• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Smoking Tar heroin with metal pins or rods?

After finding out that opium was basically "dabbed" and not smoked and that opium pipes were like an old school dome and nail in many ways, I googled if people were dabbing black tar.... I found this thread and several other like it that told me, yes, people have done it, and no, its not a total waste- might even be better but generally in conclusive...

I figured it probably couldnt be worse than the foil I was already using (might even be safer) but everyone knows that dope is quite soluable in water, so I built myself a small "mouthpiece" attachment for my nail where the waterpipe usually goes, creating a tiny, water free, "opium pipe" I could use to do ti nail hits of black tar..

I discovered that if taken at a high temp (glowing nail) it is roughly as effective as tin foil.....BUT-if taken slowly at a lower temp, the bioavailability seemed to be greatly raised as the dope seems far more potent and kicks in much harder/faster (for me). My assumption is that I was vaporizing much more of it than I was burning it when dabbed at a lower temperature. this seems to be backed up by a larger amount of crispy burnt cut/residue left behind on the nail when done at a low temp (a taste taste noted no bitter flavor in the remaining residue so opiate content seemed negligible)

This became my new ROA of choice as I do not shoot, have a permanent sinus infection from putting dirty tar-water in my nose, have fucked up intestines that prevent me from absorbing drugs rectally, and am developing lung problems at 26 from 14 years of smoking alot of weird shit.

At first all seemed great....

But now, a few months in, while it is still the best, seemingly safest option, the heat/acidity of the smoke/vapor is taking its toll on my lungs.... I need a way to cool it down and filter some of the bullshit out.

I have three ideas I wanted to run by yall in the BL community...

1: get a digital ph tester and some simple household base, reattach the bubbler part of my dope apperatus and put water in with a ph of exactly 9.1. this is, if Im not mistaken, the ph at which morphine (and I would presume its diacytl counterpart no?) is not at all soluable in water... This would not prevent dope loss from normal cooling and settling in the water/ larger pipe, but could be minimized by using warm/hot water with a 9.1 ph instead of cold, dissolving more cut into the water but also preventing as much condensation of unabsorbed morphine vapor as possible?

2. same question but with oil instead of slightly basic water

3. either of the above two suggestions, or just regular old water, whichever would work best even if it would waste a lot....... but I drink the water afterword or when I'm desperate.... probably would happen even if it wasnt a waste.. any possible health concerns beyond those present from snorting/smoking the same dope?

additionally, using my current waterless setup, can I cook and filter dope as if for a shot/snort and then drip the "cleaned" solution onto a glowing hot ti nail and inhale the steam like a hot nebulizer or will the dope be hydrolized/otherwise destroyed somewhere in this process?

sorry for all the questions in one post, but theyre all so similar I didnt want to have to keep posting "but what about x" after each answer I got

You could always get a micro-rig, and evaporate the water, but I assume the amount dissolved is negligible. That seemed to be the case with using rigs for m-amp.
IMO sling/skillet attachments are more efficient for full-melt bubble hash than nails are. The reason I mention is that since full-melt needs to "sizzle", smoking/vaporizing more slowly than shatter would at the same temp, I have a feeling tar might be better smoked off a skillet.

youreally think the amount of water-soluble heroin lost smoking it through water is negligble?... im gonna try taking a hit with water in my mouth...the old "be your own bong" trick...if anything much is lost ill just swallow it but i should be able to notice a derease in potency if theres a noticeable one....

additionally, using my current waterless setup, can I cook and filter dope as if for a shot/snort and then drip the "cleaned" solution onto a glowing hot ti nail and inhale the steam like a hot nebulizer or will the dope be hydrolized/otherwise destroyed somewhere in this process?

Why not just try that once? You won't lose much and it'll be a big improvement if it does work.

IMO sling/skillet attachments are more efficient for full-melt bubble hash than nails are. The reason I mention is that since full-melt needs to "sizzle", smoking/vaporizing more slowly than shatter would at the same temp, I have a feeling tar might be better smoked off a skillet.

This sounds reasonable too. All this talk makes me want to try tar or opium on my Ti..

