• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Slender girls vs. Curvy Girls? MERGED. [mild work warning]

Remarkable. 6 pages of text, endless "curvy" girls, and no fat ones. Honestly, I think we need a pictorial reference of the line between slender, average, curvy, and fat, because I think there is some confusion over terminology here. Curvy is one thing, and an attractive thing at that. Now, take fat, and try and make it hold a curve. FAT DOES NOT CURVE! What people seem to be skating around is the fact that curvy is seen as attractive, and fat isnt. Men do not use these terms interchangeably. Curvy, much like other misappropriated descriptives, have been bastardized because people cant cope with calling themselves fat. A whole host of dating sites/interpersonal ads have created a class of people who use less harsh synonyms to describe being fat. Now, note that Im not calling any of these "curvy" girls fat, because without photos there is no proof. Statiscally, though, this seems unlikely to be the case. If this debate is legitimately about curvy versus slender, good. If its about using curvy as a euphemism for fat, get over your self loathing, accept you are fat, and stop raping the precious English language to support your denial. Fuck.

I admit, i prefer skinny girls. always have, always will, though i have dated and slept with 'curvy' and perhaps chubby girls.

but the girlfeinds that ive actually had feelings for have all been slender, small breasts and about my height (this is important to me). though their personality does play a big factor, i just couldnt date someone fat even though they had an awesome personality. i know this sounds horribly shallow, and im sorry, but those are my thoughts :|

i used to be 110 , 32A , and with a 24 inch waist..... ( im 5'7) and i HATED it.

then i got pregnant.... and i relize how unbelievably lucky i was...

i went from an A cup to a DD ( when my milk came in ) back to a B...........so needless to say theres alot of extra skin there.........

i wish i had my 'old' body back :(

Curvy is one thing, and an attractive thing at that. Now, take fat, and try and make it hold a curve. FAT DOES NOT CURVE! What people seem to be skating around is the fact that curvy is seen as attractive, and fat isnt.

Thing is, it's possible to be curvy, but still have people think that you run to fat just because of the clothes you wear (eg loose baggy tops). The people who work with my wife thought she was a bit on the rotund size, because she wears loose tops for work, but we bumped into a couple when we were out one night and they seemed genuinely amazed, after seeing her in fitted clothes (she's 5'8", a 34FF, and has a 26 inch waist).

So photographs are no guarentee. It's basically a case of what constitutes curvy to the person looking, and as we all know, that definitely varies from person to person

Fallen1 said:
Remarkable. 6 pages of text, endless "curvy" girls, and no fat ones. Honestly, I think we need a pictorial reference of the line between slender, average, curvy, and fat, because I think there is some confusion over terminology here. Curvy is one thing, and an attractive thing at that. Now, take fat, and try and make it hold a curve. FAT DOES NOT CURVE! What people seem to be skating around is the fact that curvy is seen as attractive, and fat isnt. Men do not use these terms interchangeably. Curvy, much like other misappropriated descriptives, have been bastardized because people cant cope with calling themselves fat. A whole host of dating sites/interpersonal ads have created a class of people who use less harsh synonyms to describe being fat. Now, note that Im not calling any of these "curvy" girls fat, because without photos there is no proof. Statiscally, though, this seems unlikely to be the case. If this debate is legitimately about curvy versus slender, good. If its about using curvy as a euphemism for fat, get over your self loathing, accept you are fat, and stop raping the precious English language to support your denial. Fuck.

I don't think anyone's talking about 'fat' at all.

I think we are all thinking of voluptuous women, maybe 10-20 pounds over their "ideal" weight, but with that extra padding on the hips and bosom.... still hourglass type figures. The type most women are, who if they let themselves have fun and not eat celery, gain a little.

Still, even that kind of figure is seen in Hollywood as "fat".... look at Liv Tyler, Drew Barrymore, Kate Winslet.... they get a bit more curvy and all of a sudden they're having a "diet nightmare" according to the tabloids. All gorgeous women who, to me, looked fine at all their weights. But I guess how you define 'fat' is very individual.

paradoxcycle said:
Who the hell cares!? Girls are beautiful creatures in general and we should kiss God's green earth they even entertain our filthy male presence! :D

marry me ;)

The guy I'm seeing now loves curvy girls and is much appreciative of my body. Weird for me, not use to it.

The other day he & his friend told me I had an "Onion Booty" I'm like "wtf is an Onion Booty?" he says it's an ass that's nice and round and you could sit something on top of it (CD, Coke Can) and it can stay there. Although he found this a compliment, it made me feel as if I had this huge "Ghettobooty". lol

Curves draw my attention immediately. It seems more to be an instinctive thing really.
Slim can still be curvy, as can larger be er, slender?
Androgyny, however, I don't find attractive at all.

