Mental Health sleeping medication/ quetiapine

I have a bit different type of question. Because i'm coming from a long way from opio/benzo/pregabalin addiction but worst is after me. I need something to use at least 2-3 times a week to get a good sleep to be productive at my job and lack of pregabalin is causing a trouble. I've got from friend 3 strips of quetiapine 300mg (he got it from hospital but don't need it). I know it can be used to get a nice sleep but i doubt 300mg in single dose is a good idea hehe. My question is: is it possible to dissolve tablet in certain amount of water/other and by using syringe to measure take desired doses? Or it will be various combination of quetiapine and rest of the fillers? Is maybe any other way to tapered? Snaping on half i think still will be too much for me, im not even sure if quetiapine will be splitted on half cause it's one film-coated tablet. If there's no safe way to do it unfortunetly i will have to bin it ;(
It's water soluble, so I don't see why this wouldn't work

Awesome! I will give it a try, suggested amount of water? 30ml or 300ml? Sorry if its a stupid question but just in case 😂

I think 30 is more than enough , and it's probably going to taste awful so you might want to keep the volume as small as possible.

Thank you! Game changer for me. Had access to z-drugs only but I want to avoid them at all cost. Have a nice weekend and thanks again! 💪🏻🫡

I have a bit different type of question. Because i'm coming from a long way from opio/benzo/pregabalin addiction but worst is after me. I need something to use at least 2-3 times a week to get a good sleep to be productive at my job and lack of pregabalin is causing a trouble. I've got from friend 3 strips of quetiapine 300mg (he got it from hospital but don't need it). I know it can be used to get a nice sleep but i doubt 300mg in single dose is a good idea hehe. My question is: is it possible to dissolve tablet in certain amount of water/other and by using syringe to measure take desired doses? Or it will be various combination of quetiapine and rest of the fillers? Is maybe any other way to tapered? Snaping on half i think still will be too much for me, im not even sure if quetiapine will be splitted on half cause it's one film-coated tablet. If there's no safe way to do it unfortunetly i will have to bin it ;(
The one time I was prescribed Seroquel for panic attacks, it made me super tired and lethargic. I couldn't concentrate on classes or anything really. I'm not saying this will happen to you but if it does, it may make it difficult to function at work. I don't remember what my dose was, though.

The one time I was prescribed Seroquel for panic attacks, it made me super tired and lethargic. I couldn't concentrate on classes or anything really. I'm not saying this will happen to you but if it does, it may make it difficult to function at work. I don't remember what my dose was, though.
I want to use it just for a sleep. I will take it 25mg before bedtime and that’s it :) I was smoking weed in crazy amounts for situations like that but recently I’m a bit skinny and have these 3 strips of quetiapine. More then enough and my wallet happy. My lungs will rest a bit aswell😂

If it’s about me then no, oral way, just need to make smaller dose from 300mg tablets

Ahora entiendo. Lo siento por mi mala respuesta. Nunca pensé que se puede dosificar una pastilla con esta técnica.

PAZ Y AMOR

I believe it is very popular within the US prison system. Inmates have worked out a precise set of symptoms to obtain it. They essentially sleep through their sentence.

I have even heard of people shooting cocaine mixed with the stuff. It is termed a 'slow ball' or a 'Q ball' but I don't know if this is just a joke.
Even in the UK it has enthusiasts. If you have no tolerance (or maybe it's just experience), you can easily sleep for 24 hours after 200mg.

I think it's now being prescribed a LOT less. Clinicians are learning that people seek it out.

Btw it never got me to sleep anyway. So when used for that indication it failed big time.

Just left me laying awake feeling weird. The other 4 tabs I gave away.

Btw it never got me to sleep anyway. So when used for that indication it failed big time.

Just left me laying awake feeling weird. The other 4 tabs I gave away.
What dose were the tablets? For sleeping 50 mg or below is advised. At higher dosages it tends to lose it's sedative/anti-histaminergic effects.

While it works, I strongly advise against unnecessary anti-psychotics. I think it's ridiculous that doctors prescribe anti-psychotics over benzo's or ACTUAL sleeping meds like the Z-drugs. Yes, they can be addictive but anti-psychotics and their side effects are way worse.

Having said that, I very much doubt a short-term low dose will do you any harm.

How much are you prescribed? I'd definitely only take 25mg at first, then 50mg is that isn't enough.

What dose were the tablets? For sleeping 50 mg or below is advised. At higher dosages it tends to lose it's sedative/anti-histaminergic effects.
25 mg, and it didn't knock me out. Not even by a long shot. The do make you feel uncomfortable when laying awake on them.

25 mg, and it didn't knock me out. Not even by a long shot. The do make you feel uncomfortable when laying awake on them.
That's strange, the first time I took 25 mg I fell all the blood drain from my head and passed out in a chair.

Mirtazepine used to work as a sleeping aid. But not anymore, maybe these anti-histaminergic's just lost their effectiveness on me.

It's water soluble, so I don't see why this wouldn't work
So its possible to IV?it have a rush?im talking about quetiapine?
Does anybody knows etumine? In spain its used for insomnia. Its very efective just a quarter of a pill in the begining is working.
Its an old antpsycothic med that works very well like a sleeping pill. The standard dosage is 40mg but 10mg works fine. I used since 2018 and I still take 40mg combined with other meds. So no tolerance and no wd .

Peace & Love

While it works, I strongly advise against unnecessary anti-psychotics. I think it's ridiculous that doctors prescribe anti-psychotics over benzo's or ACTUAL sleeping meds like the Z-drugs. Yes, they can be addictive but anti-psychotics and their side effects are way worse.

Having said that, I very much doubt a short-term low dose will do you any harm.

How much are you prescribed? I'd definitely only take 25mg at first, then 50mg is that isn't enough.
My doctor dont prescribe benzos but she gives me 200mg for my insomnia.
For me is a bad sleep medication. I reduced the dose at 50mg but added lyrica and lorazepam. I think the best med is pregabalin.It enhance benzos and opies like a kick in your ass. Mirtazapine is not working for my terrible insomnia.

Peace & Love