• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Smoking marijuana while on Suboxone

i did a sub taper for 3-4 weeks over the summer (started at ~1 or 1.5 mg/day and went down from there) to get out from under a little H habit that got out of control (btw, you don't need to go this long; a ~1-2 week taper is best, i think); i smoke bud every day and never noticed any difference in the strength or duration of effects while i was using the suboxone.

IMO it is TOTALLY normal. Exactly what has happened to me. It is so depressing that I don't enjoy weed anymore! Same thng when I was on Hydros. ...I did not enjoy weed as much.

I am almost off the subs (.25mg ready to jump) and I know once I get over the hump (I'm feeling really good getting back to opiate free brain) I'll be able to enjoy my pot again. Before I subbed it a year ago I was opiate free for a year before that and I was enjoying pot much more when not addicted to opiates. I think they are a TERRIBLE combo if you are addicted to opiates. If you just randomly do them together for fun one night, I can see it being OK.....

Wow, you must be getting some gnarly, inbred, sativa dominant strains... I use more CBD dominant stains to curve the adverse effects of opiate withdrawal. I cannot imagine an opiate taper without ganga...

Good luck with that. 8)

Didn't read all the posts, but don't THC / Whatever other actives in Cannabis affect the opioid system downstream? Perhaps the ''blocking'' effect of Suboxone has something to do with your change in perception of marijuana.

I have the same problem. I've been on sub's for a year now because of being on pain pills for 10 years. Well the pain is back so I started smoking. I'm feeling very little effects. And yes its good weed. But s bunch of people who replied here didn't read your question. They all said weed inhanced their op buzz. Well sub's are not op's. Yea if you smoke with oxy and shit like that it will boost ya. But sub's regulate the indorphans being released in your brain from foreign substances on top of blocking op effects.Everyone is different. But I'm like you. The buzz I do get is very minimal and only lasts a half hour at best.

Ok, so I'm in a very strange situation that is backwards from, well ....... pretty much everywhere else I've looked to for advice, but here it is. I've never smoked weed, i dont smoke or drink, but an injury led to 5 yrs of Vicodin and eventually to a massive fentanyl habit, absorbed in the gums. I've never had heroin but I was told by a doc it was equivalent to a 4-5 gram/day habit. I've been on 32mg sub/day for 9 months, and truth be told, I've never felt anything from it. I can stop it cold turkey for weeks without severe withdrawal. (But then again, what I consider to be severe was from a 4-patch-a-day fent habit that had me in such painful withdrawal that i almost put a gun in my mouth). Thank God that's done. To the point finally; I still struggle with a lot of anxiety and even cravings. It's crazy, BC it was used for genuine pain, (severely ruptured disks) when I hurt now, my mouth will water, just like someone was cooking a steak next door. I'm wondering if weed would help me or if I'm just asking for more probs. I never struggled with addiction - not Vicodin, cigs, or alcohol - but that fent grabbed me in the first week and dug it's claws in deep. I know I need to get way down on the subs, were about to start, but I'm honestly not too worried about that since if tested cold turkey several times without it being too bad. Any other thoughts? Thank u

I've been using suboxone daily since I kicked dope back in 2006, and I've been smoking weed (and now dabbing) regularly for the last seven or eight years, and have never noticed a decreased effect from marijuana due to the suboxone. I do have quite a tolerance to weed, but on the rare occasions my tolerance has been reduced due to not smoking, I always get incredibly high again the first times I smoke. As opposed to an interaction between the two drugs, I think what you're experiencing is tolerance to marijuana combined with the change in effect many people experience from smoking pot between the ages of 20-40. Not saying the suboxone couldn't be dulling the marijuana high, but I think if it was the sole cause a lot more people would be experiencing the same effect.

-CTdopeLove