• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sober hallucinations, Sleep Paralysis & Hynogogia

Used to get this sleep paralysis a lot in the past when i had a lot of stimulant drugs or was ill.... it was horrible! Not had it for a lonnng time luckily.

lol I get random visuals sometimes :) i love them.

Ahhh me too, but only when i want them :p

Keeps me entertained in class. I only get them for about 6 weeks after using a psychedelic though, then i need to redose ;)

I've had some crazy hynogogia experiences. Was drifting in and out of sleep and my room was like a pastel painting/stain glass window cross. Also once saw two giant blacks spiders crawling up me, initially it was in the dream and then I woke up but the spiders were still crawling up for a couple seconds, freaked the crap out of me.

if you'd like to explore this more, check out "lucid dreaming" and "astral projection."

but yeah, sounds like sleep paralysis

This sounds just like sleep paralysis. I used to get it all the time and I have never used any sort of psychedelic aside from ecstasy and cannabis. I've noticed when I have unusual sleep patters I get it more often. Nothing to be worried about.

:]

I SAW the spider thing too! they crawled out of the back of a painting in my wall and I was convinced they were real hahaha. It was pretty scary at the time.

It happens to me very frequently. The incubus/succubus thing is creepy - it really is like there is something standing there, observing you, like it is attempting to violate your spiritual boundaries somehow. It's totally not the same level of consciousness as lucid dreaming.

Only a few times have I had a positive experience of bliss while in this state. On these occasions, the entity is one of love, even sexual. But no matter what it is, I am always physically paralyzed, and the attempt to break free is like being underwater with a sheet of plastic over the surface - this almost impenetrable barrier preventing you from ever returning to waking life. Simultaneous panic, futility, determination, weakness, and strength. Sometimes you need to go back under to 'refuel' for the attempt to break through the membrane.

This is not what I consider to be astral projection - that is an entirely different, and infinitely beautiful, phenomenon.

That reminds me of an odd dream-thingy I had once during a high fever. I dreamed I was the leaves on a tree, all of them individually at once. There was wind and I had to release and "fall" from the tree with the right calculations based on the direction and velocity of the wind in order to be blown end over end and fit like a Tetris block into a position on the branch, often interlocked with other leaves. Thing is, it was of tantamount importance that I do this, and it physically hurt... bad, when I crashed into my destination. My dream seemed to pass in real time, so that the night actually seemed at least 8 hours long. 8 hours of extremely tedious calculations and pain, and a feeling of light panic that I not mess up.

I finally woke up, still sick and feeling totally beat up from this dream. I kept going over these calculations in my head after waking up. I still felt the pain and hung on to an irrational belief that if I didn't keep doing this process that it would have dire consequences. At the time it seemed to make so much sense. Looking back, it seem ludicrous.

Thats interesting tht you can recall it so well Eric....My little maths things usualy involve dot-braille like things which I have to swivel hither and thither to make------who fucken knows? Its crazy- I would describe it as thinking purely with your subconcious. I suppose, prior to climbing over the wall of sleep, a certain ego dissolution occurrs, and can possibly be "caught" and utilised.

Since quitting pot, my dreams are incredly lucid, moreso then ever. They are perfectly sequential, and I have been able to manipulate the content to a huge degree ie. a girl I've always wanted to fuck appeared and lo! behold! she's all mine...:D

Then I wake up all sticky....:!:p=D Miss Swilow giggles, though its at me, not with me...bitch ;) <3

I've had that happen to me on a couple occassions.

It reminds me or something that happens often enough; I'm laying, falling asleep and then all of a sudden I started to be able to make out shapes and it's as if I'm seeing right through my eyelids...And then I get a feeling I usually associate with ego dissolution while tripping, and the rest it just random sequences of boring/disturbing/amusing/histerical natures that aren't my own thoughts, paired with geometric visuals at times.... I'm conscious of this as it happens, and I am capabable to analytical thought to a great degree.

Though, come to think of it now, I have never tried to wake

I used to get sleep paralysis all the time when I was abusing AMT, and also after any time I used MDMA. I've never had the succubus thing... that sounds really creepy though. For me it's always been an insanely strong rushing feeling/sound and the inability to move. To break out I have to struggle as hard as possible to twitch my leg or arm. Little by little, I twitch it over to the side of the bed, until it falls, and then the spell is broken, presumably because my body has moved and woken itself up.

Oddly, during the night when I get sleep paralysis I have often had intensely lucid dreams about either the end of the world or waking up in a new version of reality that I can't get back from.

Sleep paralysis has given me similar experiences. It's really frightening but very exciting.

^^ I often get end of the world dreams which will end with a huge, constant roar and a feeling that I'm being blown away but remaining static as everything slowly disintegrates to black. Every time I find it hard to move or feel as if I'm a bit in shock when I wake up.

