• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Some quantitative results

Thats correct and can lead to seratonin syndrome as I understand it. But just as importantly MDMA inhibits the body's ability to regulate it's temperature, often overheating the user. DXM inhibits sweating and when combined with MDMA can induce hyperthermia.

good info fry'd. So would you think that any pills would actually have dxm in them?

DXM pills were quite common in the USA a couple of years back when I was paying close attention to that stuff. From memory they weren't as common in Australia, but not totally unheard of. No idea about the frequency of them now though...

To answer the question about why it would be in pills at all, well, it's a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to get than real MDMA, and to a lot of dumbarses out there who don't know what real MDMA is supposed to feel like, it can be passable as an "active" pill because it induces at least some kind of effect. Dodgy fuckers...

Biscuit; I fully appreciate there were probably different batches of pink SS, especially since they seemed to be abundantly available all over Aus. Perhaps at Dr Beat's end of the world, a batch also had DXM in them.

I remember now why I thought the pink durex/SS we had may have contained something else + MDMA. It wasn't so much the effects during the roll, it was the rather persistant visual disturbances which lasted a week or more with some people. This was also reported elsewhere with these pills and I experienced it from just a small piece. It would be interesting to obtain lab results on these pills specific to each state. Then we'd be probably be questioning anomolies in terms of correct lab procedures etc. 8(

Is there any simple means by which we in other states can obtain this info?

Dr. Beat said:

And kooky77 : if you are talking about the cali-splits (small pill with only a split on 1 side) from about 2000 (or maybe late 99) then they 100 % had mdma/dxm in them, and maybe a little bit of speed as well. They used to give me the biggest maddest crazy rushes for a few hours, then I would start acting psycotic on them, especially when I drank alcohol and smoked dope on them. (I had to learn the hard way not to mix drugs)

Nope I'm talkin' about the same lookin' pills your describing, looked like the most well made sudafed. Hard and Professionally made.
But I'm talkin' back in 1994-95

Great thread biscut, I would be very interested to also find out results on Pink Coco Chenells and Blue Motarolla's in 2000. Agreed the green ? rocked as well as the original Red HQ's Will we ever see pills as good as those again.?

6.1.5 Diaphoresis (sweating)

Category: Frequent

Many DXM users note sweating both while on DXM and for several hours after coming down. Some have noted a peculiar odor to the sweat, which may be metabolites of DXM or may simply be a consequence of enhanced sense of smell. In any case, just drink lots of water and you should be fine.
Erowid

I guess one reason people might put DXM into pills is because the DXM ties up the liver enzyme (CYP-2D6) and thus less MDMA is broken down by your liver, and more gets to your brain... In other words, it could make a smaller dose feel larger, reducing costs for the chemist... But the risk of serotonin syndrome really isn't worth it.

:)

The DXM Buck Stops Here.

^ I concur. Furthermore, because the DXM and MDMA reciprocally inhihbit the action of debrisoquine hydroxylase (CYP 2D6) [1], this can lead to excessive dehydration, uncomfortably strong effects and long durations, and awful comedowns and hangovers as a result. All that plus risk of SS doesn't make for a nice mix of drugs IMO.

Junglism posted "when i have been on dxn its given me a happy feeling during and after to trip. so i guess it wouldn't over power the mdxx if kept in low quntities. and dangerous i dont think so but i dont know ??" -- there's a great DXM FAQ [2] if you want to read up about DXM drug interactions and reasons why NEVER to mix it with MDMA. Essential DXM reading for anyone wanting to use DXM recreationally IMO.

However, in my opinion, the Durex/Safe Sex pills were MDMA only. This statement is backed up by quanitative results from the pink sample of Biscuit, plus a plurality of qualitative pillreports describing characteristic purple-to-black Marquis reagent results, and 'textbook' strong MDMA-like effects which appeared at the time these pills were circulating. Comments such as "I am 99% sure that the blue (and probably [?] other colours) Safe Sex pills had a bit of DXM in them. One dealer was telling me that it was a 9 parts mdma to 1 part DXM", I find extremely unconvincing and baseless, and without EZ-test results to support these claims they must be dismissed as guess work. This comment: "Every single person who I saw took blue and yellow SafeSex/Durex acted like they were on a mdma/dxm combination," I'm not even going to touch. There is a wealth of testing results on safe sex pills that indicate MDMA only, and a high dose, which is corroborated by the quantitative results of the pink batch. The similarity between batches which was apparent should allow us to put the DXM issue aside.

