View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Slow Grow Mushrooms

Carlqua

Bluelighter
My Psilocybin Cubensis B+ are taking so long!
I had them colonizing for a month, they were 90% colonized, just a tiny gap that wasn't colonized so I "birthed the cake" anyway
Now the cake is on the vermiculite in a tray and it's all enclosed in a plastic bag, with a small square cotton thing on it to allow air flow I guess.
It's been like this for 2 weeks, I have seen only a minor change, the mycelium seems to have fluffed up and small bumps of fuzzy mycelium have popped up.

-edit- The self written instructions which the vendor of the growing kit gave me, said it would only take 2 months, 1 for colonization and 1 for fruiting.

I was wondering if anyone with experience could confirm if I am at any particular stage which can be described by the jargon and what should I expect to see next.
please, no suggestions to go to shroomery, I don't like shroomery, the site looks poor and the threads go on forever even though it is a very informative site.

Either you have very bad luck with the particular batch without a real reason or - what is more likely - you are doing something wrong. One of the conditions (or several) like the amount of water present can be off, if it's too moist it can really slow down growth. In other cases it becomes a brooding ground for bacteria and you get wet spots, especially since the mycelium isn't there in time to claim the substrate... but if you worked very sterile, this would not happen. It can also be something else like cold or oxygen / CO2 problems.

Since you mention a kit, I think the only part you do yourself is add water - is that correct? If so you may have made a mistake there.

In any case there isn't all that much you can do with a kit at this stage IMO, expect to see either survival of the myc with or without fruiting for some while longer but at some point it will run out of nutrients and energy from the substrate and it will just stall and depending on the contamination degree it will be overrun slowly or quickly by other fungi or bacteria.

Sucks man, I've had a kit contaminated with green mold even though it should be so simple. I had better results with doing the whole thing for real, but it takes some commitment and investment of money, time and effort. On the long run it's very nice though because most things can be re-used.

ooh man that sounds bad, and yes the only thing I needed to do is add water, which I did, and I got most of it out again which I was told to do once the vermiculite has a soak.
You mention contamination, I see no signs of contamination. I checked it just now and I can see a small brown bump appearing from one of them fizzy mounds of mycelium I mentioned, I think it may be a baby mushroom. Sooooo excited because I been waiting for these for ages now and what you said, broke my heart lol

Never had a trip before, can never find a supplier, and I'm not interested in trying other drugs really, stimulants are very unhealthy and the others always have bad reports so I'm a greatly looking forward to trying these.

Read more closely, I didn't mean to say there is no hope at all - what's for sure is it will die out unless more substrate is added for it to multiply and spread, but what is a question is if there will be any fruits which are more or less the offspring. Nobody here can answer it.

Check pictures of 'pinning' to see what it looks like when it starts - it should be a bulby spot. Good luck!

Fair enough if you don't want to try any other drugs but there are others than mushrooms and stimulants ;) Bad reports for others? Dude mushrooms are pretty hardcore to me - not that I would not recommend them but they are deep as well as beautiful and serious. I think there are plenty of synthetic psychedelics that are worth trying though they are not classic psychedelics.

Just wait. I've had B+ grows that took 10-12 weeks to fully colonise.

It's not a case of whether It hink they are hardcore or not, they are just more natural and healthy than other synthetic chemicals. That's why I choose mushrooms.
and YES pinning is what it looks like, thanking for the term, I'm now validated and at ease that my mushrooms will be fine.

I wish you the best of luck with your grow / flush!
To just wait is perfect advice, the picture I painted is just what I felt an honest and completer one regarding what you may expect,
which goes for pretty much any grow, once you birth.

Also I didn't mean to spark a chemical vs. natural discussion, we have a whole thread on that (!), but your remark about other drugs having bad reports just tickled my interest and it isn't really fair in my opinion. So it still turns out I am posting quite a long reply to that even if it isn't the actual topic at hand (lol):

Not to worry you or anything but mushrooms do have enough bad reports whether about psychological or physical problems. The good news is they are in the minority, especially about physical issues. Lasting health problems are also quite a low risk. My point is though: just like for a selection of what I would call relatively safe chemicals, it does indeed happen. Mushrooms can cause blackouts and whiteouts or fainting and brain zaps to mention a few things. For me not things to be concerned about since the safety of mushrooms has been established.
But look at the extremely similar 4-HO-MET: I have faith in the relative safety of that compound as well. Look at things like 2C-C, if anything there are even less issues associated with that. So there is a number of synthetic psychedelics that I wouldn't dismiss or what's more: I would not invest trust too blindly in natural drugs because it's an illusion that they must be safer.
If you want to know more, you can check the psychedelic index which has a list of 'the most ... psychedelic' threads, it includes a thread on 'the most safe psychedelics'. Again: I don't mean to get you to try more drugs just like that, I mean to help everyone to get their facts straight.
Synthetics have a relatively bad name because in all appearance it seems more artificial what you are doing to your body and mind, there is less history of use... but look at 2C-B and recorded history of use, by now there should be enough of a body of evidence to say real things about it. And something like 2C-C is similar enough to have expectations or indication of safety by some sort of extrapolation. Also there are extreme synthetics that can make you go pretty mad at low doses for days. The way to go about it in my opinion is to avoid those and choose what seems alright instead of generalizing either natural or synthetic drugs. Not sure if you have any idea about the lack of safety of some natural drugs but that might be the most important thing here. It's not that black and white.
The number one fact I want to share is: no drug is risk free, if you don't want to risk anything then don't use drugs. :)

Its hard to put across the scope of opinion on the internet, in no way am I close minded enough to generalize things as good or bad regarding whether they are natural or synthetic, it may seem that way with what I said but I can't be bothered to write long paragraphs on my opinions. My friends are always taking MDMA and going to dubstep raves and I think MDMA is safe but I wouldn't want to take it simply because I'm not interested in the effects and that's what I meant by saying "bad" reports, not that the effects are detrimental to health.