I think proportion is indeed the key word in this thread. :)

MynameisnotDeja said:
Indeed..most definately not always true..and just because someone is thin doesnt mean they have a perfect body either..like I said my boobs are too small and I could use a thinner waist (overall weight doesnt mean you have a thin waist, I have a very straight line kinda figure as opposed to hourglass). And of course I cant mention anything about not liking my body without getting my head ripped off and having someone yell "You weigh two pounds!" I still do enjoy my thinness tho..because I have a fast metabolism its easy for me to get in shape and stuff...

glitterbizkit said:
mm, Rose McGowan is pretty perfect-looking.

As for my body type, I'm pretty happy with it. Lord knows I'd want bigger boobs if they could just magically appear one morning, but there's no use wishing for something I can't have (technically I can, there's always plastic surgery, but I'd take my small boobies over implants in my body anyday)

If you girls knew how beautiful your faces and bodies were... sheesh 8)

Powder Keg said:
I'm going to give my honest opinion, because I think that's what the females would like from the guys. I'm very attracted to petite girls, those who are between 5'0 - 5'5 and between 100-120 lbs. Well, atleast that's what I consider petite anyway. Obviously I'm not going to turn down girls that don't fit that mold, but that is about the ideal range for me.

I'm turned off by girls who are taller than about 5'10 (including tall models) and girls who weigh over 130. The most important trait in my opinion is a cute face (attractive eyes and hair are the features I notice first)

I'm turned off by girls who wear anything larger than about a C in bra size. I like butts and hips curvy, but in moderation, and in proportion with their body. Thicks arms and thick legs are a huge turnoff, obviously. Slutty girls are a huge turnoff. Girls who are shy, intelligent, and laugh a lot are a HUGE turn on. :)

Perfectly said. The petite girl look rocks. I'm pretty short, 5'7, so I like a girl whose a little shorter than me. And I'm a pretty wiry kid, so I like girls who are light, 100-120 lbs. Of course, looking healthy is the most important. Its easy to see if a girl looks natural or not. I'd definately rather go for a curvy girl who looks healthy than a thin girl who looks like she's about to die.

BTW, I just find it sad when girls obsess about their appearances. As long as you look healthy, there will be a guy who is into your shape. I'm sure most real guys like a girl who looks natural and healthy than a girl who looks 'fake.' Models in magazines tend to look fucking disgusting.

All of us curvy girls, let's unite!!!

Write an e-mail to your favorite clothing brand/store and tell them you would shop there more if they had more to offer in your size. Or better yet, tell them you won't shop there until they recognize YOU!

ive always been thin, but not really in the "good" way. ive always been asked where my ass is, i dont really have one, and ive always found my waist to be unproportionate, as in, too big for my butt. then, id lose weight to make it even and end up looking anorexic. oh well, i like my body just the way it is, especially my boobs, im a 32 c, so thats pretty cool. but what with the sudden ass fixation sweeping the country, its pretty damn hard not to feel left out and unattractive if you dont have one of those huge "ghetto booties".

This image of perfection that society/men adores

You're assuming that slender girls are preferred over curvy girls, but trends are always changing. In the 80's a vuluptuous body figure with large breasts and a small waist was favored, and now a more athletic look with muscle definition is preferred. I find that most guys like women with more meat on them, or at least with some ass and boobs. I can only think of one place where slender women are more desired and that is in high-fashion modeling.

As for me, because I have a small Asian frame to begin with, I look best with a petite, slender figure. If I do gain weight, I gain it in all the wrong places, like the tummy or calves, unlike most other women I gain weight in the hips and thighs last. So "hella skinny" is ideal for me. I've noticed almost everybody openly talks about their dissatisfactions with their body, but I think that the most important thing is to be confident in your body no matter what.

Goddamn Spanish blood...it all shows up in my tummy and thighs ;) I wouldnt consider myself petite over here but compared to Westerners, I'd say my height of 5'3 and a half could be considered so, although my 36-d CHEST makes me seem more buxom than usual esp since i am not tall and have an average behind.
Nevertheless, even at my skinniest, i've never been TRULY thin...all my friends say I'm the nicest to sleep beside with in bed and am SUPER huggable so thats fine by me.
I just sometimes wish I had more of my oriental *skinnny* genes, too bad I took after the latina side of my family :p

MynameisnotDeja said:
I hate when people say stuff like that.."real girls have curves"..
Its hurtful...I have a very naturally thin body..I eat all the time and nothing will change that. To me, stuff like that is hurtful...I dont go around saying that anyone bigger than me is fat.

OMG I SO AGREE WITH YOU!!!!!

many pple have this idea that if shes so skinny she must be anorexic. Im 1.64m (abt 5"4) tall, 42kg (112 pounds). I eat 5 FULL meals a day, cos i get hungry really fast, yet im stick thin. i wish i could put on some weight so that i could fit better in clothes. I cant even fit into a AU size 6 bottom (which is rare, only few brands have size 6). In US sizing, im practically a 00 or 0 (waist size 24"). I just have a really high metabolism, i actually went to a doctor about this cos i thought i had worms or something. but im perfectly healthy. im asian, so i have smaller bones and a smaller frame. and ive got skinny genes too.

the heaviest i ever reached was 44kg (117pounds). but all the weight just went to my cheeks. my body remained the same.

after reading all the posts...i feel so tiny compared to everyone else now hahaha. but basically im pretty happy with myself. even though bigger boobs and slightly bigger hips would be great, i dont think id wanna do anything to change it. i may look really small and stickly here in Aust but when i go back to my own country im an ok size.

no matter what body shape, it seems that no girl is satisfied with her own. but i guess the key is to be confident about yourself, cos even if you have the PERFECT figure but no confidence, it'll just show and somehow you wont look as beautiful as you actually are.