Horrible dreams, but I find them fascinating anyway.

A Lucid Dream?

I just experienced something which has me shaking and almost unable to move, the only thing i can think of is it was some form of lucid dreaming.

Im not to familiar with lucid dreaming, i've read a bit on it, but here's what happened.

I went to sleep around 9:30pm and as i went to sleep i initially noticed my mental image of anything was switching between very smooth objects then very distorted objects and in black and white, i also had an amazing sense of mental image vividness and i was able to control myself within this, i was still pretty awake and it just felt like a normal beginning of a dream about to fall asleep.

This next part gives me goosebumps just thinking of it.

(I was still unconscious asleep in this next part)

I guess i started to dream about Hell for some reason (i'm not religious or spiritual, so i found this to be quite odd). I dream't of it been a haven at first.. you got everything you ever wanted and couldn't get in mortal life, i thought to myself this isnt so bad.. And i started to realize it getting more and more overcrowded, worse and worse, hostility, death etc.. and then my own knowledge of psychology kicked in.. telling me you cant just throw a mind into an intense feeling of hopelessness, you have to gradually build it up..

(I woke up at this point)

I awoke with my eyes wide open, but i guess i was still dreaming? The music i was listening too on my stereo.. the lyrics became very deep voiced, that voice that sometimes is associated with satan. I couldn't move my body, it felt like i was paralyzed or been held down.. i looked upto my ceiling and saw a bright light, and then looked at myself on the bed covered in pure darkness. I tried to speak but i couldn't.. i was gasping for air in fear and heard someone crying in the next room. I guess i forced myself out of whatever i was in.. because everything then felt normal.

This happened about 40mins ago.. The thing that scared me the most here is my eyes were open and i was awake.. but i was still experiencing some effects of my dream.

Is this sleep paralysis? It seemed like initially it felt lucid, i then lost control and awoke but still without control?

This was truly the scariest few moments of my entire fucking life.

Do you happen to maybe be psychotic or schizophrenic? If not I don't really have any idea

Here you're having intense dreams and I remember 'a' dream maybe once every 2-3 months.

hmmm...sounds like you were experiencing hypnogogia.

This sort of thing used to happen to me pretty frequently when I was heavy into lucid dreaming, it's an in-between state of dreaming/waking kind and your eyes can be open and responding to light while your body is paralyzed from being in sleep mode.

When it would happen to me it could be pretty weird, because I would be in a lucid dream and then I would open my eyes and could still have dream material superimposed ontop of my external environment (that and I would always think there were people in the room with me and then I would do my *wake-up* trigger and lean forward and be alone in my room, haha).

+++The whole incubus/succubus phenomenon is believed to originate with hypnogogic states.

Do you happen to maybe be psychotic or schizophrenic? If not I don't really have any idea

Not that i know of ;)

hmmm...sounds like you were experiencing hypnogogia.

This sort of thing used to happen to me pretty frequently when I was heavy into lucid dreaming, it's an in-between state of dreaming/waking kind and your eyes can be open and responding to light while your body is paralyzed from being in sleep mode.

When it would happen to me it could be pretty weird, because I would be in a lucid dream and then I would open my eyes and could still have dream material superimposed ontop of my external environment (that and I would always think there were people in the room with me and then I would do my *wake-up* trigger and lean forward and be alone in my room, haha).

+++The whole incubus/succubus phenomenon is believed to originate with hypnogogic states.

Hm that's interesting, it sounds similar to sleep paralysis with the effects and auditory hallucinations, inner voice and such. Hmm.. i have read this is usually preceded by lucid dreaming.

I spose it could be either.. hopefully it doesn't happen to often. It was pretty interesting though.. and i guess i'd be more mentally prepared for it next time.. i enjoy analyzing psychological conditions like this.. it was just extremley unexpected and intense.

Last night I was laying in bed trying to get to sleep when all of a sudden it felt as if my body was frozen and I had no control. Then flying through the air was what I can best describe as death flying at me and grabbing me by the throat. It was trying to take me away but I resisted for about a minute and it left. This has happened to me once before with the exact same occurence about a month ago. Does anyone think this may have been brought up because of DMT use?

I bet things would get really interesting if you didn't resist. :D

^ I can never help but instinctively resist every time I'm in the throes of sleep paralysis... and the instant I snap out of it, I regret having resisted. :| It's such a quick and ruthless coup d'etat of my body and mind that I feel the urge to fight it.

Although without fail, every sleep paralysis episode of mine has started with an incredibly euphoric sort of "body high", almost exactly like the feeling of coming up on a big hit of nitrous... unfortunately that part only lasts about 2-3 seconds.