• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking weed with a head cold and cough?

I like smoking while I'm sick. It helps me to sleep and makes me feel a little bit better if I don't have any medicine. If you have a sore throat and the weed is too harsh I suggest using a bong with iced water. Its soothing. :) I hate when I'm sick and I can't hold my hit in for very long without coughing it all out. That's the only thing that peeves me about smoking with a cold.

This is sort of off topic but you know what I've noticed about sick stoners? Most people never refuse the pipe even when someone says that they're sick so if one person in your group is sick, a few weeks later, every one is.

i found that when i have a cold, and i continue smoking like i normally do (up to three joints a day), the time i stay sick is prolonged. sometimeit takes nearly a month for me to get better. consuming weed weakens your immune system, at least thats what the director of the institute of immunology at our uni said. as far as symptoms go, sometimes i do feel it can clear up my nose and throat, but this effect is of short duration. i recently changed my smoking habits and apart from smoking a lot less in general i dont smoke when i have a cold. my recovery period shortened dramatically.

This is sort of off topic but you know what I've noticed about sick stoners? Most people never refuse the pipe even when someone says that they're sick so if one person in your group is sick, a few weeks later, every one is.

Hell yah I've noticed it. People will be sick as fuck but for some reason its considered rude to leave them out. If your sick bring your own weed and bowl or don't smoke.

And to the OP I always smoke when sick. I would rather get high and take a nap than sit there and be miserable. If I feel I need to cough then I buy some OC and that'll clear me up good.

Just thought I'd let people know I'm finally not sick - I'd guess (and have zero science, but pure experience) that smoking at a slightly slower pace did greatly slow my congestion healing. It had been about 4 days of not being sick, but still being extremely congested. I finally woke up today after taking a full break and I woke up and coughed up a whole lotta PND and congestion... promptly smoked a blunt without coughing at all, so the break obviously helped ;P Just thought I'd provide the update since I've been bitching about it earlier, and advise taking a small break after the peak of your being sick to avoid something awful like extended congestion. Common sense prevails again.

As to leaving people out when they are sick on blunts: why do you think I get sick so often? If any of my housemates is sick, they are in on my blunt unless they are kind enough to strongly suggest I don't let them.

I always smoke when I'm sick. When I first come down, it KILLS me, because cannabis lowers your immune system. But then the next day I usually feel a lot better. I guess its all a matter of the sickness and opinion. If you feel like getting high, go ahead.

Use a vape. You don't get any carbon dioxide/nasty ash particles this way. It's incredibly smooth, like a sauna of marijuana smoke, turns marijuana into the best cold medicine ever

I have heard that thc opens your synuses or something like that (could just be a rumour) but personally I wouldn't smoke large amounts constantly while unwell as it does lower your immune system a lot but it is a great painkiller and will probably put you in a generally happier mood :)

Right now I have a sore throat from coughing so much, and a cold.
I have been smoking everyday even though I'm sick, it usually irritates my throat more and I cough a lot, but I usually feel better once the episode is over.
I Also feel bad for the people I've smoked with in the past few days, I hope I didn't get them sick lol, always somthing to keep in mind ;).
I find it helps me sleep better at night when I'm sick too. A bowl before bed with nyquil allows me to sleep good all night and not wake up till morning.
I personally think it's worth it, but everyone's different.

last time I got really sick with a bad cough I ended up smoking like 4 or 5 grams in a couple of hours 2 days in a row

ever since then my lungs have been REALLY fucked up, and Ive been coughing up all sorts of shit, and I still have a pretty bad cough, its been like a month :\

SOULUTIONS

Sinus Pressure ~ When you take a hit, breath out of your nose. All the smoke will rush out of there and clear shit up for a while.

Chest Congestion Or Coughing ~ *Not Recommended to smoke when you have a cough. Its your choice it can go either way for you. Fix your lungs or Fuck them up even more

Headache ~ Smoke that SHIT! Helps so much with a ache. Can feel like shit after the effects were off

ThrowinUp,CommonColdw/Asthma, Or Severe Flu. Weed should not be a OPTION. Can lead to further problems and tyour symptoms will not reside.

***********IF YOUR HARDCORE THAN YOU COULD JUST FUCK ALL OF THIS SHIT ^^^^^ **************

I usually vape when I have a head cold. I also prefer to smoke out of bongs. Also space out your hits atleast 20 minutes if you can.... Weed and nyquil will put you on tilt so don't be afraid to give it a go.

If you have a bong with an ice catcher use warm water 180 degrees or less... and some ice in the ice catcher. This will give you some smooth rips.

I do personally. I find smoking weed with a cold helps with the aches+pains, also gives me more motivation to do stuff other than sitting in a pool of self-pity due to me being sick. The downside is even the SMALLEST of hoots will make me cough my ass off, and after a bowl my throat is insanely pooched.

my rule is if i have a sore throat and it's not too bad i'll hit an ice bong then have a strepsil. if it's a really bad sore through with coughing i won't risk it.

getting high when you're ill really helps imo, it turns a day of feeling like shit into a day of being high. also makes it easier to sleep.

Hey guys....Im dreadfull when sick...i will smoke no matter how bad...Even with bronchitis!...I am 37 have been smoking near daily for 25 years...I remember some of that skunk used to tear my throat out. I didnt give a toss about cigs, at all. I can give them up completely while sick, but not the weed...Mind you it hurts like fuck, and i hate that part, but i dont care, i want the high.
When i was 15yrs i lived with a very dominating bloke who had an "Always pull policy"...If you didnt pull a cone you would be left out the rest of the session...STUPID!!! I know...But i was only little and let him control me...Saying that , it was a "Policy" everyone who entered our house had to conform to...not jist me...But we lived in the southern highlands and it was fucking freezing and i always had a cold/flu....Ohh the pain of my throat being ripped out!!! What an idiot i was!!!
I havent been sick for 5 years now (touch wood)...

I had an ex tell me that smoking weed stimulates your T cells....which helps you get better....but I'm not sure that had any merit...he could've just been BS'ing me...lol

Sick as fuck and with a sore throat, i'll still smoke. Though if i'm sharing my friends may not appreciate it 8)