• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

SO Photography Contest Discussion!!

How about "photographer's choice" for a theme? :)

Done, BA. :)

Next theme: Civilisation [November 11 - November 17]
followed by Fire [November 18 - November 24]
followed by Rust [November 25 - December 01]
followed by Graffiti [December 02 - December 08]
followed by Photographer's Choice [December 09 - December 15]

If this list keeps getting longer, soon enough you'll be able to trade your spots among each other for money or sexual favours. LOL

how about an alcohol theme?
im pretty sure thats global :D

Can we do a "holiday" theme? Christmas...Chanukah....etc. LOTS of ways for this to be interpreted!

I mentioned a "flowers" theme when 2-D did it. I don't think we've done that one yet and flowers are so prettttyyyyyyyy. :)

Sorry, AR, my bad. I think I remember mentioning something to the effect that we'd have to do that one twice a year... and then I completely forgot about it. *spanks self*

Flowers
Alcohol
Holidays (or Holiday Festivities?)

... to be added.

I'm comfortable with leaving "Alcohol" as it is. Hopefully we won't have a flood of drunken hurling photos. Suggestions are welcome though.

With respect to "Holidays", is everyone comfortable with that, or do we need to get more specific? I'll try to remember to add a clear hint that it's not the vacation type of holidays when the time comes.

I think if it is more specific it might leave some holidays out. For instance Christmas is a major one...but what about Chanukah, on its own there probably wouldnt be many but someone might be able to submit during the "holidays".

I also think Winter should be a theme! Snowboarding, skiing, snow, ice...sooo many options :D

Winter should definitely be done, as part of the Seasons series, I agree!

So this one is 'Winter', and then we have:

SA said:
followed by: Fog [January 20 - January 26]
followed by: Ice [January 27 - February 02]
hmmm... too similar, maybe? :\

Not necessarily. I know that it almost never fogs where I live. Lots of ice though. Maybe a more colourful round should be added after those though.

Maybe something a bit more broad. Like urban. Or silence.

Wow. And here I thought Cityscapes was already done. I have to post an updated list of done themes (in the next couple of days).

Keep the good suggestions coming, please. Thanks.

I couldn't find it with a search. I also reviewed all the past contests and didn't see it there either, unless I missed it.

No no, not doubting you, pennywise. I just thought to myself that we'd already done it. Obviously, I was wrong. i.e. it wasn't a cynical "wow" :)

i was thinking maybe something along the lines of "ugly" or "broken"

i need to start suggesting themes that i already have ideas for. :D