• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sober hallucinations, Sleep Paralysis & Hynogogia

i was doing coke and smoking crack all night..smoked some weed..i was hallucinating, only it was more delusional than trippy..

crack is whack dude. smoke a lil ganjaa.

Hmm, I've had a lucid dream where I didn't know I was dreaming but it was so obvious and so vivid now. So in this dream, I'm in this sort of parallel universe or something where places I knew etc~ were made into one weird enviroment that I was vaguely familiar with. I could talk about the dream forever but basicly, in the dream I started to smoke weed and drink a little with this person, in the dream I blacked out, and when I regained conscience-

I thought I was awake in real life, but I was still in the dream, going over the blackout/dream thinking of it as a dream thinking I'm awake but still in the dream. Then I continue to wake up do my thing you know, in the dream. After I smoked weed I woke up then I was like whoaaa. did all this just happen?

hmmm...sounds like you were experiencing hypnogogia.

This sort of thing used to happen to me pretty frequently when I was heavy into lucid dreaming, it's an in-between state of dreaming/waking kind and your eyes can be open and responding to light while your body is paralyzed from being in sleep mode.

When it would happen to me it could be pretty weird, because I would be in a lucid dream and then I would open my eyes and could still have dream material superimposed ontop of my external environment (that and I would always think there were people in the room with me and then I would do my *wake-up* trigger and lean forward and be alone in my room, haha).

+++The whole incubus/succubus phenomenon is believed to originate with hypnogogic states.

Between the click of the light, and the start- of the dream.

No Cars Go - Arcade Fire

that song keeps changing meanings on me lol

I used to experience hypnagogic hallucinations and sleep paralysis quite often several years ago. During this period I was using enirely too much cocaine (as if there is any other amount), way too much liquor and way too much benzo's, mostly xanax.

The hallucinations I had were almost uniformly unpleasant. It was always some malevolent presence that was close to my bed, sometimes visible, sometimes not. When they were visible they looked a bit like the ring wraiths from lord of the rings. My sleep paralyisis has always occured before waking as opposed to after going to sleep.

I've had a few incidences of this both before and after the afforementioned period in my life, but they weren't nearly as frightening or even close to as frequent, and I use psychedelics about once a month, and can't tell you the last time I've had sleep paralysis.

This in combination with the fact I've never read anything correlating the two would make me guess it was likely not psychedelics that induced the experience, though I can't be certain.

Mine was always caused by serotonin releasers, specifically both MDMA and AMT. MDMA has pretty dramatically negative aftereffects on me, so even after a single use I would get sleep paralysis and brain zaps. I abused AMT for a while, and after I'd use it a lot for a few days, then for a night or two afterwards I would have a lot of sleep paralysis, accompanied by extremely intense and realistic dreams about the end of the world. I've had sleep paralysis like twice in my life when I was younger, before any drugs, and since then it's only been caused by serotonin releasers. Granted I have never done a lot of cocaine or benzos or amphetamines, so I wouldn't know if those would also cause it.

Alien abduction, probably. It's happened to me before, pretty weird stuff. These beings from the other side just come into people's rooms rip them out of bed and start doing experiments on them. Pretty crazy stuff. One time, they came in my room and began performing experiments on me, it was strange, exhilirating, and also terrifying. I have had them come into my room twice, I have no idea what they are or where exactly they come from. Once I called them to me and they came, it seems you probably encountered one of the "alien grays" the other night.

i love sleep paralysis, wish I had it more often. its almost a guaranteed OBE or lucid dream if you know how to remain calm and transport yourself into these experiences

i love sleep paralysis, wish I had it more often. its almost a guaranteed OBE or lucid dream if you know how to remain calm and transport yourself into these experiences

yeah isn't that what robert monroe meant by his 'vibrations' ?