• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking weed everyday?

Slowmymind

Greenlighter
For the last 7-8 months now, swim has found himself smoking weed every night after work. Swim doesn't think it has had much of a negative impact on swims life, but he wonders if this could cause any serious problems down the track, in terms of metal health, personal/professional problems etc. Swim smokes because he is bored with life currently and is using it to ease mild depression, as well as bringing back some wonder in the universe he once felt. So can swim eep this up? Or would moderating more be a wiser decision?

Heeey heeey heeeey heeeeyyyyyy, smoke weed err'eday!

No, but in all seriousness, it's kind of a question you have to answer for yourself. If you feel that it's negatively impacting your life then take a break. If life is going well for you and you get enjoyment from smoking weed, and it's not having a noticeably bad effect on your life, then why not? Personally I've smoked weed more-or-less every day for the past 7-8 years and I never plan on stopping. It's the only drug I can really say that for...as far as the benefits-to-the-user/risk-of-using ratio goes, I think it's superior to just about any other substance...

With that being said, if weed ever did turn against me, I would probably quit or at least take a significant break.

Welcome to the site, I have moved your question to the relevant section.

Please do not 'swim' it is not required on the site, offers you no legal protection and you will only end up with soggy weed.

Bear

Heeey heeey heeeey heeeeyyyyyy, smoke weed err'eday!

No, but in all seriousness, it's kind of a question you have to answer for yourself. If you feel that it's negatively impacting your life then take a break. If life is going well for you and you get enjoyment from smoking weed, and it's not having a noticeably bad effect on your life, then why not? Personally I've smoked weed more-or-less every day for the past 7-8 years and I never plan on stopping. It's the only drug I can really say that for...as far as the benefits-to-the-user/risk-of-using ratio goes, I think it's superior to just about any other substance...

With that being said, if weed ever did turn against me, I would probably quit or at least take a significant break.

Same man only thing I notice sometimes is its maybe moderating my mood so much (stopping me being a grouchy cunt) that when I do stop I tend to feel a bit grouchy and pissed off.

Just out of curiosity how much/how many bongs/whatever you smoke a day? I was on over 10 until this week cut to 4 yesterday and still felt a bit pissed.

Currently on average I'd say I smoke two joints a day.

I wish I still had a bong. I've only owned one in my entire life, but it was a pretty nice $100 dollar piece I bought when I was feeling particularly affluent. I would get sooooo ripped smoking out of that thing...until some drunk idiot in my apartment broke it *sigh*

Brutal man. Do you just smoke the joints with straight bud over there or what?

I was smoking in spliffs mixed with tobacco but stopped that bad habit now, along with many others. I think this is probably the healthiest I've ever been with drugs actually lol. Gonna aim to stick to this more reasonable weed comsumption too think since I quit everything else I've been smoking much more

Yeah. I quit smoking cigarettes/tobacco five years ago, around then anyway. One of the few things that I quit and never really looked back...cigarettes are definitely something that you feel an immediate improvement in your health when you stop.

Normally I wouldn't even smoke joints but my parents gave me an ounce of "mids" for my birthday, it's pretty good weed but the high isn't as intense/long-lasting as some of the strains I'm used to smoking around here, so I usually roll it up.

I use cannabis more or less everyday, and I often ask myself the same question as you, OP. I'm yet to notice any adverse affects aside from the fact that my sleep pattern is slightly different everyday (e.g. I just wake up at different times, never that late though).

Personally, I try to keep tolerance down and keep it from interfering in with my day to day life in the following ways:

- I use a decent vaporizer (rather than smoking, which I save for occasional sessions with friends) and use a small amount of weed each time, just a pinch.
- I only ever smoke after everything I need to get done that day is done, and only ever in the evenings after dinner, not during the day.
- I only ever smoke if I have exercised that day, which is most days so weed is pretty much a daily habit. It complements the endorphin release from cardio SO well, feels amazing.
- I have green fingers, so this is not a costly habit by any means. If this was not the case, I would probably be smoking far less regularly.

I guess this could be called 'responsible everyday use' but that's kind of an oxymoron. Obviously less weed is better for you than more weed, but I find that using it as described above has resulted in an improvement to my quality of life; it's also enabled me to cut down my alcohol consumption. If I did start to notice negative side affects I would likely cut down immediately, and I actually take regular fortnight-long breaks - literally just for the sake of it, and to stop tolerance building up I guess. (When I take these breaks I often have 3-4 nights of sub-par sleep and a bit of a relapse in REM sleep. It's almost like all of the dreams weed has stopped me from having get crammed into a couple of nights).

With a healthy lifestyle, I am of the opinion that regular consumption isn't anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be. If I was sitting around each day doing nothing, waking & baking and eating junk it'd probably be a different story entirely.

Keep on toking! =D

Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna keep smoking everyday until there is a reason not to.

