• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

sleep hygeine/discipline and time management.

Im gonna stop going to bed at 11pm which is pointless. Leave it until 2 or 3. I think last night was the only time i took a huge etiz doses. So i can bring that right back down again to 10 mg or something.

I want to benzoed to zombification on day 1 opiate free. Then take it from there.

I find the anxiety that can take hold whilst lying there not being able to get to sleep is much worse than the tiredness from not sleeping so I concentrate on avoiding that rather than the sleep issue, it's been better that way the last year or so.

Oh so true! I went through a horrible period, maybe 3 months in 2009, during which I had dreadful insomnia, and slept 5-15 hours a week. That little sleep was accomplished only by dipping into my benzos or Z-drugs at high doses, after days without sleep. The anxiety of the whole situation was what bothered me most. Having OCD, I simply couldn't stop stressing.

I find the anxiety that can take hold whilst lying there not being able to get to sleep is much worse than the tiredness from not sleeping so I concentrate on avoiding that rather than the sleep issue, it's been better that way the last year or so.

what is it that they say - try not to think of "whatever" and it will only keep tormenting you. Unless you are a Buddhist master in the Art Of Zen, and have neglected to inform us.

Most drugs mess with your sleep patterns, sometimes for weeks afterwards. Worth bearing in mind
^ this.

I'm a stims girl and I manage to keep regular day walking hours as well get over 5 hrs sleep a night. I don't take benzos or sleeping aids, besides melatonin and 5htp (the latter when I'm not on stims)

If you ask me, it's all about self-discipline and sticking to a plan, no matter what, even when you don't think it's working. Oh, and not resorting to taking even more drugs to counteract things when you think it's not working.

I recon Ceres might be able to add something worthwhile to your question since he seems to manage to hold down a daywalking schedule kinda productively.

Last edited:
I held down a job until a couple of months ago. But eventually after 2 weekend warrior years, and 2 full all day years of using, the diet of uppers and downers ran me down too much, so i resigned otherwise id have been put on some poxy 'work improvement program'

Fuckin hell this eth is ace when you take it only once in a while.

Only 2 weekend warrior years, I must have clocked up a good 8-9 until I had to start backing off a bit :D

I'm sure drug use has contributed to my sleep issues but I've had problems even during long breaks from chemicals, I'm pretty sure anxiety is the underlying issue in my case, mainly triggered by work stress.

The stress leads to insomnia, depression and anxiety which leads to drug use, and round and round I go, laying off the downers ( booze and benzos ) has helped. In some ways I'm sure I'd be better off leaving stims as well but my life's mediocre enough as it is;)

Tried something different last night. Maybe of interest to anyone else having simillar issues. I didnt go to bed until i was tired, 3 am or something. So there was no 4 hours in bed wasted 'tossing' and turning.

i spent a while working on all my to do lists, and notes for my counsellor. Still didnt get up till 2pm today though. I'll probably save that 8 am rise until i have to do it.

Last edited:
Aye aye aye. So many possibilities, so inappropriate the time.

drugbuddy, is it perhaps time to quit taking all the etiz, spend a few days/weeks with insominia but finally get your body back into some kind of natural sleep pattern?

Taking 25 etiz a night surely can't be your long term solution to getting some shuteye.

Im still having the same problems, i was using mad doses of etiz and blew out my tolerance so needed sleeping pills on top for a while. Ive now eleiminated the sleeping pills, and am still on a high dose of etiz, but its not insanely high anymore. Down to 14mg a day now. Ten mg at bed time, i guess this is why i find it so difficult to get out of bed in the mornings, and easily sleep for 10 - 12 hours. Im gonna keep gradually reducing the etiz, eventually i wont need so much sleep im sure. Also if i can cut out nicotine, that will make it eaier to sleep, and nicotine lessens the effects of benzos, so it will doubly help.

I think I'll wait until i start feeling rough from the bupe w/ds and pack in the nicotine then, im sure it will help me, even if its just a little bit, I'll be a little bit physically stronger and fitter, and it'll be easier to get to sleep. Recently ive been finding that reading helps me fall asleep. This doesnt help if i ever want to actually finish reading a book, but atm getting a better sleep routine is more important.

That must be nasty, do you wake up horribly dehydrated etc? how do places like rehab and all that shit work? id hate to be on an addicted cycle

That must be nasty, do you wake up horribly dehydrated etc? how do places like rehab and all that shit work? id hate to be on an addicted cycle

I got forced to rehab - I HATED it. Forced rehab = meaningless.

rehab is just for 3-4 weeks. This option has been offered to me. There's no way im getting off etiz in 4 weeks, which they would expect me to do, these people havent even heard of Dr Ashton and the necessity of making benzo reductions very gradual. I really despair sometimes, these people are meant to be proffessional drugs workers. In all honesty your average EADDer knows more about drugs than they do. Allthough to be fair they do occasionally come up with some practical, sensible, and usefull advice. But for someone like me whos been on high doses for about 3 years I believe i only stand a chance of readjusting if i do a very gradual taper over six months. I have started it about a month ago. Im taking it quite fast at first, but i will have to slow down when i start to feel it.

I apparently never (? I take this to mean rarely) slept as a child and then later was never given any real bedtime as it was pointless. As long as I was quiet they didn't care. I have had a lifetime of irregular sleep often not sleeping for days then 20plus hours straight and yes that was substance free.
I have tried everything being strict with a set bedtime, exercise, diet,melatonin which helped a bit and tons of valium and etz...which don't always work and obviously this is not a solution for the long term.
Latest trial is high vitamin D. and high dose B vits..we will see. I have even tried stopping meds for anemia for a short time (as this is obviously fatigue inducing) but just shattered and WIDE AWAKE! Gotta knock the etz on the head as I have read rebound insomnia a side effect...

I usualy fall a sleep after max 3-5 minutes, if i hadnt slept for like 12 hours. I need 8-10 hours a sleep to feel ok.

Do you feel OK with that sleep patten INF, i mean when you take your meds for anemia ? A slightly less extreme example, but Margaret Thatcher was said to only have 4 hours sleep every night. Thats amazing really, especially if you are ambitious and driven like she was, just with those extra 4 or 5 hours a day how much more could you do, if you were a purposefull and driven person.

Ding dong the witch is dead.

4 hours a night is about what I get. Not through choice. Through too much MDMA in a lifetime. Ah well, no point in stopping now. ;)