• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Smoking Meth is ruining my skin, will ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

shygirlluv

Bluelighter
Okay guys, I am new to smoking meth i've been doing it for about 2 months now but everytime I do it I go on a 2-3 day binge.... sometimes 5. Well I was on it for the past 2 days and I noticed this morning that my face is really dry and peeling and my pores look gross. I have always had really good skin, and I want to keep it that way. Now I know everyone says meth ruins your skin, and I thought it was more so because people always pick at their face and I don't do that. But my question is, is smoking it the reason that my skin is getting like this, or is it the drug in general... Do I need to take it down a notch or can I inject it in my booty and still get the same high or better without ruining my skin... also what about eating or snorting..is that at least a LITTLE BETTER on my skin.... Everytime I feel something on my skin i brush it off instead of picking at it , cus I don't want it to show in my face at all. I don't really want to eat it cus I've heard it takes like an hour to kick in and that is too long.... Any advice you can give , thanks!!!

Meth restricts blood flow to the skin, making it dry. At the same time, it increases oil and sweat production in the skin because it's a stimulant, and this can cause clogged pores and acne. Without proper blood flow, the skin does not clear up as easily, and starts to get worn. A lot of the sores that meth users get are from old acne and blemishes that can't heal. The sores start first, then usually the picking comes later because of the skin irritation.

^ Correct. In short: you will get skin problems whether you inject it, smoke it, eat it, etc. Its the meth and the way it impacts your body, period.

A lot of drugs fuck with you in these ways. Heroin made my acne so horrible. I just in fact restarted my acne treatment while on the topic, which I need to do again because of the years I was doing drugs and not taking care of myself.

Regardless of whether or not you treat your skin well though is irrelevant. As foreigner stated: it is the METH ITSELF, not the method of administration.

If you're worried about your skin and acnes/sores/etc, meth and other drugs are not the way to go.

I disagree, I believe, from personal experience using Adderall at 20-60mg daily for months, that amphetamines will damage your appearance because...

... of the tendency of amphetamine users to not "get around" to sleeping multiple nights in a row. I know that my appearance is normal in the first day, but my skin becomes splotchy with light white patches surrounded by red areas by the next morning, possibly being a vascular effect. After two nights of skipped sleep, I looked like hell (eyes were dark and droopy, not concealable) and I am fairly confident that I could actually feel my body being damaged by the sheer amount of time I'd been awake. An example of this: my fingernails would become very sore by the 3rd or 4th day, as though a strong enough pull would have dislodged them. My body all over seemed like it was in poor health and not being taken care of, which was due to sleep deprivation, not amphetamine intake itself.

I hypothesize (as someone mostly in Advanced Drug Discussion) that the sheer lack of sleep is largely responsible for the damage attributed to methamphetamine**. Amphetamine makes you feel like you don't need to sleep, even though it's very important to maintaining healthy cells at a molecular level.

** other than the oxidative species formed by VMAT inhibition, leading to increased intracellular neurotransmitter levels itself

My experience so far is that a lot of the initial issues you are noticing is the side effects causing a temporary effect or plain obsessing, anxiety etc
Other things not mentioned is that even with a good healthy sober regime, it is very surprisingly difficult to take care of yourself, wash face, teeth etc, mostly the focus and time passing extremely fast, and really the euphoria and complete blocking of any worries, concerns etc, like i experience often results in not giving a shit at the time. Anything not relevant to that moment on meth is hard to give due attention, its not a very responsible euphoria at all.

You are worried about ruining your skin? 8(
Better to worry about ruining your life.
Meth will fuck you up.
Better to stop now.

Peace. <3

I disagree, I believe, from personal experience using Adderall at 20-60mg daily for months, that amphetamines will damage your appearance because...

... of the tendency of amphetamine users to not "get around" to sleeping multiple nights in a row. ...I hypothesize (as someone mostly in Advanced Drug Discussion) that the sheer lack of sleep is largely responsible for the damage attributed to methamphetamine**

And would this not, as I have stated, be a result of the way meth affects your body?

Whatever the mechanism, its still the meth to blame, period. You cant say "well its lack of sleep thats the TRUE CAUSE!" when the true cause of lack of sleep is the meth....

My entire point was that it is the METH, not the ROA. You have in essence, agreed to this, so I dont get why you're saying "I disagree". You yourself have stated it was because you got high on amps, not because you IV'd, or smoked, or snorted them.