Good idea Slowmymind. Burnt Offerings was right, until you perceive negative effects, go for it. I do believe weed has a tolerance but you gotta sit around and smoke all every day all day for it to go up a lot. I don't smoke now cause I gotta pee every month for my pain meds when they should be giving it to me for pain. Anyway, I started when I was 13 and now I'm 40 and I did smoke in August. It never really affected me negatively. Shit will make you lazy, that's a given. I say go with your gut and if your handeling shit and stuff isn't piling up around you then smoke up! Good luck

Weed is a healing herb. It can inspire self reflection, so if you have negative things in your life, weed may reveal them.

You cannot become dependent, but you can fall in love. I smoked all day, everyday, for 5 years. If I woke up during the night, I took a puff and drifted back to sleep. I stopped about 2 months ago, and there were no issues. I just missed the herb as a companion.

Smoking once a day, at night, is a great use of the herb. I applaud your intelligent use.

Weed is a healing herb. It can inspire self reflection, so if you have negative things in your life, weed may reveal them.

You cannot become dependent, but you can fall in love. I smoked all day, everyday, for 5 years. If I woke up during the night, I took a puff and drifted back to sleep. I stopped about 2 months ago, and there were no issues. I just missed the herb as a companion.

Smoking once a day, at night, is a great use of the herb. I applaud your intelligent use.

Thanks for the insight dude. I agree that weed helps you see negativities in your life, the only problem, for me at least, is that it doesn't help me figure out how to solve them.

For the last 7-8 months now, swim has found himself smoking weed every night after work. Swim doesn't think it has had much of a negative impact on swims life, but he wonders if this could cause any serious problems down the track, in terms of metal health, personal/professional problems etc. Swim smokes because he is bored with life currently and is using it to ease mild depression, as well as bringing back some wonder in the universe he once felt. So can swim eep this up? Or would moderating more be a wiser decision?

As long as you keep it to nights only, and don't smoke excessively then it probably won't interfere with your work life. Everyone is different, and as far as mental problems- that can be argued. You will probably have trouble with memory, at least when you are high and possibly slightly so when you are not. Also, you might wake up groggy and feel a little less motivated than normal. Of course, you may not, depending on how it effects you personally. Inhaling any kind of smoke is bad, but if you are taking a few hits a day it's not the end of the world and you won't wake up with lung disease tomorrow.

Obviously, moderation is a smart thing to do. Keep in mind that tolerance will build and the more you smoke the more you will feel the need to smoke. There are those that can moderate their habit and only smoke a few hits a day, and only smoke after work/at night. Of course I know way more people like myself who smoke almost first thing upon waking up and continuously through out the day.

I used to vape hash all day every day basically for a long time, smokin blunts, massive bong rippin, weed trippin madness! im tellin yah, weed is probably only one that is safest drug! well..... IMO at least! im sure many would agree!

honestly tho, as long as bud is benefiting you!!! once it hinders you, change your ways or stop. I wasnt given a choice as my body adapted to the pounds that i had smoked, i stopped getting high!! i got dry mouth, dry and red eyes, munchies, etc, but no high. i got stupid lol, but no high!!!!!! was tragic, so yah, love that weed, love that hash, grab a vape, and rotate 4 blunts and a pipe with all ur buddies in the smokey house! love that shit up!!!! lol just manage ur life and ur good! be safe, be smart, and best of wishes to ya!

weed is extra safe with health! ...physically! just dont slack off too much if you become a hardcore stoner lol! or if your sober life style becomes more problematic, try alternative methods. smoke different times, or for different reasons.

i would journal when high, then return when sober and re-journal in reply and reflection to what i wrote and that helped me resolve issues better.
Or, i would go opposite, and write about everything i could about a mental issue or whatever, when Sober! Then get high, and keep thinking about it and my thinking would change, or my perspective would change, and usually more "outa the box" thoughts would pop up!

....just a few suggestions.

Last edited:
Once I started my benzo prescription, I felt no need to get stoned anymore. While it is still nice to get stoned, I feel the negatives outweigh the positives. Just makes me sleepy, eat a ton, unmotivated... no bueno.

Just an afterthought, munchies is probably the worst thing about weed for your health if you're weak willed... It's fun to give in sometimes but I always feel like shit the next morning if I overate as a result of smoking!

Thanks for the insight dude. I agree that weed helps you see negativities in your life, the only problem, for me at least, is that it doesn't help me figure out how to solve them.

I know what you mean man. This is the question you should ask yourself then.

These negatives weed reveals, will smoking weed hinder your ability to deal with them properly? If so, maybe you need to stop for a bit and see if that helps. But in my case, dealing with negative stuff is difficult either way... Weed just allows me to enjoy the process a little more (or enjoy not dealing with it.... Hmm).

Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna keep smoking everyday until there is a reason not to.
I feel you, I do, but if you're currently not in treatment for depression, you should. Self-medicating with cannabis won't help in the long-term and could even make the depression worse.