• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Someone's IV LSD trip report (10 hits blotter)

DroppedAllTheAcid

Greenlighter
So some anonymous drug user on the internet got a shitload of tabs last week and took 3 under the tongue, he said it was the real stuff but the trip wasn't strong for 3 hits (it was a decent trip but this dude likes to trip hard, hes known to take 10 strips of strong tabs when he has vacation time). He said in an hour hes about to IV 10 of the same stuff using distilled water as the medium. Hes lurked around this and other drug forums for years and has often found people wondering what its like to do this, but the trip reports are never that detailed and never seem to be a decent amount, so he figured hed give this a shot and let everyone know what happens. Stay tuned. %)

I have a friend who's brother injected an LSD solution. Needless to say it went very bad and he ended up in the psych ward at the hospital after being dragged to the hospital by the police. I just gotta ask, what benefit is there in iving a psychedelic?

Once you get beyond a certain dose of LSD, maybe 600 mcg, it really doesn't get any more intense. Everything over that is just a waste of acid. I guess it makes people feel hardcore or something but it's really pretty meaningless. Do you get 10 times as high from 10 hits than 1? No. There's only so high you can get from LSD. If it was NBOMe, you would probably die, but with LSD you just waste LSD.

Once you get beyond a certain dose of LSD, maybe 600 mcg, it really doesn't get any more intense. Everything over that is just a waste of acid. I guess it makes people feel hardcore or something but it's really pretty meaningless. Do you get 10 times as high from 10 hits than 1? No. There's only so high you can get from LSD. If it was NBOMe, you would probably die, but with LSD you just waste LSD.

I've done two large doses of LSD twice, both from the same batch. One time was 16 hits and the other was 35 hits. I found that subjectively they were both very similar, the visuals were a bit more intense with the 35 hits, but the extra 19 hits didn't get me 19 hits of acid worth higher than the time I did 16 hits. The cognitive impairment with the larger dose was also minimal. I was fully functional and didn't act much different then when I'm not on acid. Really the only effect the extra hits of LSD did was prolong the high by a day lol.

So you took 35 hits? That must have been a little costly. If in fact you could get 35 times as high then what exactly would that even be like? It's because LSD is only a weak partial agonist. Taking more of a partial agonist does not result in full agonism. Even with a full agonist like NBOMe, after you take so much you won't get higher, you'll just have a seizure and foam at the mouth and probably die. Interesting though that with LSD you never break through to OBE entityland, even with massive doses.

Last edited:
Once you get beyond a certain dose of LSD, maybe 600 mcg, it really doesn't get any more intense. Everything over that is just a waste of acid.

False. That's just not true. If so, why would people take thumbprints or taste the crystal? A thousand Deadheads know differently. Just read a high dose Erowid report...

I can say from personal experience it's not even close to true. It doesn't even get "intense" until 1000mcg, imho.

Jason just spouts shit from time to time. Yes it's known there's a "ceiling dose" for LSD but it's commonly rated at 1 to 1.5mgd. Also other psychedelics don't really have much of a ceiling. Try it with some phenethylamines, like say try taking 20 mgs of 2c-E then wait the apporiate amount of time then 150. I know someone who took 150mgs of 2c-P due to mislabeling. You can also try this with tryptamines. I also know from experience that LSDs ceiling is much more than 600ugs. TBH I really don't even know it it has a ceiling...

He did it 20 mins ago. He says the reason he did it is pure experimentation, as hes a fan of lsd and never had qualms about IV he decided to give it a try just so he could tell people what its like personally. Also, the blotters are fairly weak, he's not certain the 10 hits adds up to 600 micrograms, they could be only 50 each (possibly less, who knows). Anyways, so far its been exactly what he's heard - no rush/instant high, but pretty much after 5 minutes he started the "come up" whereas usually that takes a half hour or so. I'll keep you all posted

I have a friend who's brother injected an LSD solution. Needless to say it went very bad and he ended up in the psych ward at the hospital after being dragged to the hospital by the police. I just gotta ask, what benefit is there in iving a psychedelic?

