• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking cigs vs. Maryjane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ennisman

Ex-Bluelighter
My MD told me that smoking cigs paralyzes things in your throat called scilia. Said that it prevents u from getting better from a cough. And Does marijuana also damage the throat and is bad for regular ppl and ppl prone to asthma and bronchial issues?

I knew a guy in college who had asthma and smoked weed like a chimney. He was fine. I don't think it's anywhere remotely near how bad smoking cigarettes is.

I've smoked weed for nearly 20 years and my lungs and throat are pretty good.
If i smoke a few cigarettes over the course of a day or two, my lungs get kinda rattly and weird. I certainly notice the difference.

I don't think smoking any sort of dried plant matter is totally benign - or healthy - but in my experience cigarettes are far, far worse feeling than smoking weed regularly.
I never notice any lung issues from smoking cannabis, apart from coughing a bit when i've just had a toke.
Cigs on the other hand i notice the difference.

I've been vaping most of my weed for the last few years - partly for health reasons, and partly because i prefer the high - and i think this is the best option if you are interested in the health of your lungs (which you should be) :)

Indeed, cigarettes have hundreds chemicals that might cause cancer.
Smoking tobacco is the biggest cause of cancer according to studies.

Yeah, and as far as i'm aware, there isn't conclusive proof that cannabis smoking causes cancer.
It's not healthy to smoke anything, but cigarettes seem a lot more damaging than weed.

smoking tobacco doesn't cause cancer.

there's a 0.3 correlation iirc which is very strong.

it's just not true to say that it causes cancer. lung cancer is heavily associated with lots of things, such as outdoor pollution, indoor pollution etc..

Is drug us ok...what if a girl is doing drugs and is pregnant but doesn't know it because shss still having periods (it happens..was on that show House) and damages or kills the fetus? So now are drugs ok and smart to do?

Also if its illegal to talk crap and defame your girl on Facebook...how come rush Limbaugh and bill maher make fun of people and rush lies? That's defamation

Im saying shes pregnant but doesnt know it unrelated to her drug usage and her usage causes the fetus to die

I'm not sure what that has to do with the original question. What are you asking?

I'm just inquiring different things to gain perspective. I'm on 4 tabs so lol

Smoking anything is bad for you. Bronchial issues will certainly arise from inhaling smoke. It's a matter of time.

smoking tobacco doesn't cause cancer.

there's a 0.3 correlation iirc which is very strong.

it's just not true to say that it causes cancer. lung cancer is heavily associated with lots of things, such as outdoor pollution, indoor pollution etc..

I feel like starting an argument here, sorry.

The only way I can see myself agreeing with this statement is if you mean that tobacco alone doesn't cause cancer but manufactured cigarettes and all their additives do... because there's a shit ton of evidence indicating smokers are more likely develop some kind of cancer than non-smokers.

What, uh... what exactly do you mean with "smoking tobacco doesn't cause cancer?" I feel like "cause" in emboldened for a reason but I just can't fuckin' figure it out for sure.

And defamation?

Only defemate in the toilet and you should be good, man.

I feel like starting an argument here, sorry.

The only way I can see myself agreeing with this statement is if you mean that tobacco alone doesn't cause cancer but manufactured cigarettes and all their additives do... because there's a shit ton of evidence indicating smokers are more likely develop some kind of cancer than non-smokers.

What, uh... what exactly do you mean with "smoking tobacco doesn't cause cancer?" I feel like "cause" in emboldened for a reason but I just can't fuckin' figure it out for sure.

what i was saying is that if you look at the studies and understand how an experiment works (which is pretty much where 'causal interpretation' comes from) you'd understand that it's practically impossible to set up a study to show that smoking tobacco causes cancer.

you'd have to randomly assign participants and manipulate one groups of smokers or non smokers and get a sample size that's representative of the population which is practically impossible.

so to say it causes cancer is wrong. it is heavily correlated with cancer along with pollution and other factors.

so it technically doesn't 'cause' cancer but is associated with it and has a strong correlation.

you will find it hard finding a good study with control of confounds to show that cancer is caused by smoking.

but by all means, if you can then show me. just know that the data collection methods are impossible for true causal interpretation.

Ok how bout this one? I live in a dallas suburb but want to live in Addison (a nice part of north dallas)...now its usually 1 degree hotter in Addison....our summers are hot...but would 1 degree be something i would notice living there? And if not can we compare that to global warming? Afterall they say each year ita 2 degrees hotter? Is it comparable? My genius friend Bart says i wouldn't notice a degree or 2...that in texas
..hot is hot. Any thoughts?

Anyone prone to lung issues of any kind is going to have irritation from the resin/tar that comes from cig/pot smoke. Marijuana can actually be worse than tobacco. Coughing can cause mucous production and make you hack more phlegm

Ok do accents determine if your articulate? Some yankees are hard to understand to other people and some hicks are hard to understand. What does articulation come from? How well and clear u speak? Do new yorkers or southerners speak more clear?

what i was saying is that if you look at the studies and understand how an experiment works (which is pretty much where 'causal interpretation' comes from) you'd understand that it's practically impossible to set up a study to show that smoking tobacco causes cancer.

you'd have to randomly assign participants and manipulate one groups of smokers or non smokers and get a sample size that's representative of the population which is practically impossible.

so to say it causes cancer is wrong. it is heavily correlated with cancer along with pollution and other factors.

so it technically doesn't 'cause' cancer but is associated with it and has a strong correlation.

you will find it hard finding a good study with control of confounds to show that cancer is caused by smoking.

but by all means, if you can then show me. just know that the data collection methods are impossible for true causal interpretation.

So what I'm reading is that there's no clear evidence for tobacco causing cancer per your scientific standards, but is there clear evidence confirming that it doesn't? And if there isn't, would it not be wise to assume that in the absence of information, a strong correlation would be sufficient between the two to make the claim that one can cause the other (and understand that no one's saying it's the sole cause of all cancers by any means?)

idk, man, I'm not going study searching because it ultimately doesn't matter to me. I smoke cigarettes and, most likely, they'll help snuff my life out sooner than if I had never picked up the habit-- and yeah, cancer risk is most definitely increased. This is one of those fact of life things to me that I find it hard for others to disregard as false. When stuff like that happens I just can't help but try to see that other perspective, or at least have it explained to me.

[EDIT: god damnit tater, you've piqued my fucking interest. I was about to smoke some weed and play fucking Diablo 2 but now I'm drawn to Google and I'm about to read through this bullshit: https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/sgr/50th-anniversary/index.htm

idk what the fuck's in there but I'ma find out]

Ok do accents determine if your articulate? Some yankees are hard to understand to other people and some hicks are hard to understand. What does articulation come from? How well and clear u speak? Do new yorkers or southerners speak more clear?

Either can be articulate. If you speak a language fluently and the people listening can clearly understand you, you're being articulate. If you stutter and stall and use filler words every 3 seconds and nobody can hear you, then you're not being articulate.

Also... you ask a lot of fuckin' questions, man. Way too many.... but this is your thread, though, but I mean shit, dude. Fuck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.