• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Slow Grow Mushrooms

That's not really true, they are both made up of hydrocarbon fractions originating from oil (simple alkanes basically), naphtha has relatively light, short-chained and volatile ones in it, like a mixture of pentane, hexane, heptane, isohexane, etc, etc.
What's called terpentine or turpentine may contain somewhat heavier hydrocarbons and aromatic shit like benzene but it depends on the quality and purpose of the product. Other than that they are more or less the same. Maybe you were thinking of heavier fractions that go under different names, S.A. , from light to heavy it goes naphtha < petroleum ether < kerosine, for example... but household products carry other names like 'wasbenzine' in my country which roughly translates to 'washing benzine'.

The more pure and light the fraction is, the better it's suited for DMT extraction. I don't know exactly which specific hydrocarbon is most suited for dissolving freebase DMT (and not other chemicals), maybe n-pentane, idk.

Hi! I was wondering if someone can perhaps give me some advice on growing magic mushrooms, as it is my first try, and today is the 10 th day , since I have inoculated the 240 ml jars, and there is not really anything happening. I am keeping the jars in a dark place , in an closed-lid plastic container, with an built-in heater that keep the temp. inside 75.2 - 81 Kelvin. Am I perhaps too impatient ? At the bottoms of all the jars, I can see something like some minor mycellium - growth taking place, but it is not 100% white, but a rather off-white , almost light-grey . I don't think there is any chance of contamination though, as I have worked very sterile during the entire inoculation process. The water-content also looks about right, not too much water content, and also not too little. All the jars have their respective metal lids on ( upside down, with the rubber seals on the outside on top ) and with two layers of aluminium foil covering each jar. I have 4 inoculation holes in each jar, and have added about 1,5 ml of spore-liquid into each jar. Although, I must admit that I have forgotten to really shake the spore-mixture before doing the inoculation. Should I increase the temp. slightly, or open the jars somewhat in order for them to get some fresh air ? I have followed the PF-Tek technique ... I will really appreciate some advice , guys ! :) Looking forward in hearing from you, thanks !:D

PF so rice flour verm cakes?
Water content field capacity you mean?

I don't think 10 days is quite enough to say... but as soon as your growth is visible enough to capture on camera, please do show it here as it will help loads with clearing anything up.

What were your precautions for sterile work / do you have experience with sterile procedure kind of stuff? What was the source of the spores... since even if you work perfectly you can always introduce contamination with unclean spore sources.

Don't open the jars! Sterile!! You can't trust air to be clean even if you only screw the lids loose and hope air seeps between the threading... There should be enough gas exchange if you have a filter like this made into each lid (otherwise, how did you pressure cook):

NSFW:

254258432-HPIM4872.jpg

I think without something like that you would still see an initial growth since there is initial gases present in the jar... but could stall if it cannot breathe, a bit like a plant though different.

How are the inoculation holes sealed apart from the alu foil generally sealing the lids?