The thing is I'm not interested in trying loads of drugs, I just wanted to try mushrooms just because it's something I've been wanting to do for years, I would love the experience, even more so I would love to try DMT but there's no way I can find it ever, when I ask people, they have no idea what it is and that would be the same for substances you mentioned above, so mushrooms are also practical for me because I can grow them myself, instead of waiting for months for the season.

Alright I understand, fair enough. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the plan to just grow mushrooms and stick to that, you won't hear me say that. =D
Was just wondering out loud y'know.

lol No issue with wondering out loud, after all this a forum, say what you want

even more so I would love to try DMT but there's no way I can find it ever, when I ask people, they have no idea what it is and that would be the same for substances you mentioned above.

If you can grow mushrooms, extracting DMT from mimosa root bark is a doddle.

Do you not have to combine it with another plant, I'm interested in doing this, I have done some research about making ayahusca because the ingredients are available to purchase online but I was confused about what goes with what, the sites selling them are not very clear with the information about the products and theress not many sites selling it that look trustworthy. I would love to have a go at extracting DMT though, what process and equipment is involved?

For oral use you need to take it with another plant or a medication that contains MAO-A inhibitors. With another plant it's called ayahuasca, otherwise the medication can for example be moclobemide.

I never used it orally yet (but want to), you can also vaporize DMT in a certain way and it's absolutely the most stunning and incredible out of this world experience I have ever had with any drug. It's a medicine for the soul and a transporter to other dimensions, whether they are just inside your own psyche or elsewhere.

Take a look at the DMT extraction thread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...y-DMT-Extraction-Thread-Second-pull?p=9454703

In it are a few subthreads with teks (techniques) that explain how it can be done. On the site DMT Nexus are also well known teks.

Materials needed for Noman's tek: http://forums.lycaeum.org/index.php/topic,17831.0.html
=========

To Extract DMT from Mimosa hostilis root bark (mhrb) You will need:

* Dust mask, safety goggles and rubber gloves
* Mimosa hostilis root bark
* A coffee grinder or heavy duty blender (one that will crush ice) - or just have the root bark ordered in powder form!
* Mixing jar -- this should be glass with a wide mouth and a tight fitting lid.
* Water
* Lye (granulated NaOH)
* Vinegar (for neutralizing lye spills) - or better yet muriatic acid, available from DIY shops like lye
* Naptha -- get VM+P and not lighter fluid - a solvent commonly used for camping burners, here its called coleman fuel or white spirit
* Collection jars - 4 wide mouth 8 oz (250ml) jelly jars with lids
* Separating apparatus - a separatory funnel is easiest (seriously, I have several and recommend investing in one) but siphoning and decanting will work fine
* Coffee filters
* Rubber spatula (eh?)
* Very cold freezer -- should freeze ice cream HARD (best for freeze precip, yes - though not 100% necessary)
* Non-sudsy ammonia (10% solution, e.g. "janitorial strength" is optimal but 5% "household strength" will work)
* Eye-dropper (depending on the availability of other equipment I'd think) - or to dose drops of muriatic acid properly for example

oooo right, I always wondered what naptha was, so that's the american word for white spirit although I thought they called it turpentine.
The equipment does seem easy to get hold of....I wouldn't know where to get ammonia.
Thanks so much for these resources, I'll do some research and maybe I'll try it out later in the year.

OMG! I see loads of tiny little baby mushrooms growing around the base of the "cake", I feel so proud :p and nervous because I know my time is coming.

ah.. i remember my first flush... felt like a kid on xmas day. i could almost not bare to pick them!

be careful though, once you start growing them, you might fall in love and not be able to stop! heck, i always have a lot more than i need just because i cant bring myself to not bring all these beauties into this world! :p

:p I think I'm too skint to continue to grow them anyway lol I don't know how many to take, I have no weighing equipment in this house either so I'm just going to take one at first just to get a feel of what the minor effects are like and then estimate how many I will brew up in a tea. I've got one in there that's looking extremely chunky and I think it getting ready to disperse its spores, not sure though, because the books I read showed diagrams of mushrooms which looked like traditional mushroom shape, my guys seem to look like fat match sticks.

Considering the costs of everything else in life and the possible consequences of under- but especially overdosing mushrooms I highly recommend you get a cheap scale. Mushrooms don't really fit on milligram scales but you can break down dried ones into bits and weigh them onto a 0.01g scale or something like that. I own two ones as well. One bigger lab scale and one small gem scale.
Cheap scales costs so damn little, it's virtually ridiculous to skip on those.

oooo right, I always wondered what naptha was, so that's the american word for white spirit although I thought they called it turpentine.

No, naptha is not the same stuff as turpentine. Naptha is the stuff found in "lighter fluid".