What you've said is akin to saying "well its not the fault of the Mexican water that I became sick, its the microorganisms that just so happen to be in all mexican water. Yes in this scenario, all you need to do is get rid of that stuff, BUT, it is an innate part of all mexican water". Meaning you either 1) have to change it to such an extent that it would no longer qualify as "mexican water", or 2) you do not drink the mexican water. But to change it to such an extent by removing the very thing that makes it distinct is to admit that the very nature of the item in question is the cause. By removing the microorganism, you have changed it from "Mexican water" to regular water. To remove the lack of sleep caused by meth usage would be to, well, change the very nature of meth itself.

Or relating to drugs, what you've stated is akin to saying: "Its not heroins fault that I overdosed, its because of the respiratory depression that heroin causes that caused me to overdose." Like comeon, the two are inextricably bound to one another.

You cannot do something that causes certain effects, and then blame the effects for causing yet MORE suffering in place of the original cause of said effects.

The two, inherently, go hand in hand: meth, and the effects of meth. If there is a way to make sleep more possible on meth then you could argue its all the "lack of sleeps" fault, but lack of sleep is DIRECTLY CAUSED by methamphetamine usage.

I was a meth user and am currently still a prescribed amphetamine user. My skin has always been one of my top priorities and it stays hydrated, soft, spotless and healthy. One would never guess I use amphetamine unless they look at my eyes.

How I do this:
  • Drink plenty of water
  • Take plenty of showers using vitamin-E enriched soap.
  • Take a multi-vitamin
  • Sleep and sleep long after the meth has left your body. Without this you will not get the proper growth hormone pulse during deep sleep that you need in order to have very healthy, sexy looking skin.

I'm not here to judge your drug use.
There's my harm reduction advice.
I hope you follow it.

If you put your health first, your drug experiences will be better and you will be a better person.

Last edited:
I was looking for the most current information on Meth Use. I am no stranger to its affects on the body, the mind, the lifepath, the family and so on and so on.
I came across this website because sadly it has come to our attention that my cousin a mother with a teenager and nurse has been using, in the six months there have been 6 warrants issued, she sometimes has no money for bare necessitities for her daughter and lies and cheats us all. My experience with Meth is not my own, but through caring for and enabling my little brother on and off during a 25 yes 25 year stint of addiction. My brother is now 50, he is on pernament diability, he had stolen from everyone in the family, he was jailed in the physc ward, he has MERSA from it he has lost his teeth, and on and on. I will add that he is now 5 years clean and sober and will not even take asprin, but his life is not picnic, he pays dearly for the long term use. But I digress, after finding this thread and reading options for better skin while using Meth, like you had sunburn or wrinkles just slayed me.... WTF are you people thinking just google images of meth users and you can see the deterioation of the human body not to mention your mind...Hydrate my ass - the chemicals are deadly - there is no such thing as occassional use of this drug and its along road back if you do manage to survive it. If you believe you are still the occassional user please stop while your ahead. Sad....

What chemicals? Methamphetamine is one chemical. And yes, we've all seen Faces of Meth. Methamphetamine use can have deadly consequences, of course, overdosing on any stimulant can kill you, but that's not what we're talking about here. Some people are able to use methamphetamine occasionally, but those people are few and far between. Doesn't mean you have to make a generalization.

We're a harm reduction site. We realize that, no matter what, people are going to do drugs. So, why not help them lead happier, healthier, and safer lives?

... of the tendency of amphetamine users to not "get around" to sleeping multiple nights in a row. I know that my appearance is normal in the first day, but my skin becomes splotchy with light white patches surrounded by red areas by the next morning, possibly being a vascular effect. After two nights of skipped sleep, I looked like hell (eyes were dark and droopy, not concealable) and I am fairly confident that I could actually feel my body being damaged by the sheer amount of time I'd been awake. An example of this: my fingernails would become very sore by the 3rd or 4th day, as though a strong enough pull would have dislodged them. My body all over seemed like it was in poor health and not being taken care of, which was due to sleep deprivation, not amphetamine intake itself.

I hypothesize (as someone mostly in Advanced Drug Discussion) that the sheer lack of sleep is largely responsible for the damage attributed to methamphetamine**. Amphetamine makes you feel like you don't need to sleep, even though it's very important to maintaining healthy cells at a molecular level.

** other than the oxidative species formed by VMAT inhibition, leading to increased intracellular neurotransmitter levels itself

Disagree. It's gotten better now but I used to regularly go 3 or 4 nights without sleep simply due to insomnia and without taking any drugs whatsoever and I can assure you I never had those effects. The most I'd get is huge shadows under my eyes and red/swollen eyes but wow, I didn't feel like my fingernails were going to fall off...I don't really use amphetamines and have never done meth but I can definitely say that the stuff you're describing is not due to lack of sleep alone so yeah, I would guess that the meth has a lot to do with it.

