Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

slight shivering/Inability to talk on MDMA comeup

d3tonate

Greenlighter
Hi all, first post so saying hi!

I have taken MDMA in bomb form on five occassions now (some different batches), in dosages from 100mg-250mg and each time had an amazing roll and some of the best nights raving of my life!:)

however, as I'm coming up for a period of maybe 10-15 minutes I gets incredibly cold and starts to shiver, even when wearing many layers. Usually, I'm outside with my friends before entering the club to dance but it doesn't seem to be due to it actually being cold outside. My friends who have rolled as many times as me, and have used the same MDMA have no problems.

Also, during this time I often find it difficult to talk and people often ask if I'm okay and can't seem to understand why I'm unable to talk during the comeup. I don't consciously feel anxious but could this be the problem? Is there any way to combat this and make the comeup more pleasant?

Because of this, I doesn't look forward to the comeup. Wondered if anybody you know has experienced the same problems?

I'm going to experiment on Friday with pre-rolling reccomendations provided on this forum and will report back if anyone is interested!

Last edited:
Do let us know! I, myself get very anxious on the come up and sometimes have a hard time. Once I peak I'm fine. But the come up..every time I end up saying "OMG!" "How much higher am I going to get!"

sounds normal for a good bomb. some people get super happy and can talk a million mile per minute, I personally get cold like you mentioned, and cannot talk worth a shit. solid hour of being on the couch just breathing before I can do anything lol

yes. i think i experienced that difficulty in talking. not literally talking but i cannot talk because my mind isnt functioning right. like i know what to say but i couldnt say it. something like that.

sounds normal for a good bomb. some people get super happy and can talk a million mile per minute, I personally get cold like you mentioned, and cannot talk worth a shit. solid hour of being on the couch just breathing before I can do anything lol

ah good to know i'm not having a weird reaction and others feel this too. i usually combat it by going in to the warm and dancing and it usually subsides reasonably quickly and then im golden!

@notocomedown this is exactly how i feel! i can hear conversations around me and want to respond but its often very hard to. always want to get this stage over with, after this you can't shut me up ha!

I believe it's part anxiety and panic. As well as the incredible sudden rise in dopamine. It may cause some kind of cognitive impairment from the shock.

but yup when I drop a good dose of good stuff..as soon as it hits me I get heavy bodyload, pale, dizzy, very fucked up in general. Feel like im about to pass out. I was asked if I was ok one time because I was pale quiet and looked like about to pass out.

I honestly think it's mostly due to panic though.

but yeah as soon as serotonin kicks in. GAME ON BABY WOO :D

It just depends on the person. Also depends on the strength of the mdma. Try taking some magnesium before you drop next time.

magnesium helps prevent anxiety, fear, nervousness, restlessness and irritability

Are you talking bout in general or pre roll?

How much and how long before rolling should I take it?

I knew for men magnesium supplementation is extremely beneficial.

I know exactly what you mean, I too start to shiver on the come up and my voice gets shaky, followed by anxiety and such, but then it pretty much disappears after a few minutes. It's all pretty normal, though I do feel mostly cold during the entire roll, wheras other people strip I need to put on more clothes lol. That doesn't bother me much though.

I know exactly what you mean, I too start to shiver on the come up and my voice gets shaky, followed by anxiety and such, but then it pretty much disappears after a few minutes. It's all pretty normal, though I do feel mostly cold during the entire roll, wheras other people strip I need to put on more clothes lol. That doesn't bother me much though.

haha yeah last time everyone was in vests and i had a huge jumper on. doesn't bother me either, it's just the coldness on the comeup that's a little unsettling for me. perhaps if i go into it tomorrow knowing i'm not alone in this i'll be less anxious and will be able to talk at least!

I also have similar reactions on the come up on mdma... Usually it passes quickly and the roll is nice and stable. I've noticed on 5-methyl-bk-mdea (5ME) I have a even rougher come up where I will stumble over my words, shake, and my brain can't link what I want to say properly which is really frustrating and feels like i'm retarded for half an hour! I prefer MDA>MDMA>5ME>5-MAPB not that anyone asked but I felt like I wanted to state that.

The comeup can be pretty weird tbh. Last time I ended up leaving the main room and sitting at the bar feeling all weird and anxious. Just got to ride it out for a while.

It is great to take in general but especially before you roll. Double the dose on the day of your roll and it should help quite a bit.

op what you describe sounds pretty standard to me, particularly the cold/clammy feeling. for a quick and easy fix try a couple drinks.