• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Smoking Meth is ruining my skin, will ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The closest thing I can recall to this when I smoked meth was extremely dry and cracked lips. If my skin did get dry and cracked it couldn't have been that bad since I don't remember. I always thought I looked better when I was on meth but I'm sure that was the dopamine talking. But either way, you know the only way to really solve the problem is to stop use, or significantly decrease use. Good luck.

slightly off topic but has anyone had this issue with H?
i got really bad dry skin on my face after smoking H, and i was wondering if anyone has had anything similar?

So opiates r my d.o.c but I dabble with other things, I have friends who IV crystal and I been up jus two days (well I slept for 3hrs) but anyway so my friend got some more yesterday from same guy. Straight shards. Smelled clean af, well apparently I put to much in mine, Idk for sure but I've already read threads on overdosing (IV meth) on here and it was fuckin terrible l literally had half the ppl hanging out giving me cold wet rags, water I needed a fan I COULD NOT take a deep breath. I was shaking harder than when I was coming off methadone, with chills.not waves of chills constant hair on arms standing like straight up. My eyes felt like they could go wherever, I couldn't look at bright lights felt like I was gonna pass out the whole Idk 4 hrs alnost. My body was hot I mean hot and red. ( I didn't miss a single drop and I didn't do the whole shot cuz I knew when it hit me I was in for something) I stayed dizzy af and had the feeling I was tired. NOT a good sign. I leaned back for a min to try to stop shaking and it's like I had to make myself breathe. I fr think if I went to sleep I prob wouldn't have woke up. And I'm still sitting here tired but scared to sleep. I don't think I got cotton fever, I seen a friend get that awhile back and he was nothing like I was. Now I'm like coughing up stuff like I got bronchitis or something. Idk jus wanted to get that off chest, if this happens to u obviously best idea is go to ER but if u won't, don't go to sleep take slow breathes, mixing isn't good especially in this situation but I for sure needed at least a blue football. Or bar, but like I said this isn't my fave cup of tea, so this for sure made me think a lil bit harder about doing such a powerful drug, an IVn it. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. But the side affects r terrible too I'm sore from being up look like I been up for 2 days I mean I'm 23 but u can tell. And I'm starving bit food don't even feel right at first. So on that note ima try n eat. Be careful . I've done same exact thing over 50 times n life but jus had a little too much

The reason your skin is getting trashed is because when you ingest meth your brain releases ALOt of dopamine. when your body is flooded with dopamine your immune system is virtually hopeless (it kind of shuts off) at even containing the most basic infections such as pimples. That and ur lack of sleep, probably food, proteins.

Give the meth a rest and take some immune system boosters, lots of vitamins and protein

good luck

Really appreciate the variety here. Several quite different corrective methods suggested with reasons that either make perfect sense, seem well researched, or both.

P.S.
For reliable and more detailed sources about the reasons these negative skin effects occur. Those who are interested should check out the following links as I found them quite informative.

Sources for Skin Effects

This is an additional source for IV users I recommend reading the previous articles first

Good discussion overall, minus the random hater.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to sound like a conceited cunt or anything but I've always been lucky when it comes to my skin and never had a problem with acne, blemishes, dry skin etc. I'm not proud of this but I smoke so much shit I don't remember the last time I ran out or went a day without it but it hasn't affected my skin at all. I've been using for 7 years with a few month long breaks in between. I have no idea why meth causes skin problems for so many people but it's hella common and I don't think roa would make a difference, although it doesn't hurt to try if you have enough will power to replace the pipe. For dry peeling skin I recommend washing your face less often, like limit it to once a day and put on cetaphil moisterizer every night before you go to sleep or if you stay up try not to forget. It's very affordable and makes your skin smooth and soft without making it too greasy. Also washing your face too often can dry up your skin so don't go overboard with it. Everybody has flaws because perfect doesn't exist. I have permanent sunken in raccoon eyes that probably makes it easy for some people to tell Im a drug user. My dark eye circles are so bad it looks like I haven't slept in a week. Thank god there's such thing as concealer to cover them up as much as possible, I don't leave the house without it. It still doesn't cover them up either but at least lightens them up a lot so it's less obvious. Im also pretty damn pale and my cheeks are kinda sunken in but I like it cuz I look like I just have high cheekbones.

Oh yeah the dry chapped lips effect happens to me sometimes especially if I smoke more than usual but I get rid of it fast with cherry Chapstick along with ice cold water (not juice, Gatorade or soda just plain water) and it always helps. When the weather gets really cold it will dry out your lips even more so it will take a little extra effort to moisterize them in that case. Lots of water and lots of Chapstick and I mean the brand Chapstick, especially cherry flavored makes my lips soft and smooth.

Last edited:
I've found that meth and pv's are hardest on my skin. After a long meth binge, i'll feel a little sensation on my face and just barely run my fingernail over it as if to remove a crumb, and a piece of my face will just fall right off. Overusing any stimulants will eventually cause me to break out.

Whenever i abuse opiates for a period of time my skin clears right up and they prevent acne entirely while i'm using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.