• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sober curse?

WhoEver

Greenlighter
I feel like im doing everything wrong. My only reference point is from what i see on TV and movies and everyone seems to make drugs and alcohol seem like some total lose yourself euphoric trip, however for me nothing happens.

I have bought random types of liquor Gin,Vodka,Brandy, Beer and wine end up going through 1/2 ~ 1 bottle at a time and just end up going to sleep and waking up with a headache and nothing more. If anything i seem to be angry that im wasting money on something that Tylenol PM would do.

I have gone through Adderall 15MG x5 , Seroquel 150 MG x4 , Ambien 10 MG x5 , Norco 5-350 x4 and Marijuana 4 Blunts with nothing more than a slightly elevated heartbeat or just lethargy.

Is it possible to be cursed with an inability to become inebriated? I have even went through about 13 Ambiens back-2-back to chase the tails of hallucinations only to pass out and spend a few hours in a groggy daze.

Has television / Movies lied about the effects of drugs and alcohol? Being 30 and never drunk or high while trying hard sucks.

When im smoking weed with friends they seem talkative , sexual or happy and i feel the urge to play along asif i feel the same and when someone tried my adderall they compared it to speed saying it helped them focus and how great it was for recreation and normal studying.

why arn't drugs affecting me like those around me? i do half heartily joke around with my friends and ask them to get me some serious stuff like cocaine / Heroin / Meth and they laugh it off and tell me to stop kidding around and im just thinking :( maybe its not a joke

I dunno, sounds like a blessing and a curse really.
TV and Movies rarely make drink and drugs seem like they seem to me, but they do alter my mood, behavior, and thought patterns for better and worse. Maybe drugs just are not an option for you.
I'd give LSD and/or Shrooms a whirl before you hang up the phone, but maybe those won't do much for you either. Coke kinda sucks, Meth is like slightly more fun Adderall so if taking a bunch of adderall isn't doing anything I don't see why meth would, Heroin well maybe but if the Norco didn't do a thing then well....
If you finally do find a drug you like and it's C/H or M then that would be a curse, loving those drugs rarely ends well.
Dunno man, I've had friends who don't get much out of certain drugs, but never all drugs.

Well, we're all made of pretty much the same stuff, chemically speaking, so we should react in a similar manner to chemicals as well. Of course, everyone is different to a certain extent and drugs are known to produce different effects in different people, but I don't think it's possible for them not to produce any effect at all in all dosages. What I think is the reason here, is that you either don't take enough (some people have higher natural tolerance than others, faster metabolism etc) or you just don't know what you're looking for.

To be honest, I remember my first time I smoked cannabis. I had only drunk like twice before that, so I was a total newbie with drugs. I didn't feel anything. I played along with my friends because they seemed to get high, but in reality I didn't really understand what I was supposed to feel. Had the best sleep of my life that night though. With alcohol it was a little different, it causes that kind of dizziness that is hard not to notice. Now, though, I know what kind of feelings each drug produces, so I know what to look for and I notice the highness a lot easily.

I've done a lot of different shit except stims and benzos, and I would say that psychedelics are probably the go-to if you want to see some real effects. You can't really ignore a trip. Benzos are notorious for not being very recreational on their own, as in you don't really feel the high (which is bad, because it often results in dosing too much trying to chase a high), I guess amphetamine's high is easy to miss as well. Now this is not very HR, but I think you should try a good (but reasonable) dose of an opioid - I don't think you can miss the high of that.

In the end, I would say that it's more of a blessing than a curse, to be honest. Yeah, it's fun to alter ones consciousness and be high, but it often comes at a cost. If you don't get much out of drugs, then you can at least be sure that you won't have to face drug addiction at some point in your life.

My only reference point is from what i see on TV and movies

That's your first mistake.

Some of the reactions you describe sound completely normal to me. Drinking a lot and passing out, waking up with a headache? Normal. Abusing Ambien only to find yourself in a groggy daze? Normal. Not really feeling anything from Seroquel (which you won't get high from anyway), a few XR formulation Adderall or even a few Vicodin? Yeah, people have told me that before.

I wonder if your liver is functioning properly as it tends to play a big role in proper absorption of a lot of drugs.

EDIT: At least orally.

last night rather than normally swallowing i crushed up and wrapped in toilet paper 3 norco waited 15 min and did 3 more waited 15 more minutes drank about 2 cups of leftover gin with none of the tale tale euphoric effects of a "high".

I have friends who are chain smokers (cigarettes) and they think im also one cause i always have one when they do but when there not around i have no craving for one nor do i get anything out of smoking them.

As for the Seroquel i have tons of 150~MG bottles sitting around i dont take and my friends sister said she use to get really high off them so took 2 and didn't even get tired dont even know what im supposed to be taking them for (supposed to take it with ambien night) tried 3 the next day and just had a bit of nausea.

Try acid, mescaline or psychedelic mushrooms.

If you don't get high from those, your brain truly is different. Not that there's anything wrong with that..

last night rather than normally swallowing i crushed up and wrapped in toilet paper 3 norco waited 15 min and did 3 more waited 15 more minutes drank about 2 cups of leftover gin with none of the tale tale euphoric effects of a "high".

I have friends who are chain smokers (cigarettes) and they think im also one cause i always have one when they do but when there not around i have no craving for one nor do i get anything out of smoking them.