Meth will fuck you up.
Better to stop now.

Peace. <3
Thank you Victor.
Stop using meth while you have the chance to get your life back.

It is going to ruin more than your skin old boy. It's going to ruin everything from your teeth to your self respect. If you are going to take meth then you have to be prepared for the consequences. Unless you have a Dorian Gray like painting up in your addict then hard drug use is going to ravage you mentally and physically and all the anti-wrinkle cream and vitamin D in the world isn't going to help you. Either stop taking it or get used to the fact that it is going to fuck your body.

Look at my avatar. It's my passport photo. I used to get told I looked just like Brad Pitt. I took one hit of meth and that is what happened.

lol all these metheads their like "meth is not healthy? wow I didnt know that!"

Meth will fuck you up.
Better to stop now.

Peace. <3

What an entirely practical response.

I was a meth user and am currently still a prescribed amphetamine user. My skin has always been one of my top priorities and it stays hydrated, soft, spotless and healthy. One would never guess I use amphetamine unless they look at my eyes.

How I do this:
  • Drink plenty of water
  • Take plenty of showers using vitamin-E enriched soap.
  • Take a multi-vitamin
  • Sleep and sleep long after the meth has left your body. Without this you will not get the proper growth hormone pulse during deep sleep that you need in order to have very healthy, sexy looking skin.

I'm not here to judge your drug use.
There's my harm reduction advice.
I hope you follow it.

If you put your health first, your drug experiences will be better and you will be a better person.

This^^

Sleep regularly, eat well, drink lots of water, wash your face every time it feels oily or dry and counteract each one. I have extremely oily skin and have had problems with pretty bad acne and I have managed to keep myself acne free through heavy meth use by washing it with soap (to dry it out) every time it feels too oily.

What chemicals? Methamphetamine is one chemical. And yes, we've all seen Faces of Meth. Methamphetamine use can have deadly consequences, of course, overdosing on any stimulant can kill you, but that's not what we're talking about here. Some people are able to use methamphetamine occasionally, but those people are few and far between. Doesn't mean you have to make a generalization.

We're a harm reduction site. We realize that, no matter what, people are going to do drugs. So, why not help them lead happier, healthier, and safer lives?

If it's pure crystal meth then yes sure one chemical but I doubt many people here are using 99.98% Methamphetamine. If your quality of meth is low, try an acetone wash and using that (start smaller with doses) and see if that helps.

NB: In Australia using "Base" will lead to a bunch of side effects that aren't just from meth due to a terribly unclean product + people using solvents as cutter -_-

lol all these metheads their like "meth is not healthy? wow I didnt know that!"

Sadly, a lot of people aren't educated on drugs, that's why we are here, to help. I try to tell all my friends about how fucking bad meth and how my meth addiction has affected me, unfortunately most of the time I am doing it with a glass pipe in my hand.

I've been somke meth for the last 5 months

I smoke it like 5 times to 10 times a day what I first started I was getting some bad Meth and feel stick because like you said it makes your skin get really bad and it feel like something crawling sensation On ur skin and snorting U lose your smell and you can breathe through your nose one day injecting it will mess up your heart go on the internet and figure out how to test that bad Meth you should use a lot of body wash facial scrubs take a shower every morning take care of yourself Goodbess u life hell for me soon as a woman come to I will stop for a family

i never had any skin issues until i did meth, it's the worst drug for the skin, i will never go near that fucking shit. im so pissed

Yep, it definitely messes with your complexion...I know that from experience. When I was using that crap I had some pretty bad breakouts, probably because of the battery acid or whatever getting secreted through my skin (that was my theory at the time anyway). I took pretty good care of myself, too...I'd never go for more than 48 hours without sleep, bathed regularly and drank plenty of water. As soon as I stopped using, it cleared up completely within about a week or so. Standard amphetamines never did that to me, only the street crank.

Then again, one of my "associates" during that time period had been smoking meth since he was 12 (he was 19 at the time we were hanging out), and he didn't have a blemish in sight, so who knows. It's funny how people will care more about their vanity than the other consequences of smoking crystal methamphetamine, though.

