff he wrote. I avoid getting information from people who are spreading "truth"

well I don't know about him really, never read stuff he wrote. I avoid getting information from people who are spreading "truth"
I never have either but he's easily the most recongnizable figure in the LSD movement so I know from there.

No Leary didn't come up with this, it's the Hindu Chakra system dude. Just reworded. It's in line with pretty much all psychological theories.

No Leary didn't come up with this, it's the Hindu Chakra system dude. Just reworded. It's in line with pretty much all psychological theories.

Lol no it's not. Unless you mean all pseudoscientific psychological theories.

Psychology has many subfields. In the case of psychedelic phenomena, I believe we are presented with the discussion of softer realms, yes.

Why do you think he was spreading "truth" if you've never read him? Surely you have to know at least something about a subject before forming an opinion.

Crashing....So glad I wasn't the only one who realized this.... Damnit man.