Last edited:
I'm 5'2, now at 150 lbs. I'm the heaviest I've ever been. Measurements: 41-33-41. I'm a D-cup. Even though I'm not that happy with my body, my boyfriend loves it! Before me he had typically dated girls that were thin and athletic. I'm soft and curvy. He says voluptuous. Yes, he has seen me gain twenty pounds and would like to see me back where I was five years ago, but I'm also not a girl anymore, I'm a woman. I would like to lose the weight, as well, but I DO NOT want to lose my curves! I treasure them and would rather have the tits and ass to fill out my clothes.

There are days that I feel completely insecure and fat, and next to my skinny friends I feel inadequate because they get all the looks like "she's hot!" when I just get the "nice rack" looks. At the end of the day, I would prefer to be a little lighter, but I would NEVER trade in my curves! We have to love us for what we have.

I could go on about this topic infinitely...:\

One thing I have to say in response to the more curvy girls who have been complaining about buying pants because they are too tight in the thighs/hips -- let me just tell you, it is 1000x worse to have a big waist and small thighs -- I can only wear ONE brand of pants and even those don't fit all that well. Every pair of pants ever is baggy in the thighs and tight (or more often, won't even button) at the waist, unless I am really thin or really heavy (for me). And I won't even get into skirts, those are impossible to find, unless I wear them extremely high up.

I don't understand, it seems like 75% of the female population finds it nearly impossible to find pants that fit, wtf??!

In terms of what I like in other women (as I have mild bisexual tendencies), I LOVE very curvy women, and find slender ones sexually unnappealing. Women like SLM and doofqueen are my ideals sexually -- rawr! ;)

In terms of myself, I like to be very fit, with visible but not bulging muscle tone, and as thin as possible without sacrificing muscle. I have a very odd body shape, largely due to the fact that I have severe scoliosis, so instead of being my natural height of 5'9" or so, my torso is extremely compressed, making me only 5'5". As a result I have literally no waist (there is less than an inch betwee the bottom my ribs and the top of my hips), and alot of fat in that area, all squished out. It's infuriating. My torso is relatively broad for my build (though I have small breasts) -- it's not narrow -- and I have an average sized pelvis, with a nice sized ass (one of my few redeeming features). But then I have extremely long and skinny, nearly skeletal, looking legs and arms. It's all a big mess.

The only way to not have extreme love handles and a potbelly is for me to be extremely thin. My arms and legs don't gain or lose much weight; nearly all weight goes to my stomach and sides, with a bit to my breasts. My ideal right now, is to aim for an athletic 100-105 lbs.

I think proportion is indeed the key word in this thread.
I agree, it is always proportionate bodies that look the best.

(That's why mine is so awful.)

fairnymph said:
I could go on about this topic infinitely...:\

One thing I have to say in response to the more curvy girls who have been complaining about buying pants because they are too tight in the thighs/hips -- let me just tell you, it is 1000x worse to have a big waist and small thighs -- I can only wear ONE brand of pants and even those don't fit all that well. Every pair of pants ever is baggy in the thighs and tight (or more often, won't even button) at the waist, unless I am really thin or really heavy (for me). And I won't even get into skirts, those are impossible to find, unless I wear them extremely high up.

I don't understand, it seems like 75% of the female population finds it nearly impossible to find pants that fit, wtf??!

In terms of what I like in other women (as I have mild bisexual tendencies), I LOVE very curvy women, and find slender ones sexually unnappealing. Women like SLM and doofqueen are my ideals sexually -- rawr! ;)

In terms of myself, I like to be very fit, with visible but not bulging muscle tone, and as thin as possible without sacrificing muscle. I have a very odd body shape, largely due to the fact that I have severe scoliosis, so instead of being my natural height of 5'9" or so, my torso is extremely compressed, making me only 5'5". As a result I have literally no waist (there is less than an inch betwee the bottom my ribs and the top of my hips), and alot of fat in that area, all squished out. It's infuriating. My torso is relatively broad for my build (though I have small breasts) -- it's not narrow -- and I have an average sized pelvis, with a nice sized ass (one of my few redeeming features). But then I have extremely long and skinny, nearly skeletal, looking legs and arms. It's all a big mess.

The only way to not have extreme love handles and a potbelly is for me to be extremely thin. My arms and legs don't gain or lose much weight; nearly all weight goes to my stomach and sides, with a bit to my breasts. My ideal right now, is to aim for an athletic 100-105 lbs.

When I gained a lot of weight my waist was 28 and my hips were 32 so I know what you're talking about. Now my waist is 24 though.