• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

sleep hygeine/discipline and time management.

Sleep seems to be rather fickle for me these past few weeks... I'll sleep badly (waking up early) for a few nights, then I'll sleep well for a few, then back to sleeping poorly again. Can't win. :\

The promethazine I've been prescribed does work but tends to linger a but too much. I quite often still wake up a few times, although getting a better quality of sleep, then end up not wanting to get out of bed at 7am & feeling sluggish for a few hours. I believe it does have rather a long half life. I'm also aware I don't want to start relying on sleep aids.

I'm pretty much playing the long game with my GP, working up to the point where he'll prescribe me some zopiclone. It's got a half life of around 6 hours, which seems rather appealing to me.

Is there anyone else on here who really benefits from using 5-htp as a sleep aid? I normally am a very light sleeper and will wake up several times a night because of it, but with 5-htp I sleep like a baby the whole night. It can give you some weird dreams but I see that as a perk really.

I did get a lot of benefit from it over a very short period, but a few weeks in it started to send me manic. Which it won't do for everybody - I was just not really very well at all at the time, just didn't realise it.

But yeah, it felt a lot more 'natural' and less problematic than benzos. Until of course it became more problematic than benzos.

ive not seen benefit from 5htp for sleep, but i did see some use for melatonin. a few mg sublingually had me nice and ready for sleep following a hectinc (stim free though) day.

I normally sleep 9 hours plus on a work night if I'm not out. I know that's supposed to be too much, but I reckon the extended REM time helps me to sort out a lot of things - I often go to sleep with a bit of foreboding about something and wake up with whatever problem was bothering me in perspective, though I can rarely remember more than the gist of my dreams.

My sleep seems to have improved slightly over the past while. Probably mainly down to having pretty much been off drugs and booze except for a couple of weekends in the last 7 or 8 weeks. Been exercising a lot as well. Usually sleep from about 11ish until between 2-3am, then tend to have to wake up to go to the toilet. Then after that its pretty broken sleep, wake up a good few times after that and have to get up about 7ish for work. Thats a good improvement though, used to only be able to sleep until about 12-1ish and then it would be broken sleep all night. Definitely feeling less tired during the week, used to be nodding off at my desk every day but much better now. Getting too old for the staying up all weekend binges.

I've had problems sleeping since I was very little. Then from 6 years old to 12 years old I could sleep just fine, but that was the only time in my life. Before and after that it's been problematic.
In my (very late) teens I began taking Clonazepam. I am now addicted to Clonazepam (always gotta have it!) but I have been cutting to just 1.5mg a day of the piill and maybe some drops for a more instant action. I always keep a bottle with me as I can use it for hypochondriac episodes too.
I recently moved to FRANCE for a season, to a quiet suburb of Paris where they are currently celebrating la "Fete de la Carotte" and people actually attend church. It's very nice indeed, but I have few friends here so far.
During the rather long trip from the West Coast I had to use something better than clonazepam and my doctor prescribed midazolam. I took just one, correction, one and a half, tht's 22.5mg and slept splendidly even though I was in economy class and the plane was full.
The night after I arrived I also slept splendidly but only took 2mg of clonazepam (which is at least 0.5mg more than usual). I still have midazolam but I'm not sure whether to use it.
To be honest the only thing that regulates my sleep with success is cannabis, which I'm not going to find around here anytime soon....

so much midazolam and the only cannabis i got was laced with some shit like lead or fiber glass... france does suck

I just wish I was one of those people that could sleep then wake up feeling bright and fresh, I never get that! I'm forever just snoozing the alarm.

I had a pretty productive day for someone with a pretty shitty cold. Made and ate two meals, made coffee, put my new school timetable on my tablet. I'm going to make flashcards for memorizing my timetable. My memory is crap, and cold head fog makes it worse. I also meditated for half an hour and felt much better for it. I also managed to remember to brush my teeth after every meal and non-water drink - I really want to get my stereotype British teeth fixed, but my dentist won't refer me to orthodontics until my teeth are better.

My sleep is a mess. I rely on benzos and zopiclone. Especially zopiclone. I find I'm more alert in the morning the less I sleep, so I end up staying up crazy late, then being unable to sleep at all without a zopiclone, then oversleeping on the zopiclone. Maybe I should try half a zopiclone.

OK I (unintentionally) told fibs. Seems we do have such a thread. In my defence, it's not the kinda thread I'd expect of EADD nor search for myself. Prod somebody in the right way and may even make it to the Index... if it's not already in there. Damn these yoofful mods are good %)

OK I (unintentionally) told fibs. Seems we do have such a thread. In my defence, it's not the kinda thread I'd expect of EADD nor search for myself. Prod somebody in the right way and may even make it to the Index... if it's not already in there. Damn these yoofful mods are good %)

:) I found it eventually.

I stayed up too late last night, well into the early hours, up until the frequency of fade-outs from the DHC/loraz/zop combo made it impossible to do anything but lie back and enjoy the night. Fell asleep just about as soon as I put my laptop aside. I slept like a baby. The sweet sleep of the unjust.

Today I made breakfast, but am letting my dad make dinner. I've resolved to get some studying in today, as I always study at night and was too noddy last night to study. I saw my psych nurse today (patronising bullshite) and handed in the last of my catch-up work to the school. Later I plan to meditate and read a light book. I might play some music on my iPad synth keyboard app (no actual instruments :'( ).