• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorting Ambien

Status
Not open for further replies.
One night I accidentally took 300mg and didn't even realize it! I remember taking 7 of them and then the rest of the night vanished before my eyes! I ate my WHOLE script the same day I got them! Trust me, I didn't mean to do it and I am thankful my wife was with me or something bad could have happened!

As far as snorting them... I don't really feel the burn for more than 3 seconds but I get more of the effect from eating them. I tried subling but my whole mouth when numb and sorta burn a little bit! I have been on these for years and I def prefer eating them!

IV zolpidem is wierd. It just makes me giggle for a hot minute, then NOTHING. Sober. Or, at least I feel that way :p

IV zolpidem made my chair grow legs and start walking like a spider, then I fell asleep. Then I woke up and lots of pills were missing, must have been that darn chair that ate them :p

If I take a double dose and stay up, I find myself waving my hands in front of my monitor when the screen saver comes on and giggle a lot. I'm a week off of opiates and feeling good at this point - BUT - I have been taking my 12.5mg Ambien CR (sometimes two) along with klonopin to sleep and I woke up the other morning (clears throat 1:30 PM) to find that in the middle of the night (I assume) I had eaten an entire jar of gummy one a day vitamins. Can't keep those around in my room I suppose :/

almost everyone I talked to in my life time, and on bluelight swear that you hallucinate if u take ambien and stay awake. I once took at least 9 once. I blacked out over 3 pills, and took the rest. my mother said I was delirious and was begging to have a pool party and take a bath. so I guess I did hallucinate but I can never be conscious to remember and feel it, black out. I received 7 ambien today, usually in detox ,when I take 1 pill, I get real goofy like benzos, but a weird uncomfortable goofy feeling sometimes but its mostly warm and fuzzy, never snorted it, I IVed my girl a ambien once, and she lost her breath, and scared the hell out of me that something real bad is going to . after 10 sec she caught her breath and said WOW im fine the rush was intense , so idk..I think everyones body is different. . I only really hallucinate during benzo withdrawl, or staying up 3 days in a row tweaked on addys, and Ativan, and seeing the curtains move, or hearing a song being played, and looking all over the house for a radio playing it. but I never had good visual hallucinations from drugs, mushrooms just made me laugh my ass off on weed, and feeling real speedy, but nothing like I hear everyone say "smelling colors, seeing music pay. tunes come out of radio speaker, the walls melting" I could never get into that before! like everyonbe else has

Well the problem is that there is a very small period between hallucinating consciously and then progressing to the unconscious hallucinating phase and by that i mean where you might still be awake but not storing any memory of your experience for you to recall later.

I have tons of experiences family and friends have told me about where i was clearly doing crazy shit and seeing things or speaking to people not there that i have zero memory of including times where i remember going to sleep and my next memory is suddenly being at a friends house the next day doing whatever with zero memory of how i got there.

And i dont mean the typical patchy disorganized drunken memory but the pure blackout wtf did i do and how did i get here shit.

With regards to the hallucinations you can remember, its not really like hallucination type drugs but a different type where shadows and things take the shapes of faces etc, but not really visually, but rather you brain interprets a shadow as a face instead of the shadow actually visual looking like a face, if that makes sense. Its more mental interpretation type hallucination then a visual one.

There is some visua shit however, as i always see smoke and stuff everywhere like wispy smoke and stuff floating around all the time. It reminds me of pre psychosis meth type hallucinations.

I would eat like 10 tabs a night though and almost died from an OD after going to hospital. This shit is simply nasty and should be avoided.

