• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Smoking marijuana while on Suboxone

JahRed24x

Bluelighter
Ok so i am just interested what you people out there think about smoking pot while on suboxone (maintance; like you were once addicted to another opioid and now on subs) ?? Im currently on suboxone (1 - 2mg a day) and sometimes i feel as if the suboxone may 'reduce' the 'psychedelic' effects of the weed while im on subs.l. i mean i still get stoned and everything but it just seems like there something missing as compared to smoking without suboxone in my system where it feels completely normal. By the way I only smoke "dank" or really really good buds, headies, whatever ya wanna call it, its the good stuff.. (ex. $xx-xx an 8th depending on what strain)... anyways anyone else feel any different when smoking bud while on suboxone/subutex???

Last edited by a moderator:
i dunno when i smoke pot on opies i'm comin at it from the other way. i smoke trees to make my opi buzz stronger, so i'm not really noticing the weed. i like them together cause it kicks the lacking sub high

hmm, ive been on subs for a few months now. 3-4mg daily. Ive been a smoker for 3 years and still love to smoke on my subs. i havent really noticed a differance. i still get high and its great. i just got done blazing some grandaddy purple and im stoned a hell. i dunno what to tell u man.

maybe your doing it wrong, im on oxycodone IR for chronic pain, and smoking dank same shit as you stated, i notice the opi boost and the high as well on top of it. its a match made in heaven man

anyways anyone else feel any different when smoking bud while on suboxone/subutex???

It might just be your suboxone maintances' negative effects fucking with you, because I still smoke lots o weed while taking subutex. I do take little vacations away from subs now and then, actualy alot..... maybe you should too. And, Wow thats a lot for an 8th of weed I dont care how dank it is i.e. cottoncandy, grape, hogsbreath never cost that much.

Ya jahred, same exact shit for me. I smoke nothing but the best shit around too and when I'm on subs I definitely don't get as high. Sometimes it seems like I'm high and then 20 minutes later I'm not again. Its definitely I frustrating expirience.

I'm on bupe and I still get just as high as I used to get.

i think it makes the suboxone kick in more, and have more of a heavy opiate effect.

i think it makes the suboxone kick in more, and have more of a heavy opiate effect.

For sure, even when it is maintence. Im suppose to take 24 mg a day .... which i don't. But even taking 12 mg gets me riled up like im on adderall rather than a partial opiod. But i love smokin weed on my subs and valium.

I feel like there's a slight difference in the high when you're on suboxone, but I've been on and off it for a the last 3 years and kept on smoking throughout the whole thing.

I know that if I wait to take my sub until I feel uncomfortable, after I take it and feel it come on, I always like to smoke.

yesterday thru out the day i took about 2 mgs of suboxone. at night i ended up smoking a blunt with a few friends. then i felt...different. i felt like i was going to have a panic attack, i felt anxious, and i started getting chills and sweats and just started feeling shitty. then eventually it went away. is this normal at all?

you pulled the thread!!!.....from the dead!!!

anyway....I think your simply having a reaction between the two medications. Or it could have just been the weed....marijuana is known to increase heart rate and blood pressure....and i personally have experienced those effects after smoking weed and not being on anything else.

well it was my first day on sub from heroin/oc and then i smoked a blunt and just didnt feel right at all. i had about 2mg before i smoked then after i was feeling that way a friend of mine gave me some kpin and i eventually felt somewhat better but i felt like my head was exploding and just not right at all after smoking. i used to be a complete pot head. now its the rare occasion. idk it freaked me out

i do it. i think it slightly changes it, but not in a drastic way. buprenorphine is synthesized from thebaine, the same chemical component of raw opium from which oxycodone is also synthesized. thus, it's thought buprenorphine has a stimulating effect as well. in practice, i'd agree.

i have weened myself to a much lower dose of Subutex per day (0.5mg/2x day). the stimulating effects are even more present.

This is interesting, I also notice more stimulation at a lower dose. I think buprenorphine tends to be more successful for people who like a stimulating-like opiate high instead of straight drooling and somnolence.

This is interesting, I also notice more stimulation at a lower dose. I think buprenorphine tends to be more successful for people who like a stimulating-like opiate high instead of straight drooling and somnolence.

I honestly think that bupe is more simulating at lower doses(and more effective in general...euphoric, etc..) because when you take a low dose of bupe(partial agonist with STRONGEST binding affinity) it leaves some extra receptors open for the metabolite norbuprenorphine(full agonist-less binding affinity) allowing you to feel euphoria, stimulated, etc....because of the full-agonist's(norbupe) capabilities.

yesterday thru out the day i took about 2 mgs of suboxone. at night i ended up smoking a blunt with a few friends. then i felt...different. i felt like i was going to have a panic attack, i felt anxious, and i started getting chills and sweats and just started feeling shitty. then eventually it went away. is this normal at all?

IMO it is TOTALLY normal. Exactly what has happened to me. It is so depressing that I don't enjoy weed anymore! Same thng when I was on Hydros. ...I did not enjoy weed as much.

I am almost off the subs (.25mg ready to jump) and I know once I get over the hump (I'm feeling really good getting back to opiate free brain) I'll be able to enjoy my pot again. Before I subbed it a year ago I was opiate free for a year before that and I was enjoying pot much more when not addicted to opiates. I think they are a TERRIBLE combo if you are addicted to opiates. If you just randomly do them together for fun one night, I can see it being OK.....

im detoxing off heroin right now. suboxone taper. in the really rough days - going from 2mg down - i smoke a lot of bud. not trying to dicksize but the weed in my suburb is from a top notch local grower and is really good. weed totally takes your mind off the anxiety and cravings and soothes the physical symptoms. finding the good shit will make tapering or just doing sub maintenance easier during the transitions

usually on sub it greatly lowers any anxiety i would have from weed

weed and sub is fine i take 8mgs of sub 4 mg klonopin and weed about 2 blunts a day all good