One further point on the following comment: "Now I keep away from all DXM pills because I post load with prozac (nowadays Zoloft) and if you have mdma (a MAOI) and dxm (a MAOI) and prozac (a MAOI) you get the badest mother fucking headache for days after." At its root, this quote has the right idea, in that DXM should NEVER be administered in conjunction with an MAOI. Neither should MDMA. Moreover, DXM should never be taken in conjunction with SSRI anti-depressants, and this can be a limiting factor with MDMA too. However, the quoted comment is factually incorrect. Note that there is considerable confusion among drug users about what is and isn't a MAOI. MAOIs include a few drugs prescribed for depression and Parkinson's disease, and a few rare recreational drugs derived from exotic plant sources (harmine and harmaline, from Syrian Rue and Yagé, for example). Prozac, MDMA, cheese, beer, Seldane, etc., are NOT MAOIs - they are things to avoid when taking a MAOI. [3]

It can be very easy to confuse an MDMA reaction with a DXM reaction to EZ-test, particularly for someone who has never seen a pure DXM reaction, and is testing strong MDMA pills (such as the Durex/Safe Sex), because the colour change through purple can be too fast to observe and the reaction CAN be violent enough to cause bubbling. The development of bubbles and a colour change to black is NOT sufficient to indicate a positive DXM reaction -- the hallmarks of DXM are a slow change through grey (not purple) to black, over about 5-15sec, and the evolution of white gas bubbles.

As Pleo said, DXM pills used to be more frequent in the USA, and in 4 years of reading pill-testing results and testing pills myself, the number of confirmed DXM pills I have seen in Australia is vanishingly small. That doesn't mean we should ignore the possibility, but in the face of such overwhelming evidence (incl. quantitative analysis) against the possibility of DXM being in Safe Sex pills, in my opinion DXM can henceforth be excluded from this discussion.

In the face of quantitative results, there should be no need to employ guess work. Let's get back to the real topic of the quantitative test results.

BigTrancer :)

----------
[1] - Generally speaking, inhibitors of P450-2D6 include antidepressants (both SSRIs and tricyclics, and possibly MAO inhibitors), antiparasitics (especially antimalarials), antihistamines (both prescription and over-the-counter), neuroleptics, beta blockers (drugs for high blood pressure), and antineoplastics (anti-cancer drugs). Methadone is a P450-2D6 inhibitor, and it is likely that many alkaloids, especially of plant origin, may be mild to moderate P450-2D6 inhibitors.
:- Source: The Vaults of Erowid --> DXM Vault --> DXM FAQ --> Appendix 1: P450 Inhibiting Drugs

[2] - Erowid DXM FAQ

[3] - DXM should not be used (either recreationally or at normal dosage levels) by people who are taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) - either a prescription MAOI or a recreational one such as harmaline.
:- Source: The Vaults of Erowid --> DXM Vault --> DXM FAQ --> 4.16.1 Fatal or Dangerous Interactions

hey im only new to these forums so this is actually my 1st post but i have always looked through here finding some much needed info about certain pills etc .. im only fairly new to pills considering im 18 a youngen compared to some pill wise , but i always test my pills and do the right thing to ensure that me and my mates have a good night out , i can add some thought about the 3's series that has been floating around though .. and thats that the red and brown both had some mda added with a mixture with mdma , the yellow's i tested didnt seem to have mda in them but im pretty sure that some ppl's batchs around aus have had some mda in them.. but they were all very good pills becoz of the dose of mdma which was alot more than recent pills in aus .. not better than some in previous years which ppl have been saying .. but certainly in the immidiate future anyways

^ great observations; did you use an extreme test for this?
I agree with you; the 3s are the best pills in Perth for at least a year - possibly longer - 18 months or so. Back to the beginning of 2002 when there was the white stars, playboys and ducks all out together.
And i am not saying the 3s arent better than those - its just those imo are the only ones that have recently come close.

If someone asked me, hypothetically speaking of course, which of the 3s had a chance of having MDA in them, i'd definitely say the orange and brown over the yellow - which i am certain had no MDA.

But that is only from experience - no test results and that is obviously the best way; plus one cannot forget what was revealed with the safe sex - you never an tell, that much is for certain.

Last edited:
Psychadelic_Paisly said:
i LOVE this shit!!! keep em coming.
You're spot on about the high dose of MDMA giving visuals and people thinking their's MDA in them. i'm guilty of that myself.
just last week with the yellow 3's i had 2 over the night and when in bed i lay there watching STRONG (acid like) closed eye'd visuals for about 2 hours! I was almost certain that they would have had MDA in them, but the tester proved otherwise :-/

i saw fireworks in bed =D

Big Trancer you sound like a university lecturer.

