• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smokers - Do you still smoke when you're sick?

Changa707

Bluelighter
Hey this goes out to all the smokers....specifically tobacco and cannabis smokers. It seems that whenever I get sick with the flu or have a very sort throat/bronchitis etc....I will get less desire to smoke Cannabis, but I will still crave tobacco to the point that I'll smoke even if my body screams at me for it.
Now, how do you chronic smokers deal with wanting to smoke when you are sick and clearly shouldn't be smoking (like where smoking just lengthens the sickness).
I don't really want to smoke, but then i'm addicted to it's hard not to. How do you guys cope with it?

Yes, but not as much with tobbacco, I just smoke when I really want a ciggereate..I got an awful cold and right before I got it I got a half ounce of weed, I never smoke because of drug test, but all I did was smoke during that cold for 3 days constantly, couldn't breathe at all,felt awful, the weed really helped me feel better, but I'm sure it didn't help me get better quicker...got sick again and all I was wishing for was weed because it was like a mild flu, but had to take a drug test for my Sub doctor the next week. Once when I was younger(probly 20) I had pnemonia and got cough syrup prescribed and got some lortabs to go with it, and me and a friend just layed on the couch and smoked weed and JWH-18 insence 24/7 for a couple days,now I wouldn't do that now while having pnemonia(or constantaly smoke like that) but I survived I guese...

I'm movin this to CD.

A vaporizer or other "lightweight" method of consuming THC is the most effective when you're sick, but I find that the occasional moderately sized bong/bubbler hit is also acceptable. I think if you combine it with other sedatives, even antihistamines e.g. NyQuil, you should be able to get away with using much less than normal. Focus on resting and sleeping better.

THC is actually an expectorant (makes you cough up mucus), so keep a box of Kleenex and a spitoon nearby, I guess :) Even with a vaporizer you'll cough up nasty stuff with a cold.

The ever popular pot brownies work, too.

if it hurts to cough probably not as much but i usually still smoke.

I'm movin this to CD.

A vaporizer or other "lightweight" method of consuming THC is the most effective when you're sick, but I find that the occasional moderately sized bong/bubbler hit is also acceptable. I think if you combine it with other sedatives, even antihistamines e.g. NyQuil, you should be able to get away with using much less than normal. Focus on resting and sleeping better.

THC is actually an expectorant (makes you cough up mucus), so keep a box of Kleenex and a spitoon nearby, I guess :) Even with a vaporizer you'll cough up nasty stuff with a cold.

The ever popular pot brownies work, too.

Yes but Cannabis really isn't the problem here, it's the tobacco....I can smoke weed and be fine when sick, but the problem is that I always mix my cannabis with tobacco....and I smoke the mixture out of a waterpipe/bong. It provides an awesome headrush, but inhaling all that thick smoke at once takes a toll on the lungs for sure. What I have noticed with tobacco also is that vaporizing it just doesn't provide the same headrush....I think the thickness/dirtiness of the smoke is what makes it hit hard.

If there is an effective way to vaporize tobacco whilst getting a good headrush....PLEASE LET ME KNOW! That is why I have been researching for so long how to find nicotine extracts to smoke (basically the hashish of tobacco, if you will). But it seems that this is difficult because nicotine alone is so toxic.

I asked this Q on Grasscity.com one time
everyone said yes.
Weed while sick is a life-saver

Yep, but it nearly always turns minor respiratory issues into more serious ones (walking pneumonia in the winter is not a good time).

So.... I shouldn't, but it makes me feel so much better in the short-term that I seem to have no issues with sacrificing my long-term health by smoking through an illness.

I also have no qualms with taking an opiate while I've got something like the Flu or a really shitty head cold (provided I can keep food/pills down).

4 nyquil and a vaporizer and you could vape while sick. AND enjoy being sick at the same time

Yeah, when I'm sick, it's great to be off work and smoking all day..even if it prolongs the illness. This isn't good when I'm doing a job that is wage based, rather than salary based as I loose money.

Yes but Cannabis really isn't the problem here, it's the tobacco....I can smoke weed and be fine when sick, but the problem is that I always mix my cannabis with tobacco....and I smoke the mixture out of a waterpipe/bong. It provides an awesome headrush, but inhaling all that thick smoke at once takes a toll on the lungs for sure. What I have noticed with tobacco also is that vaporizing it just doesn't provide the same headrush....I think the thickness/dirtiness of the smoke is what makes it hit hard.

If there is an effective way to vaporize tobacco whilst getting a good headrush....PLEASE LET ME KNOW! That is why I have been researching for so long how to find nicotine extracts to smoke (basically the hashish of tobacco, if you will). But it seems that this is difficult because nicotine alone is so toxic.

You can use e-cigarettes which contain nicotine. If you make them up yourself they're more likely to be safer than a lot of brand names. Nicotine e-liquids can be bought from shops but like I say you can make your own up buying all the stuff online. It's all easily available too.

Alternatively buy organic tobacco and use a vaporizer (preferably one using convection mainly), however the e-cigarettes are cheaper, more practical, cleaner etc.

Mixing tobacco with weed is a British/european thing that should be discouraged because it's easier to prevent people from starting this practice than it is to stop them after it's become a habit. A lot of people think with weed alone there's just something missing to the hit but what they don't realise is that they're just addicted to the tobacco. It's tobacco addiction by stealth, it creeps up on you and bites you on the ass before you really have a chance to do anything about it. A lot of the so called ill effects of smoking weed are from tobacco in the mix.

imean if you're sick and you don't feel good you wouldn't be up to making them
Is really that difficult to make edibles prior to getting sick and then placing them in the fridge and/or freezer like you would with the rest of your food? That's basic storage of food information is it not?

Hate smoking cigarettes when I'm sick and have a sore throat. It's not enjoyable at all.

Is really that difficult to make edibles prior to getting sick and then placing them in the fridge and/or freezer like you would with the rest of your food? That's basic storage of food information is it not?

Yeah because i can predict when i'm gonna get sick...

I suppose you don't have any medicine in your cabinet or food in your fridge for that matter either?

man who bakes cookies and saves them in the freezer for the event that they get sick?...
seems like a nice idea that's not like ever gonna happen unless you have the discipline of a samurai