Last edited:
I am prescribed the ambien 12.5 CR; my first few times taking (orally) I def. hallucinated and had some fun times. I always chewed to take off the time release but never considered shooting of snorting. I read alot about these and always see/hear that eating them will bring the same. For a while I took them regularly, chasing that 1st dose and usually maxing out at 25mg. Lately I have cut down and taking once a week if that, just to sleep. After reading this thread here ill be sure to try 25MG tonight and lick off the time release and see what happens. hell, maybe ill even snort since ive read a few of you have in the past w/ good results. then again, I do realize this is NOT THE WAY TO GO but hey, im bored, im looking for something new, so maybe, just maybe ill give it a shot!

anyone have any GOOD stories w/ the 12.5's? seems most of you have taken the 10's and thats where the stories have come from. for those w/ the 12.5's are you taking off the time release? doing that will bring me back to my old school oxy days w/ the whole removal of time release. havent had to do that in years and years.

tell me the BEST WAY w/ the 12.5s. i have plenty but want to give it my best shot round 1.

just threw down 25MG of the blue time release. of course I took off the time release and chewed both up before swallowing. it's been about 15 mins so far and nothing. just been sitting here on the forums feeling a little light headed but thats about it. first time taking these in over 2 week so hopefully something good is to come. if this doenst work then maybe, just maybeeeeee, next till ill try the sniff. even tho I seem to think it would be the same, if not worse.

Oral works just fine, to be honest, the bioavailability is good. It actually seems to work best oral, in terms of any good effects.

First time I dosed a CR I was bumping in to the walls. Hypnotic tolerance builds fast, tho, it would seem. Be careful with these tho, blackouts suck.

well, the 25MG last night lead to a semi blackout but also a pass out where not much happened. i remember taking the ambien, reading the board, etc, but dont remember trying to fck my GF (she told me this morning) and talking foolish soon after. either way I was sleeping within and hour and woke up this morning just groggy.

funny cuz I came back to this board just to post an update and I saw I said I may sniff if the 25MG by mouth didnt work; well guess what? I just sniffed 12.5. DEF DIDNT BURN like many say but the taste is EH; this coming from a dope fiend so any taste besides dope is EH to me at this point. hopefully me taking this 12.5 down/sniffing will make me feel OK/GOOD/GOOFY/WEIRD, whatever to keep me away from the dope. i just kicked the dope recently (although I have done since) but the withdrawals are not even close what they once were although the urge is still there. maybe taking back this 12.5 will keep my mind elsewhere.

btw- I already feel the immediate effects. even writing this seems a bit different. not sure exactly what to say but def. feel "different".

may have a glass of wine just to relax on this lovely/boring/dopeless Sunday.

Just chew it up and chill. burns like hell and is an unpleasant drip. If you don't take Ambien often it is a good hallucinogen, extremely good visuals when u take about 40 to 50mg every now and then. I take it too much and use it as substitute for benzos when I run out, and I enjoy just chewing it up. great and relaxing to take and watch and movie.

did shit for me last night and today. i am done w/ it. back to using it when i NEED it rather than trying to hallucinate. i even snored a 12.5 today around 10AM and then went to my drug of choice around 2PM. was shocked when i read this post because although i have tripped on this before, maybe when I first took it, i have not tripped or even tried to trip from this in over a year or so. eating/sniffing, same deal. prob. better off eating. i snorted for first time and felt zippo. taste was EH. everyone was saying terrible but if youre a sniffer, i am sure you snorted worse. my advice? listen to the rest of the board and the people who know. i am not a daily use of this drug, not even weekly, but just tried 25MG's and then 12.5MG's not many hours later and nothing came from it. i am putting these back in the cabinet and will used when absolutely needed.

They go well with a benzo
I know people use them as downers but I find the drug itself to have a rather panicking comedown... don't know why
even at the dose of 10mg
just pop a light benzo an hour or 2 hours before, a really tiny amount should do the trick, you'll have a really intense feeling of well being and fall asleep rather easily

dreams will still rape your mind and you might wake up with a swollen bump somewhere on your head but hey...

i stepped away from benzos a few months ago. although the dope never scared me the thought of benzo withdrawal scares me, somehow. i was prescribed 90 .5's a mo for my anxiety after coming off a TERRIBLE year w/ TERRIBLE things happening to me (drugs aside). picked up the script and used to flip more than i'd take. then realized i need to completely step away before it brought on more bad than good, considering i already had enough problems. somehow was able to completely step aside. pat on the back for me. benzos never did it for me; nothing did except for opiates. sad.