If a pill contains MDMA and DXM and you TEST IT, it will see only a MDMA result.
The 5 pointed stars from about a year ago contained only DXM, according to my tester. Most people thought they were shit pills, and when I took them (curiosty killed the cat) they felt like DXM.

I have had DXM/MDMA pills more than 20 times, so I know what it feels like. I have had MDMA only pills many times and I know what that feels like.

I found with the blue Safe Sexs that people with a big MDMA tolerence really liked them, because they got a real 'kick' from them. (the DXM/MDMA rush is 'full on'). All the people I saw take Safe Sex with a low MDMA tolerance got too fucked up after the rush (verses LOVED UP = MDMA only) and so they did not enjoy the night.

I am from Melbourne. Last year at * most people I met were on blue Safe Sexes. As the night wore on, it was really obvious that blue Safe Sex pills had more than MDMA in them from the way people (and friends) were acting.

And about MAOI - speed inhibits MAO's, Prozac inhibits MAO's (go to www.biopsychiatry.com and read about it if you want to know more), and MDMA inhibits MAO's according to the latest research on www.biopsychiatry.com. I will try to find the page later.

Peace.

[Edit: Venue details removed. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
superfly9: I think speculation over which pills could possibly have had an MDA/MDMA mix is pointless. I'm not flaming it just might help to remember that in some people MDMA can be converted to MDA in the stomach. Yell at me if i'm wrong.

I'm not sure wat would cause this conversion to occur sometimes and not other times etc etc.

Nice Tits

Dr. Beat:

I have never seen a DXM/MDMA combo pill lab tested in the last 4 years of making myself as acquainted as possible with the tests of Dancesafe and Eve_Rave.
And now these most recent Australian ones DXM was certainly not present in one of them.

And you say you have taken 20?
I do not think so.

MDMA/DXM is very dangerous and would not be put in a pill - and if it were, it would certainly not be common enough for someone to have taken 20 different pills with this combo.

Perhaps you could lead some evidence as to how you know u have had this combo previously?

MDMA/MDA mixes or just plain MDA are common causes of an extremely mashy MDXX experience. For people with high tolerances to MDMA, some MDA content can produce a roll just like their early days.

It could also just be a very strong dose of MDMA too - if people are used to 90mg pills, a 140mg one out of the blue will feel strong, and often "fuck up" even the most tolerant user.
Set and setting can also play a part - take a strong pill in a 40 degree club and you will be relatively far more "fucked" than if the same pill is taken in the middle of a football field on a winter's night.

I'd listen to university lecturers personally - they tend to know what they are talking about - thats why they are in the position they are in.
Big_Trancer and Bluelight is no different.

Last edited:
Biscuit said:
I'd listen to university lecturers personally - they tend to know what they are talking about - thats why they are in the position they are in.
Big_Trancer and Bluelight is no different.

word to that biscuit!!!

dr. beat, just in case you hadn't noticed, there is a reason why Big_Trancer is a Super Moderator ;)

i also find it very hard to believe that you have had DXM/MDMA combo pills on 20 occasions. how do you know they were DXM?MDMA combo pills? because your dealer told you??

because firstly, never believe your dealer, not matter how much you trust the. they are not in it for you to have a good time, they are in it for their hip pockets!
and secondly, if my dealer EVER told me that the pill he was selling me was a DXM/MDMA combo, i would shove the pill back in his face, and tell him where he could stick it. it is a very dangerous combo.

i'm not going to make a comment on the safe sexes, because i never had any.
but i'm more inclined to believe the 50 or so people, that have told me that they were pure mdma, and lots of it, than to believe you and your little dxm theory!

i suggest you listen to BT next time, before you go sprouting off information that has no obvious basis to it.
don't try and make it look like you know more than BT, because i'm sorry to tell you, you almost certainly don't!!!

it might stop you from looking stupid.

now lets get back to the quantative test results, and get over this shit about dxm. there really was no point in dxm being brought into this conversation.
especially when it was your dealer that told you it was '9 parts mdma, 1 part dxm'! hahahaha, that's hilarious!!!!

so, in the words of the great BT ;)

in my opinion DXM can henceforth be excluded from this discussion.

Biscut - plenty of pills in america contain DXM.

Go through the DanceSafe pill history of the last 5 years if you do not believe me.

Ignorance is bliss...

I was not disputing the existence of DXM in pills sold as "ecstasy".

What I was disputing was pills with a COMBINATION of BOTH DXM and an MDXX substance - e.g MDMA.

I have just searched through the dancesafe results for the last 4 years.

88 pills out of all the pills tested by them have contained some DXM.
It appears a total of 958 pills have been tested by Dancesafe.

