• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

So, I guess opioids isn't really for me.

SaciPerere

Bluelighter
I did a plethora of drugs before, but I had never done opioids, so I go to this dodgy doctor and I pay him to prescribe me with some 10mg oxis. For 2 days I take them as prescribed, one after breakfast and the other before I go to bed, nothing happens, except the quality of my sleep increases a little. So me being the incorrigible junkie that I am, I quickly triple my dose, taking 30mg and 30mg... after about 24 hours later I start feeling reaaaaly sleepy and dizzy, I drive to the gas station and I almost hit my car twice. Then I finally do the unthinkable and take a single 60mg dose... I begin to feel super weak, like, I can't even walk to the kitchen and grab a glass of water.

Is this normal for opioids? I didn't even feel anything mildly euphorical as I read I would. I believe I can repeat having these same effect by mixing weed with Xanax.

Some people don't really "get" opioids, but the negative effects you describe sound like what would happen if you take a little too much. Chalk it up to a win, because if you love opioids, it is really hard not to get addicted, and when you get addicted, it is hell that can last a lifetime.

Yes, opioids make you feel sleepy. The euphoria is in that sense of relaxation and so on.
If you take too much you'll feel dizzy and nauseous.

Opioids aren't enjoyable to everyone however they can become an acquired taste for those who didn't like them initially.

Cognitive euphoria from opioids seems to be more pronounced in those who are naturally tense, edgy, or just generally tortured individuals to whom it provides some anxiolytic relief. Everyone experiences the body high however, but given the accompanying nausea and sedation, the body high alone may not seem so great.

As one of those existentially tortured individuals i have found great comfort in opioids (of course only to find more pain and torture eventually as a result).

While the body high is easy to explain, the cognitive euphoria of opioids is hard to explain. Its a sort of motivating feeling that comes as a product of the calming and soothing effect, like, "i got this, let's go do this" yet meanwhile your eyes are half open and you're scratching all over.

For someone like me, who is always kind of physically uncomfortable, a little on edge, not a good sleeper, and plagued with the notion that this is all hopeless and we are all going to die, opioids can be tremendously comforting However the effect is temporary, and requires endlessly increasing doses. Even at 380mg/day of methadone plus IV fentanyl and tar heroin i found it to be a black hole, it was never enough.

They make me sick never enjoyed the high hence never hooked despite having access well the pills do but I had big time euphoria if not horrendous itching far worse than kratom when I was first offered oxycontin in like high school at my second cousin's house and his cousin my cousin eventually OD'Dead on heroin laced with fentanyl (junkie recently told me about hotbags outside a grocery store randomly said dealers will give someone one when they don't want them around no more for some reason) the one time I snorted morphine in a crackhouse I felt awesome until I woke up the next morning sober and realized I don't want to be a guy who goes into a crackhouse ever again.

In the ER the ones they give me through tubes of mercy make me feel safer speaking of stay safe what do you need or want them for?

Last edited:
I did a plethora of drugs before, but I had never done opioids, so I go to this dodgy doctor and I pay him to prescribe me with some 10mg oxis. For 2 days I take them as prescribed, one after breakfast and the other before I go to bed, nothing happens, except the quality of my sleep increases a little. So me being the incorrigible junkie that I am, I quickly triple my dose, taking 30mg and 30mg... after about 24 hours later I start feeling reaaaaly sleepy and dizzy, I drive to the gas station and I almost hit my car twice. Then I finally do the unthinkable and take a single 60mg dose... I begin to feel super weak, like, I can't even walk to the kitchen and grab a glass of water.

Is this normal for opioids? I didn't even feel anything mildly euphorical as I read I would. I believe I can repeat having these same effect by mixing weed with Xanax.
you Should be careful using Oxys at them doses with little tolerance , mixing Xanax with them may affect your memory / mental function and you may redose by accident cause you can’t remember

Yes, opioids make you feel sleepy. The euphoria is in that sense of relaxation and so on.
If you take too much you'll feel dizzy and nauseous.
Oddly I use until I feel dizzy and nauseous…I always would tell myself why am I even using this shit it like I’m just giving myself a headache it be much cheaper to spin around in circles to get dizzy

Opioids aren't enjoyable to everyone however they can become an acquired taste for those who didn't like them initially.

Cognitive euphoria from opioids seems to be more pronounced in those who are naturally tense, edgy, or just generally tortured individuals to whom it provides some anxiolytic relief. Everyone experiences the body high however, but given the accompanying nausea and sedation, the body high alone may not seem so great.

As one of those existentially tortured individuals i have found great comfort in opioids (of course only to find more pain and torture eventually as a result).

While the body high is easy to explain, the cognitive euphoria of opioids is hard to explain. Its a sort of motivating feeling that comes as a product of the calming and soothing effect, like, "i got this, let's go do this" yet meanwhile your eyes are half open and you're scratching all over.

For someone like me, who is always kind of physically uncomfortable, a little on edge, not a good sleeper, and plagued with the notion that this is all hopeless and we are all going to die, opioids can be tremendously comforting However the effect is temporary, and requires endlessly increasing doses. Even at 380mg/day of methadone plus IV fentanyl and tar heroin i found it to be a black hole, it was never enough.
Excellent post that describes opies to a T.

For someone like me, who is always kind of physically uncomfortable, a little on edge, not a good sleeper, and plagued with the notion that this is all hopeless and we are all going to die, opioids can be tremendously comforting However the effect is temporary, and requires endlessly increasing doses. Even at 380mg/day of methadone plus IV fentanyl and tar heroin i found it to be a black hole, it was never ake out? Or can we at least touch or something damn??
Hey...do you wanna make out and stuff?? I will not tell if you don't lol

You make more sense then anyone Ive ever seen in my life. If you don't stop Ill have to eventually just jump in your pocket.

Sorry lol just tell your girlfriend that I am crazy haha

Not everyone gets the euphoric effects.
Quite a few people respond more with nausea.
(fun fact : you have opiod receptors not just in your brain but in your gut, too.)

The only effect that absolutely EVERYONE gets from them is the sedation. So it is entirely possible to take a bit, not experience the expected euphoria, take more thinking at some point / with a certain amount you'll get there, and merely end up incredibly (or even dangerously) sedated. Also some individuals are specially sensitive to the sedating effects.
So no, nothing out of the ordinary there.

PS I'm that way with stimulants. I keep trying them in the hopes of getting that incredibly energized, 'top - of - the - world' feeling all those stimulant enthusiasts seem to be experiencing ; but so far all that's ever happened to ME is being wired in a DECIDEDLY unpleasant, paranoid, jittery, on the verge of a panic attack way. I think I maybe ought to stop trying to force it. XD

It CAN happen with opiates that you get sick the first few times and THEN your body starts to react differently and you experience the response that you're after.
(This was me when I started on pure opium, for example.)

But simply put, if you've tried a drug - ANY drug - more than say 5 or 6 times and 'it' is still not happening for you, then go try something else because that's an indicator your individual biochemistry isn't compatible with that type of drug, and it will never give you what you're looking for in it.