Ah! thia is my first post and i'm gonna just go for it. so far a 5th of whiskey some ciggarettes' and this little doosey ambien are in to my systyem. Everybody is talkin ab0ut burn. I insuffulated 30mg and i'm good. not really a burn, more of a slight discomfort.
that only lasts about 2 mins. This is my first dabble into ambien and so far I feel more drunk than anything. No hallucenations or weird feelings. I almost feel dumb lol, I get so distracted from things. even the ripple on my wall is trying to tell me something more impotant than what i'm trying to say. tHINKING about doing another just to see where it'll take me.. Any ideas?

zolpidem is a shit drug, and it doesn't get better when one snorts it.

Zolpidem is actually one of my favorite drugs in my aresenal of favorites. It's a unique and fun high forshure. Once you realize you aren't sober and you start to feel slow and morph with time, you know your getting messed up. The rush is the best part. Shame you won't open yourself up to this wonderful drug.
empty stomach = gets you somewhat fucked up
Snorting = game over with quicker onset
However orally is still pretty fast. I can feel it within 10 minutes.

i stepped away from benzos a few months ago. although the dope never scared me the thought of benzo withdrawal scares me, somehow. i was prescribed 90 .5's a mo for my anxiety after coming off a TERRIBLE year w/ TERRIBLE things happening to me (drugs aside). picked up the script and used to flip more than i'd take. then realized i need to completely step away before it brought on more bad than good, considering i already had enough problems. somehow was able to completely step aside. pat on the back for me. benzos never did it for me; nothing did except for opiates. sad.

wow, pretty cool this got bumped and I got to see some of my posts when I was still a raging dope fiend; here I am almost 5 months later and clean now. ha. who would have thought. I was probably jammed outta my mind when I wrote this post back then. god bless.

Zolpidem is actually one of my favorite drugs in my aresenal of favorites. It's a unique and fun high forshure. Once you realize you aren't sober and you start to feel slow and morph with time, you know your getting messed up. The rush is the best part. Shame you won't open yourself up to this wonderful drug.
empty stomach = gets you somewhat fucked up
Snorting = game over with quicker onset
However orally is still pretty fast. I can feel it within 10 minutes.

Doses you take?

Is there a better sleep aid that has recreational effects?

As someone who felt no effects with the 10mg ambien I was prescribed by taking it orally, and as someone who is a fan of snorting things, I figured railing it was the way to go. Tried for the first time last night and thought the burn would be horrible from what people said. Honestly, it was so minor I wouldn't even call it a burn. I think the people who find that it burns are either not crushing it finely enough or they aren't taking off the coating. Taking off the coating can be a real tedious bitch, I know. That's why you load a bowl and get a little ganja in your system so you're ready to pick all that shit out haha.
I bumped 5mg and laid down thinking I would get the rush pretty quick. I felt nothing more than lethargic as I would have if it had worked correctly when I took it orally. After probably 30 minutes, I cracked open another 5mg and proceeded to wait again for the rush. After 5 minutes, this is the experience I typed up as it happened:

Am I the only one who can see gifs out of still images while high?
I first saw 3 vacuums in my living room, but it turned out to only be a pug. Then aliens started shining their beams down through the pot lights in my ceiling. Then a transparent wall was put up between these aliens and me, but the wall was made up of alien faces. And I’m hearing a news broadcast that’s dubstep style, but no tvs are on in my house. The broadcast kept saying ‘stop looking at me’ ‘stop looking!’

And that was last night's trip. I went to bed soon after, feeling very pleased with the experience. And can I say, I haven't slept entirely through the night in 7-8 years. Last night was the FIRST night that happened. I woke up today feeling like a million bucks, like I could get so much done, my body felt renewed.

And I just railed 5mg, still the same feeling as the first 5mg of last night. Maybe not as lethargic, just very relaxed. I'd suggest 5mg if you want just a chill high like you get from a few benzos. But get the full 10mg if you want a trip. Which I am about to do...:)

Final note- I think the craziness of the trip depends on what you want. I can sit here and say I want to have a normal conversation with a friend and will do it, but if I lay down and want to trip, I will. It's definitely a 'choose your own adventure' kinda thing. And everybody loves those.

Status
Not open for further replies.