Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So Who Likes Benzos? Ver III: Blackouts and Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that is a personal pet hate of mine that I have picked up from pharmacology books. Potency is really only an advantage when doses were problematic to being with; in drug design it's obviously better if you can reduce dosage from 1 gram to 10mg and even then altering things like half-life and excretion rate can be more advantageous.

Potency even becomes a disadvantage when you get into the ballpark of crazily potent fentanyl analogues; something that is highly active in the low micrograms is something a lot harder to work with. Hence why drugs like these are still mostly only in the realm of RnD guys with too much time on their hands (and certain BL'ers ;)).

Also sorry I am terrible with getting on MSN. :(

I agree with M_B, benzo (and opiates for that matter), cannot really defined as one more "potent" then the other "potent". It's alot more complicated then that.

(when will ya be on online for a chat anyway M_B!!) ;)

Fair enough I see what you're saying, but I would say that heroin or fentanyl are both more 'potent' than codeine, for arguments sake. My main point was they (alprazolam and temazepam) are completely different, not really comparable in terms of effects produced.

^ Sorry brother, I didn't mean it as a post against you. And you are right, the major differences between them are the effects they produce, not potency. Even with drugs like fentanyl, heroin and codeine the effects they produce are different and, I would argue, of greater importance then their potencies. Even if fentanyl was the least potent opioid on the planet and you had to eat a kilo of it to make it work, it still does not seem to me as euphoric as morphine and definitely has much less a histamine reaction then either morphine or codeine. :)

However, it does kinda irk me when people say, promethazine "potentiates" codeine. Or let say benzos "potentiates" opiates. No, they technically don't.

That's what's M_B is getting on about I think right? :)

Blonde, I think this is is a bad idea.

Doctors are currently restricting the amount of benzodiazepines that are prescribed.

Delete this thread Blondey.

Even with drugs like fentanyl, heroin and .codeine the effects they produce are different and, I would argue, of greater importance then their potencies.

I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on that one mate, i know just ine ADD (so I guess a simple explanation like your is sufficient but....)

You've also got the incducition types , dependings on the isomers (I think figgrtrnt isomers == different effects).

I'm doing M_B trick but - now very now that's why one of the main reason are a lot safter (think DL50%)d

I(Iwhich coincidently [afaik] makes benzio afer the ntypes such GBLT and ion-sodium channels, affinities, efficiencies. etc et :)

80mg DXM (spaced out 40mg 45 beforehand and 40 when taking the codeine) Done a CEW let it sit, striahgth, you know the deal (well I hope so byu now),

Long story stort, I misrtead M_B's most and I agreed that regarding potencey you can't A==B.

In this case of benozs a lot of things come into play - physi8cal differences, MOA, action potentia ls (such as ion-sodium channels, or G protein-gated ion channel [ whicvh my memory most/all opiate ise)

Not to mention subjects such as affinities, efficiencies, symptoms all play a role in which product your prescribed.

Do in sence I was agree M_B, I just mids-read into a complicated question then is actually waa. Sorry M_B. lol

Last edited:
Did anyone find that after phnazepam they'er use with this substance had quite negative hearing loss (left in mine), extreme memory relapsed although this could just be me since my memory so shocking[/], and scarily *HUGH* amnesic affect@ and probably a few more symptoms I can't remember in this start at time?

Oh, however all these symptoms seemed to have cleaned themselves up after about 2 to 3 weeks i t's final use.
'm glad I tried it, but doubt full I'd get it again. Nice to have ticked it is my "drug bucket="-list though . :)

Anyone hand any other similart/odd experience with these results?

Regarding potency, I agree with what has been said to a degree, but in a certain way, benzos like the triazolo- benzos (alprazolam, triazolam) are really very quick-acting and potent in general, not just because a low dose is required. This category of drug is potent in the sense of being quickly absorbed, reaching peak levels quickly, being very potent in effects, as well as requiring a low dose relative to other benzos. These benzos also require lower relative amounts for overdose IIRC.

I do agree that regarding intoxication, taking more of a weaker benzo generally gives similar effects to taking less of a stronger benzo.

lol tyrael you need a translator at this time of night/morning :p

ive never really played with benzos other than xanax, and even then rarely for fun.
there has been some good comments mentioned in here that i think are spot on.

i'm attempting to reduce my benzo use to only 1-2mg a few times a week at most and then less again in the future.
im at the point where i'm not achieving the effects that that the drug is 'designed' for.

i would love to be able to get by on a few valium or some clonazepam occasionally but i'll need to reduce my tolerance before even thinking bout that :(

sorry if this post is a bit sloppy, im fair mashed atm lol

Was on codeine I was dumbed down a lil. Lol.

Hey Pegasus, the use the word "potentiator" is terrible in here really (strictly speaking) Lol.

I know it greats on M_B. The word just gets thrown around so much it's quite funny. If you're in this thread, take the word with a pinch of sal.

Thanks for all the information guys, haven't had a chance to test them just had another xanax weekend =D

What dosage would people recommend with Oxy 80mgs? Should i be taking these in quarts to begin with after stripping it?

That depends on your tolerance to opiates, it's also not really suited to this thread. 20mg should work well for an opiate naive person, but be careful about mixing CNS depressants like benzos, opiates and alcohol for example. You can always take more but you can't take less.

Also, I hope you're aware of the dangers of both addiction and withdrawal from benzos and opiates.

Status
Not open for further replies.