When I use a lot of amphetamines with other drugs such as heroin, my skin starts peeling off if I just rub it ... on my chest, my forearms, back .... I went swiming the other day and then nodded off with dirty lake water boxers drying out still on.... basically looks like i have herpes down there... shit

And would this not, as I have stated, be a result of the way meth affects your body?

Whatever the mechanism, its still the meth to blame, period. You cant say "well its lack of sleep thats the TRUE CAUSE!" when the true cause of lack of sleep is the meth....

My entire point was that it is the METH, not the ROA. You have in essence, agreed to this, so I dont get why you're saying "I disagree". You yourself have stated it was because you got high on amps, not because you IV'd, or smoked, or snorted them.

What you've said is akin to saying "well its not the fault of the Mexican water that I became sick, its the microorganisms that just so happen to be in all mexican water. Yes in this scenario, all you need to do is get rid of that stuff, BUT, it is an innate part of all mexican water". Meaning you either 1) have to change it to such an extent that it would no longer qualify as "mexican water", or 2) you do not drink the mexican water. But to change it to such an extent by removing the very thing that makes it distinct is to admit that the very nature of the item in question is the cause. By removing the microorganism, you have changed it from "Mexican water" to regular water. To remove the lack of sleep caused by meth usage would be to, well, change the very nature of meth itself.

Or relating to drugs, what you've stated is akin to saying: "Its not heroins fault that I overdosed, its because of the respiratory depression that heroin causes that caused me to overdose." Like comeon, the two are inextricably bound to one another.

You cannot do something that causes certain effects, and then blame the effects for causing yet MORE suffering in place of the original cause of said effects.

The two, inherently, go hand in hand: meth, and the effects of meth. If there is a way to make sleep more possible on meth then you could argue its all the "lack of sleeps" fault, but lack of sleep is DIRECTLY CAUSED by methamphetamine usage.

Late to the party, but I wanted to say two things:

First of all, while sleep deprivation can be said to be a very common effect of methamphetamine use, habitual or otherwise, it's not altogether uncommon for a user to be able to sleep while on the substance with great regularity. I've met more than a handful of people who report no problems going to sleep nightly in spite of daily use, and I myself can use meth daily (IV) and still sleep 5-7 hours a night without a problem. Of course, some responsibility is required (last shot by 5 at the latest if I want to sleep by 12 or 1, not exceeding a gram at the absolute most), but this does not detract from the experience for me, and I in fact find that a binge is much, much less hard on the body when I adhere to this. I will readily admit, however, that meth isn't my favorite. I could take it or leave it, but with the price and availability in my area I find myself on a few day binge at least once every 6 weeks. And I know I'm far from an anamoly in this regard, as I'm sure many here could attest.

My point, as I'm sure you've gathered, is that I don't think you can say that sleep deprivation is innate to meth use in the absolute, which is the core of the arguments you've made here, as far as I can see.

My second point is purely academic, and while I'm sure it will seem that I'm nitpicking, I mean no harm. You said, in your response to DooMMooD, that to blame the negative effects of meth usage on sleep deprivation rather than meth itself was wrong. While I've just stated that in my opinion the two are not always one and the same, I wanted to say that even were sleep deprivation and meth usage always synonymous, I would disagree with your assertion, though for clarity's sake I'll use your other examples, opiate overdosage and respiratory depression. You assert that one should not claim that the cause of a heroin OD is respiratory depression, but rather the heroin itself, it being the root of the effect. What you're saying is that any phenomenom cannot be said to be caused by something that is in and of itself merely a byproductive of a prior thing. By this logic, I can't say that my car accelerating is caused by injecting gas into the engine to induce the combustion process, because that combustion is just a product of my foot depressing the gas pedal. And since gasoline injection occurs every time I push the gas pedal, it's implicit and as such we may only state that acceleration is caused by my foot on the pedal.

I think your reasoning was that blaming lack of sleep for skin problems is misleading in this instance, rather than wrong, as it seems not to tell the whole story. And certainly, to improve skin health most people would tell you to stop smoking dope rather than advising you to stop staying up all the time, so I think this is what you were getting at. However, saying that it's incorrect to blame sleep deprivation coinciding with meth usage for negative health effects is inaccurate. Misleading would have been a more accurate word here, because that statement obviously isn't false, just perhaps not entirely illuminating.

Sorry for the rant, I'm a sucker for logic/rationality discussion/contemplation and this was mostly me thinking aloud and being halfway spun, but presumptive statements are extremely dangerous and all too common for me. I'd encourage you to not be so quick to declare things right and wrong as most statements err on the side of subjective unless correctly framed. Only the sith deal in absolutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.