• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Social Anxiety

I've had the same anxiety on the tube too, for a while I wouldn't ever take a seat and preferred to stand so that I wouldn't have to deal with facing someone or sitting next to someone. Nowadays I couldn't care less, it's nice when anxiety lessens with age.

Anxiety is the opposite of confidence.

Weed definitely makes me more socially anxious. There are different causes of anxiety, but (generally speaking) the best thing to do IMO is to get sober and work on the core of your life. I used to be a dirty hippy. Lack of hygiene didn't help with my anxiety. I also didn't contribute much to society. People always say, "So, what do you do?" When I was young this made me anxious, because I didn't do much. Now I contribute massively to my local community, so I can hold my head up in these situations. I don't doubt myself. I'm also physically fitter than I was back then. All of these things helped me overcome anxiety.

Bella, I totally agree! After one stops changing so drastically, life gets more manageable! Any of you younger folks out there, this is real. It will come.

Lots of different manifestations of anxiety. I would agree with that statement, though.

Contributing to the community, however it may be, is a good thing to be proud of. And multiple methods of intentional coping to improve oneself is a very smart method.

I unintentionally treated my social anxiety while using anabolic steroids lol

I bought a long acting dopamine agonist with the intention of reducing prolactin levels because I was taking nandrolone decanoate which is well known for increasing prolactin and causing "deca dick".

I took .5mg every 3 days and was shocked when the anxiety plummeted and was gone in just over 2 weeks.

It would have lasted if not for some very sick individuals on a bodybuilding forum giving my account a "promotion" so I could see the hidden section containing the steroid sources, 2 of which were based in my country and already had a special product line just for me. Testosterone products were all overdosed as high as possible and the anti estrogens and DHT derivatives were all completely fake.

They had been monitoring my internet activity for 2 years and hadn't found anything worthy of publicity and were pissed that I was improving. They knew I was buying from resellers and their sources were producers and vials cost about 30% less.

So of course I bought from these sources and the problems started right away. My estrogen levels skyrocketed rapidly and my mental state got very bad very quickly. I was still inexperienced and thought it was something to do with me and I kept buying from them.

It gave them exactly what they wanted and now I'll never be able to have a normal life again. No sex, no relationships or friendships except maybe platonic ones with certain lesbians or older straight women probably with kids.

I've accepted it now and focusing on getting my mind and body functioning as close to perfection as it can get. Plus making sure my cell phones, tablets, and computers cannot be compromised by anyone except the NSA.

I'll need it to be able to learn how to shut that site down which already happened once when they pissed off the wrong person. They had to beg for them to bring it back online. I've got other plans too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking MDMA for a year combined with public speaking practice for 10 years helped me overcome severe debilitating anxiety. I’m still a shy person in general but at least I’m not afraid to leave the house anymore.

I have had severe social anxiety for most of my life, ever since I started being very badly bullied and ostracised in school when I was 11 years old. I'm 36 now. I self-medicated my entire adult life with party drugs and alcohol, which helped the social anxiety in the immediate term, but made it MUCH much worse in the long term.

Now, however, I am 100% clean and sober, taking good care of myself, healthy and very happy, and my social anxiety has pretty much gone. Last night I was able to attend a BBQ with my partner at his brother's house, meeting all his brother's friends for the first time. They were all drinking (A LOT!) but me and my partner were sober. Normally, the "old me" would be an absolute anxious wreck for the whole day leading up to the party, probably drinking by myself at home all day trying to calm my nerves, show up to the BBQ already sloshed, drink much more and end up getting completely shitfaced, only to wake up with more anxiety wondering how much of a dickhead I'd made of myself in front of people I'd only just met.

I have had severe social anxiety for most of my life, ever since I started being very badly bullied and ostracised in school when I was 11 years old. I'm 36 now. I self-medicated my entire adult life with party drugs and alcohol, which helped the social anxiety in the immediate term, but made it MUCH much worse in the long term.

Now, however, I am 100% clean and sober, taking good care of myself, healthy and very happy, and my social anxiety has pretty much gone. Last night I was able to attend a BBQ with my partner at his brother's house, meeting all his brother's friends for the first time. They were all drinking (A LOT!) but me and my partner were sober. Normally, the "old me" would be an absolute anxious wreck for the whole day leading up to the party, probably drinking by myself at home all day trying to calm my nerves, show up to the BBQ already sloshed, drink much more and end up getting completely shitfaced, only to wake up with more anxiety wondering how much of a dickhead I'd made of myself in front of people I'd only just met.
I'm happy for you and that you are sober, I suffer from anxiety as you know from my posts on this thread, anxiety is hell, I'm currently seeing a counselor for it, it's help a little.

So happy for you n3ophy7e, that your sober and getting married! <3

Thank you so much @LordOfThisWorld I really appreciate that :) I hope the work you're doing with your counsellor continues to help. Is it Cognitive Behavioural Therapy that you're doing?
He's a clinical psychologist, can't prescribe medicine or anything, so basically we jst talk about my issues and what cause my anxiety and panic attacks, I don't know technical terms, is that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? He teaches me breathing exercises to deal with the anxiety attacks to lessen them and that sort of stuff.

He may be incorporating a few different types of therapies. It doesn't really matter, as long as you feel that it's helping you! :)

i've been told to breathe into a brown paper.........im cmon, honestly.....fuckin psycs

*facepalm.....
yep, no idea.....and that's gonnna make it worse in the shop people see you breathing in and out of a brown paper bag lol.

Anyone else got some decent meds instead of Xanax which is King and gives you the best sleep after they have worn off

yep, no idea.....and that's gonnna make it worse in the shop people see you breathing in and out of a brown paper bag lol.

Anyone else got some decent meds instead of Xanax which is King and gives you the best sleep after they have worn off
Well obviously xanax is one of the greatest things in existence <3
Aside from that, valium is also amazing.
But that is a benzo as well and as you know they are highly addictive and you get a tolerance to them very rapidly.

SO, aside from benzos...? There are some antidepressant medications that work well for social anxiety disorder but a) it can be a bit of trial and error finding the one that works best for you, b) they are a long-term medication, and c) you can't use them as a first-aid medication if you're having a panic attack like you can with benzos.

Alcohol works well as a social anxiety inhibitor but has HUGE health implications, and it is literally a poison.

Non-substance methods for treating social anxiety such as therapy seem to have the best, most effective long-term benefits <3

Well obviously xanax is one of the greatest things in existence <3
Aside from that, valium is also amazing.
But that is a benzo as well and as you know they are highly addictive and you get a tolerance to them very rapidly.

SO, aside from benzos...? There are some antidepressant medications that work well for social anxiety disorder but a) it can be a bit of trial and error finding the one that works best for you, b) they are a long-term medication, and c) you can't use them as a first-aid medication if you're having a panic attack like you can with benzos.

Alcohol works well as a social anxiety inhibitor but has HUGE health implications, and it is literally a poison.

Non-substance methods for treating social anxiety such as therapy seem to have the best, most effective long-term benefits <3
Oh yeah you are absolutely right Xanax it is the greatest thing in universe!

Valium is kinda growing me but i need something else for it to fully work.

Can't stand Alcohol.

Tried CBT, didn't work.

I don't wanna go flogging a dead horse, but there ARE other types of therapy other than CBT. It might be worth trying something else?
lmfao flogging around a dead horse.......i can just picture you grobbing around the neck of the horse and spinning around a dead horse yeah motherfucker you think its funny huh? dont ya?

yeah true there are but i wanna try the med course.....i guess its easier to pop a pill than talk with someone.