• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Smoking Tar heroin with metal pins or rods?

livethroughthis

Greenlighter
i've explained this to a few people and everyone looks at me like i'm either making it up or completely fucking nuts.
the last time i smoked tar, was with a friend and her method was one which i, nor anyone else to whom i attempt to explain it, have not seen or heard of.
she put a little piece of the tar onto a small metal rod and and then took another metal thin metal rod, heated it in the flame on the stove and then gently touched the rod to the tar attached to the other respective rod, creating the smoke which we then inhaled through a straw.
does anyone else use this as method of smoking tar or have any opinion/information regarding whether or not this is more or less favourable than using foil?
is there a specific term for this method of ingestion?

It is a common method of smoking opium in India and surrounding areas.

I can't really comment right now on advantages or disadvantages compared to chasing on foil. I'll have to consider this for a while and come back to you. :)

I've used this method to smoke hash, we call it hot knives. I don't think you're supposed to apply direct heat to heroin, or black tar heroin.

In either case, I'm sending your thread over to Other Drugs where you'll get a definitive answer.

bdd-->od

I've used this method to smoke hash, we call it hot knives. I don't think you're supposed to apply direct heat to heroin, or black tar heroin.

This. When we were kids we used to spot hash like this. Heat up two butter knives place the hash on one heated butter knife, place the other heated butter knife on top of the hash and squeeze it between the two heated butter knives while inhaling the smoke through a straw. Never heard of this method being used to inhale heroin, and I was a heroin smoker for many years as a teenager.

Spotting up on foil would apply the same heat as the "hot knives" technique depending on how close you hold the flame under the foil anyway. But I was unaware that direct (what exactly does that mean? Flame?) heat should not be applied to heroin anyway.

^ Yup, this sounds like a spin on the classic hot knife technique Canadians and some Europeans use to vaporize hash oil. Personally, I would only do it with high grade Titanium since I believe most butter knives (and maybe pins, in your case), are a low grade Stainless Steel at best, iron-steel at worst, all of which fare badly for hot knife use: they release fumes when heated to vaporization temps.

I've never smoked/vaped drugs other than weed/hash oil, but when I vape hash oil, since my dome/Ti nail setup broke, I stick my Ti nail on a Stainless Steel razor blade with a bit of hash oil to make it stick, place the nail/blade on the pyrex dish and light it up with my butane torch, then I use a SS dental tool to dab my BHO with and chase it with a long gandalf-pipe looking thing, aka "dry dabbing." It's a bit harsh, but is a great, cheap, healthy way to ingest hash oil versus using butter knives and pins and whatnot. I'm not sure if a Ti nail would work with heroin, though, never seen it.

Sorry off topic...but I'm dabbing some Budderking budder with this method right now!

it is called playing the violin haha but i do it with hash not smack* ...hmph, i want smack

no brwn dont work with nails, nor skillets.....i least i remember trying this in a dream-like state L0L, im not certain

The problem is there aren't labs chock full of scientists and expensive equipments being funded to find out the exact efficacy of smoking off foil vs. your method.

Usually these questions get answers when the scientists (drug users) conduct experiments (get high) in controlled conditions (not in controlled conditions) and then record their results ("Man, I got so high last night").

See what I'm getting at here? ;)

Usually these questions get answers when the scientists (drug users) conduct experiments (get high) in controlled conditions (not in controlled conditions) and then record their results ("Man, I got so high last night").

See what I'm getting at here? ;)

LOL. to the OP, never heard of this, but no surprise since tar is rare/non-existent here.

just learn how to use foil its way easier and i cant see any advantage to using pins

It is a common method of smoking opium in India and surrounding areas.

I can't really comment right now on advantages or disadvantages compared to chasing on foil. I'll have to consider this for a while and come back to you. :)

In either case, I'm sending your thread over to Other Drugs where you'll get a definitive answer.

bdd-->od

Venraks #2 post is as specific of an answer your gonna' get...

agreed. sorry for coming off as pissy. but surely you can understand how it's discouraging to post a question about heroin and get one "i don't know" and then about ten other unrelated responses about hash.
it's as if i asked a stranger in a new town for directions to the post office and he or she responded with, "i don't know but if you want to go to applebees, it's over here...."
i love applebees, but i'm not hungry and i have a letter to mail.

never thought to do this but it sounds a lot safer than smoking off foil (HR FTW). i just used up the rest of my last bag but i'm going to definitely try this next time. :) usually when i do some dope, i like to smoke a few "dots" while i'm high just to prolong it and give me a nice bit more of a rush. i feel so nasty using foil, though. definitely trying this next time.

It seems like tar heroin would be best vaporized inside a pookie, the same "oil burner" that meth users use. Never used meth or heroin, but I've bought a pookie to vape hash oil with when I was broke, and it was even more efficient and low-temp than using my Ti Nail, on the other hand my Titanium nail can get me FAT dabs of hash oil, and I'm guessing it would give fatter "rips" of heroin with a more pleasureable rush if you like to hoot your hit in one or two hits.

Basically, Ti Nail/dome > oil burner > hot knives w/ Stainless Steel > foil technique, this is just imo and hopefully someone will come in with more experience and lead you the right way, but at most you usually get a bunch of anectodes/personal experiences with these types of subjective questions.

Stuck 2 the stove

i've explained this to a few people and everyone looks at me like i'm either making it up or completely fucking nuts.
the last time i smoked tar, was with a friend and her method was one which i, nor anyone else to whom i attempt to explain it, have not seen or heard of.
she put a little piece of the tar onto a small metal rod and and then took another metal thin metal rod, heated it in the flame on the stove and then gently touched the rod to the tar attached to the other respective rod, creating the smoke which we then inhaled through a straw.
does anyone else use this as method of smoking tar or have any opinion/information regarding whether or not this is more or less favourable than using foil?
is there a specific term for this method of ingestion?
cxxxxxxxxc. x.

Stuck 2 the stove

my girl is stuck to the stove for half the day...lol. the main benefit to using sticks us that it's less likely to induce the severe cough that occurs with years of foil use leading me to suggest that it's less damaging to lungs. Although a cough will develop it won't be as bad. u can't use a pookie because it will become caked with residue rendering the pipe useles.
Anyone who looks at u funny for asking this question is a novice. it's a good question. again, only benefit would be that it's less damaging to lungs.

damn it took a long time to type this after doing a .6 shot

I'm not sure if a Ti nail would work with heroin, though, never seen it.

I offhandedly tried this once with some friends because i dislike using foil. It actually worked rather well, At least as good, and in my opinion even better than foil. If your using a dab rig though you should be sure to empty the water so nothing ends up inadvertently absorbed.

As long as you don't get it too hot...

It is just fine.

People do it off titanium nails too...

Pans are ok as long as you do not burn it...