As for the Seroquel i have tons of 150~MG bottles sitting around i dont take and my friends sister said she use to get really high off them so took 2 and didn't even get tired dont even know what im supposed to be taking them for (supposed to take it with ambien night) tried 3 the next day and just had a bit of nausea.
Why are smoking cigareets if your not addicted tl them? You know they cause cancer? Thats weird to smoke and not feel the high did you breath in afterwards amd hold that in? Try 30mgs of hydrocodone for a nice high with some weed. Stims are really fun because of the nexr day comedown

I don't know what to tell you, man. I agree with whomever said to get your liver tested - I'd get a full panel done at your doctor or something. Just to make sure everything is working right and that your levels are good. I mean, really... SOMETHING should be happening when you use most those substances. Regarding the seroquel - if you are prescribed it for something (ie, if you need it chemically) then you really wouldn't feel much from it. I take seroquel because I do NOT have a legit reason to, therefore it makes me very sleepy and I take it to sleep every night. My buddy has bipolar and when HE takes it, nothing happens except his heart feels like it's working harder.

I'd also consider factors like diet, sleep hygiene, and lifestyle in general. Also, if you have any health issues or illness (mental/emotional/physical... hell, even spiritual lol).

It MAY be more a blessing than a curse, as obnoxious as that sounds. Not ever being able to experience being high or drunk would be utter bullshit. Not ever being addicted, though... would be a Godsend. Damn, though... for weed - you getting the good shit? Or the shit shit? haha. Sounds like you're perhaps overdoing the doses/amounts ingested? Therefore perhaps not getting a feel for the comeup or middleground. Just going from totally sober/clean to being asleep... or whatever (?)

Definitely try a hallucinogen, like somebody said, if you really want to/feel comfortable with it/get it from a source you trust and can have a sitter and/or somebody do it with you who has done (whichever compound you choose) with. Just make sure you aren't taking an ssri or something that you cannot combine with it. You do not want serotonin syndrome. Do some research on the substance and make sure to be safe!

Oh yeah, when they add to any statement about homosexuality? I remember that one

Is there a cheap and available test for dopamine and serotonin levels?
Funky amounts of neurotransmitters and/or receptors might be causing things.
Anyway your doctor should probably know that you have idiosyncratic reactions to all the drugs you've tried. I'm worried if you ever get sick and need medication that it might not absorb or otherwise be effective. It would be a good idea to get to the bottom of this.

Is there a cheap and available test for dopamine and serotonin levels?
Funky amounts of neurotransmitters and/or receptors might be causing things.
Anyway your doctor should probably know that you have idiosyncratic reactions to all the drugs you've tried. I'm worried if you ever get sick and need medication that it might not absorb or otherwise be effective. It would be a good idea to get to the bottom of this.

well i am prescribed/have been several different medicines for anxiety,depression,sleep,racing thoughts,add and doctors always ask me if its working or how am i feeling and i never know what to say cause aside from some GI issues the first week i dont feel any different on them.

A friend showed up and had enough weed for two blunts (loud) and was just a bit sleepy afterwords but hell it was like 11 am

ill try and find some psychedelic's but its like a drug dessert in my area my 'contacts' aka friends are just weed heads and aside from that the next popular drug is crack in my awesome area

Your meds might be doing this. I've read people on here complaining that they can't get high after taking a neuroleptic...

Whatever buzz you're chasing my advice would be to try to avoid going down the Opiate route. Or the Benzo route for that matter (I know you didn't actually mention Benzo's) As they have the power to reel you in and mess you up before you even realise you've been reeled in.

Safe ;)

Dont listen to pete and not take opiates. Youll be missing out on one of the greatest feelings youll experiance just use will power

Justtakethat- it's not really okay to tell someone whos fairly opiate nieve they should take opiates because they are "the greatest feeling" on a harm reduction site. And I've been reading a lot of your posts and I can't figure out if you're trolling half the time or you're just kind of a dick. Either way man maybe try approaching you're interactions with people differently. Not telling you how to act but Damn you contradict yourself a lot and people who need help don't need that shit. IMO it's a really fuckin bad idea for the OP to take any opis considering he already said he doesn't feel shit from them. What if he keeps eating them trying to get one of the "greatest feelings" and has an overdose because he can't feel how fucked up he is. I'm just sayin man think a little more before posting that stuff. If this was a "let's get as fucked as we can" site I'd say hell yeah go for it lol but it's not.

OP I really think you should go get your liver checked. Experimentaling on yourself when you can't even feel what's going on in your body seems sketchy. I mean who knows, you might not get the classic OD symptoms like other people if you're not experiencing the classic "high" symptoms. And instead of getting nauseas, dizzy, and noddy like people before OD you might just drop. I know it sounds crazy and unlikely, but so does not being able to feel ANY drug you've tried.

Hope I don't sound like a prude. I'm all for altering my state of mind, but in a safe manner. And what you're dealing with changes things a bit. good luck man I hope you figure things out.

OP I really think you should go get your liver checked.
This.^ If you got insurance get an LFT (liver function test) and see if you can get the old kidneys checked out too. Hepatic and renal are the two main channels responsible for medication absorption/metabolization as well as eliminating harmful toxins. You may even discover an underlying medical condition in regards to these organs. Hell, go for a full metabolic panel if you can. Might give you some insight into your issues.

MDMA is the only drug that fits the behavioral profile you see in the movies