I have tried dabbing a cooked "shot" before, but the problem was twofold:

1. I was already high, the only real good test for me is to see if it gets me "well" in the morning or after a long day out (and if it takes more or less to do so)

2. I only have an 18 (19)mm nail, this is, granted, the larger of the two "standard" sizes, but it still cools down fairly fast, especially if im dripping water on it. its impossible to take the same dose of dope per dab before the nail cools as a "dry" hit of dope, and thus i can only compare how the overall feeling per "session", not per hit.

As the result of the both of these factors combined with my having also just used the ti nail for its manufactured purpuse not long before (might have been partially responsible for my decision to get creative with my valuable addictive drugs) I did not get very conclusive test resuts beyond placebo and was hoping BL could tell me if I was dabbing up the wrong tree befor I gave it a go with more.

On a similar note, this morning, noting an opurtunity to try "getting well" to test one of the water-filtery methods we discussed earlier, I said fuck it and just did dabs of dope through my regular old bubbler, figuring it was probably a waste but that it would just end up in the water and turn to morphine I could drink later. It did get me well, but it seemed to take more than ususal (or my tolerance is back up higher than I thought which is possible as a side effect of having enough dope over the weekend that I was willing to potentially lose it in water this morning). The water is browish, and smells nasty, but strangely like I want to save it. I will drink it in the morning before getting well to see how little dope was lost- logic being if i feel something then straight water captures enough opiate per "session" to have a noticable effect on my high/consumption rate

I wish I still had my digital ph thingy from when I used to grow because I hear that the 9.1 thing is pretty rigid so strips won't cut it to try the "slightly basic water" method

Could try dabbing through mct oil instead of water, but I'm running a bit too low to play scientist tomorrow (other than drinking my morphine water, Ill let yall know how that goes) so thats gonna hafta wait..

and Felonious, you should def try some manner of opiates on ti...I had to use foil again today for the first time in a lng while once because I couldnt tote my whole rig to where I had to be and it felt like such a waste- it felt the way rolling a joint with it would have seemed to me when I used to chase the damn dragon around on foil all day. (or like smoking it at all must seem to all my IV friends)

There was def. morphine in that water...how much I cant say because I waited all of 3 mins before consuming everything else in my house that had any heroin on it whatsoever, but def enough that I don't think Ill be doing any hits through water until I can reliably fuck with the ph.

god I wish i could just go buy morphine in a convience store....or even poppy pods at a florist shop. I love getting high and all, but actually having to rely on sketchy black tar as the only available pain medication for very real chronic conditions is bullshit. Finally have a dr. appointment but i fall into this awesome sort of catch-22 where I have to explain how I lived with unliveable pain and nausea for over a decade if I had no healthcare and thus no legal "right" to the treatments I found effective- I can tell a modified version of the truth and call heroin "painkillers", but self medication- even with things I rightfully should have been prescribed if I could have afforded it- is likely to get me "blacklisted" from controlled substances (its happened to numerous friends of mine who made the mistake of being honest with their doctor). If however I say I took nothing, it leads the doctor to the false conclusion that I'm not in too much pain to function when not medicated....then theres the issue of my tolerance but I'll cross that bridge if im fortunate enough to come to it....

sorry that paragraph was so off topic....

in the mean time im gonna see if the good parts of the vapor condense faster or slower than the bad parts to enough of an extent that I can either let some of the cut settle in a chamber before inhaling "purified" vapor or conversely accidently inhale a lung full of mostly cut in the process of figuring out how to condense purified tar on the walls of my pipe....

the "control" in my experimentation is all shot to shit though because I switched "brands" of dope today to this powder-come-tar stuff that seems to only be cut with one thing (heres to figuring out how to reliably remove it)

my dab rig works just fine. no water & lightly heat it and i suggest taking smaller rips so you don't lose any smoke.

They make bowl pieces for hash with the holes on the sides instead of at the bottom. Using one of these in a bong and a glass rod heated w/ a torch will get you high as fuck. You'd be burning some of it but you get such a good feeling off one decent hit that its worth it. I wouldn't hot knife it though, it's worth an investment if you're looking to feel more from a hit but don't want to IV.