There are no benefits, really...as he says, just an experiment. Hes not worried about ending up in the psych ward, hes an expert and doesnt know what a bad trip even feels like (well, actually, 60x salvia gave him one, it was horror, he forgot he smoked the stuff and thought the world was spiraling towards the sun and that everyone in the world was about to die). But hes sure he'll be fine tonight, no worries! :D

As to the ceiling dose, based on what I know about neurochemistry, with partial agonists, the effects don't increase linearly with dose. For example, if you want to get twice as high, you need to take 4x the dose, to get 10x as high, you'd need to take 100x the dose, etc. (again this is just an example, every drug is different). Anyways, Timothy Leary states that 8th circuit activity is activated with doses above 1000 micrograms...he's never done that much before, so he's considering dropping another 10 hits (under the tongue) because hed love to get there tonight. Also, he thinks he read somewhere that 10,000 micrograms is the ceiling, and that above that, you only get physical symptoms (worst case scenario, hypothermia). As much of an LSD fanatic as he is, he can't comprehend why someone would want to take a thumbprint, isn't that supposed to be like, a RIDICULOUS amount, like 100,000 micrograms?

False. That's just not true. If so, why would people take thumbprints or taste the crystal? A thousand Deadheads know differently. Just read a high dose Erowid report...

I can say from personal experience it's not even close to true. It doesn't even get "intense" until 1000mcg, imho.

That's why I said "maybe". That was the maximum dose I had read about from the days when acid was very popular (Timothy Leary era). If more than that was significantly better then why no stories about it from that period? Why did Leary not recommend 10,000 mcg doses? And in those days it was still legal.

So you took 35 hits, which probably cost you what, $5-10 each? If in fact you could get 35 times as high then what exactly would that even be like? It's because LSD is only a weak partial agonist. Taking more of a partial agonist does not result in full agonism. Even with a full agonist like NBOMe, after you take so much you won't get higher, you'll just have a seizure and foam at the mouth and probably die. Interesting though that with LSD you never break through to OBE entityland, even with massive doses.

50 hits I bought for really cheap and the 35 came outta that.

Last edited:
No point in IVing it at all really, comes on at the same speed and has nearly the same BA as oral.

So he's still peaking, quite enjoying his trip. Obviously he agrees there is no point in IVing, he won't be doing it that way again. Nothing else he can really say, he isn't able to articulate well right now but hes doing amazing.

No point in IVing it at all really, comes on at the same speed and has nearly the same BA as oral.
Actually no it isn't, I believe LSD has an oral bioavailability of around 60-80% for reference...

Not so fast Felonious. I agree with Jason but he missed out the part that the users imagination plays. Tim Leary said that he could give people doses of 1000mics and as long as he told them it was 250 they never noticed the difference.

I think imagination and hysteria contributes to a "high dose" trip. So if you take 1000mics and you KNOW you're taking 1000mics then it's possible to delude yourself into thinking "Dude, I'm going to trip ten times harder than the orange juice guy".

Yes it's known there's a "ceiling dose" for LSD but it's commonly rated at 1 to 1.5mgd.

I'm not convinced it would be anywhere near that high. You only have so many brain receptors - god knows how many brain receptors you'd need that 1.5mg of LSD wouldn't occupy them all. I'd be much more inclined to believe the 1000mics sort of range. Obviously this would be without the persons knowledge tho - if someone knows they've taken an astronomical dose then their imagination will play all kinds of tricks on them.

Once you get beyond a certain dose of LSD, maybe 600 mcg, it really doesn't get any more intense. Everything over that is just a waste of acid. I guess it makes people feel hardcore or something but it's really pretty meaningless.
BULLSHIT.
Ever heard of thumbprints?

Do you get 10 times as high from 10 hits than 1? No.
No, you probably get way higher than that.
The dose-response curve with psychedelics is exponential, not linear. It's not as simple as 1+1=2.