Thus 9.2% of them have some DXM content.

As already stated the % in Australia would without question be far less as DXM is far more an American problem. DXM is considered a "common" drug in the states - here it is RARE, despite being available OTC on its own in 1-2 cough syrups.

Then we come to the combos:

A measley total of 5 different pills in 4 years contain some MDXX in conjunction with DXM. That is 5.7% of all DXM pills or 0.52% of all pills tested by Dancesafe in 4 years = 1 in 200.

And when you look at the proportions of each drug below in the combo pills, ONLY the grey cherries have enough of BOTH DXM and MDXX for there to be a significant interaction. (Green trumpet another slight possibility)

In percentages

White Cherry
MDMA 4.4
DXM 4.4
Caffeine 87
MDA 4.4

Grey Cherry
MDMA 16.7
MDE 16.7
DXM: 50
Caffeine: 16.7

Green trumpet
MDMA 8.3
DXM 83.3
Caffeine 8.3)

Orange Star
MDMA 64.5
DXM 3.2
Caffeine 32.3

Brown question mark
MDMA 16.1
Ketamine 32.3
Ephedrine 16.1
DXM: 6.5
Caffeine 25.8
Methamphetamine 3.2

So one in 200 pills are a MDXX/DXM combo - and imo only one, maybe two, of those had each substance in sufficient enough quantities to enable an appreciable effect attributable to both substances.

As DXM is far rarer in Australia than the US, I think its a fair enough guestimate to then suggest that only one in at most 300-400 of all Australian pills contain both an MDXX substance and DXM. (I personally think its more like 1 in 500 at most)

If you have had 20 different pills with this combo then that means trying 8,000 different pills. Thats a lot of pills - I've been in the "business" for 4.5 years; i would have needed just under 5 different pills a day to sample that impressive array.

The maths just does not add up - there is my evidence, how about yours?

(Has Australia even had 8,000 different pills come through this country in the history of ecstast trafficking? I dont think so)

Last edited:
Dr. Beat said:
(...snip...)
go to this site and learn something:

www.biopsychiatry.com/mdmamao.htm

Do I have to say anymore ???

Your link refers to the following article: Leonardi ET, Azmitia EC., "MDMA (ecstasy) inhibition of MAO type A and type B: comparisons with fenfluramine and fluoxetine (Prozac)", Neuropsychopharmacology 10(4), 231-238, (1994).

This article compares the 'potency' (defined through the inhibitory concentration, 50% effect (IC50) or the kinetic inhibitory constant (Ki)), as an MAO-A inhibitor and MAO-B inhibitor, of MDMA with that of fenfluramine (FEN) and fluoxetine (FLUOX, or Prozac). The latter two drugs are an appetite suppressant, and an antidepressant, respectively. The results state that as an MAO-A inhibitor, MDMA is more potent than both fluoxetine and fenfluramine; as an MAO-B inhibitor, MDMA is less potent than fluoxetine and stronger than fenfluramine. This would appear to indicate that MDMA is a better MAOI than fenfluramine, and a slightly better than fluoxetine at inhibiting MAO-A but not MAO-B. However, fluoxetine is not usually classed as an MAOI.

Recall that fluoxetine exerts its antidepressant action through the selective inhibition of the reuptake of serotonin, not through the inhibition of monoamine oxidase (i.e., it is classified as a SSRI, not a MAOI). Neither fluoxetine nor fenfluramine is a strong MAO inhibitor... indeed, the abstract for the original paper (found on PubMed) states that "A combination of FLUOX and MDMA at their respective IC50 did not inhibit MAO activity more than either drug alone at equivalent concentrations. These results indicate that the actions of FEN do not appear to involve MAO inhibition".

I fail to see how a demonstration that the relative "MAOI potency" of MDMA lies somewhere between that of an SSRI antidepressant and an appetite suppressant which is stated categorically to not exert its action by inhibiting MAO is supposed to be convincing, or even relevant to the discussion of whether DXM is or isn't often found in 'ecstasy' tablets.

Finally, Biscuit stated that DXM/MDMA combination pills are rarely seen. From time to time DXM only or DXM combination (i.e., cough/cold tablets) are tested by Dancesafe; however, Biscuit is correct in stating that DMX/MDMA combination pills are quite infrequent.

BigTrancer :)

Dr. Beat: the fact of the matter is if your'e getting pills with DXM and MDMA...your'e getting SHIT pills! :p

As for the thread, if anyone has information of a similar nature i urge you to share it. Quantative info like this is always good to know. Thumbs up Biscuit! :)