• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking cigs vs. Maryjane

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what I'm reading is that there's no clear evidence for tobacco causing cancer per your scientific standards, but is there clear evidence confirming that it doesn't? And if there isn't, would it not be wise to assume that in the absence of information, a strong correlation would be sufficient between the two to make the claim that one can cause the other (and understand that no one's saying it's the sole cause of all cancers by any means?)

idk, man, I'm not going study searching because it ultimately doesn't matter to me. I smoke cigarettes and, most likely, they'll help snuff my life out sooner than if I had never picked up the habit-- and yeah, cancer risk is most definitely increased. This is one of those fact of life things to me that I find it hard for others to disregard as false. When stuff like that happens I just can't help but try to see that other perspective, or at least have it explained to me.

[EDIT: god damnit tater, you've piqued my fucking interest. I was about to smoke some weed and play fucking Diablo 2 but now I'm drawn to Google and I'm about to read through this bullshit: https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/sgr/50th-anniversary/index.htm.

don't worry man. i'm just being a technical asshole. what i'm saying is true but of course, that correlation is enough to understand that you're simply increasing your risk of developing various cancers among other respiratory problems. why speed it up right? i smoke too but i try to keep it very minimal.

i'm just doing statistics now and found that very interesting to point out that technically it doesn't cause cancer. i'd consider that statement almost fear mongering to get people to quit, which probably isn't a bad thing.

I watched Seinfeld and noticed some of jerry's jokes don't make sense. Like when he's at a laundromat with George and says you can't overdry clothes for the same reason you cant over wet. He claims when somethings wet its wet. And u cant over die. When your dead thats it. Thats what he said on the show but we all know u can overdry amd u can overwet things. Comedy is about truth...involuntary laughter about what is funny. This is not true. So how is the show so successful?

I don't know anybody that has gotten cancer from weed. But I know 2 people that have from cigarettes. I'm sure 100% pure home grown tobacco is less likely to cause cancer, but it's near impossible to find tobacco for sale that doesn't have thousands of cancer-causing chemicals artificially added to them for the sole purpose of getting you addicted. Also, I know poor dudes whose voices are permanently fucked from cigarettes but I've never met one whose voice is fucked from marijuana. I don't know man, when I was smoking cigs I was coughing on the daily even when I didn't smoke. But when I smoke weed, I only cough when I'm smoking. I also have asthma. Hope I helped man

When I was in Rehab I had a visitor that didn't do any drugs in his life, but he smoked heaps of marijuana for 30 years, his doctor told him the marijuana use was correlated with Sjogrens syndrome, though rare, I saw it first hand. I have no evidence providing that Marijuana was the reason he developed the syndrome, I also doubt it was the biggest contributing factor, but it probably played a role.

[h=3][/h]

Is it normal or healthy to drink milk from another species like we do with cow's milk?

yo, this isn't your personal dumping ground dude.

your thread has no purpose.

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.