View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sober hallucinations, Sleep Paralysis & Hynogogia

ABDF

Greenlighter
Last night I was laying in bed trying to get to sleep when all of a sudden it felt as if my body was frozen and I had no control. Then flying through the air was what I can best describe as death flying at me and grabbing me by the throat. It was trying to take me away but I resisted for about a minute and it left. This has happened to me once before with the exact same occurence about a month ago. Does anyone think this may have been brought up because of DMT use?

Well, it sounds to me you might have schizophrenia, or on the other hand, it could have been that you were abducted by aliens... who knows? Maybe you were just dreaming.

Hypnagogoic hallucinations/Sleep paralysis.....look emmup on that google thingo :)

Agreed with the two above. I believe it's quite a common phenomenon particularly prevalent on the borders of sleep. Sounds like the classic incubus/succubus (and many other variations) scenario. Is fascinating stuff but don't think necessarily connected to psychedelic use, personally.

I find it quite similarr to the almost-knowing-everything state that nitrous iinduces in meeeeeeeeeee

Last night I was laying in bed trying to get to sleep when all of a sudden it felt as if my body was frozen and I had no control. Then flying through the air was what I can best describe as death flying at me and grabbing me by the throat. It was trying to take me away but I resisted for about a minute and it left. This has happened to me once before with the exact same occurence about a month ago. Does anyone think this may have been brought up because of DMT use?

Yup, Sleep paraylsis.
I had two episodes before, but for me it happend shortly AFTER I fell asleep.

for me it happend shortly AFTER I fell asleep.

Yeah, the things that happen to you after you fall asleep... quite amazing.

well in fact in sleep paralysis oftentimes people wont even realize they fell asleep when in fact they did.

Ugh I got that once. I had a 104 degree fever and when I "woke up" I was paralyzed, lying in a WWII fox hole. My legs were blown off, as my dreams explanation of my inability to move.

Scary as fuck.

Interesting stuff, used to get sleep paralysis a lot when extremely tired or ill. Pretty disturbing stuff at times. Love hypnagogic hallucinations though, and I love the ridiculous thoughts you get during them that vanish when you try to catch them.

^I often find myself performing some weird mathematical stuff on the edge of sleepland, like arranging quantum dots in hexagonal speres...yeah, all that good stuff that means nothing the second i ACTUALLY thing about it....:D

not unusual at all. i get that sometimes, as well as sleep walk and wake up and not know where the fuck i am..hallucinate? yes, shit is always warping around the corner of my eyes and sounds do as well. hallucinating on a lack of sleep happens to almost everyone too. if i don't sleep well one night (even just 4-5 hours) i will start hallucinating pretty badly the next day..like seeing shadows and after images for a while..or thinking someone is standing over me and hearing music that isn't there. i'm also schizotypal and a user of psychs tho. peace

Haha, that's crazy swilow! I do the exact same thing! Posted about it in the previous iteration of the PD social thread I think...

I have a lot of memories of waking up and feeling immediately very irritated that my problem-solving was interrupted, having been very close to "solving" some sort of puzzle or equation.

^And it usually isn't just any old puzzle; its THE puzzle....but its not for the concious mind methinks....:)

Hypnagogoic hallucinations/Sleep paralysis
Sounds like it to me. I've had this kind of experience several times. I found it unpleasant and quite frightening. It seems to occur more frequently to me when beginning or stopping a medication.
lol I get random visuals sometimes i love them.
Lucky you.:X I wish I had those... though not too often.

^Wow thnaks for thta. :\ Its called a tpyo :p

Yep, sleep paralysis for sure

^I often find myself performing some weird mathematical stuff on the edge of sleepland, like arranging quantum dots in hexagonal speres...yeah, all that good stuff that means nothing the second i ACTUALLY thing about it....:D

That reminds me of an odd dream-thingy I had once during a high fever. I dreamed I was the leaves on a tree, all of them individually at once. There was wind and I had to release and "fall" from the tree with the right calculations based on the direction and velocity of the wind in order to be blown end over end and fit like a Tetris block into a position on the branch, often interlocked with other leaves. Thing is, it was of tantamount importance that I do this, and it physically hurt... bad, when I crashed into my destination. My dream seemed to pass in real time, so that the night actually seemed at least 8 hours long. 8 hours of extremely tedious calculations and pain, and a feeling of light panic that I not mess up.

I finally woke up, still sick and feeling totally beat up from this dream. I kept going over these calculations in my head after waking up. I still felt the pain and hung on to an irrational belief that if I didn't keep doing this process that it would have dire consequences. At the time it seemed to make so much sense. Looking back, it seem ludicrous.