• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sleep drug routine

Nightrider19

Bluelight Crew
What’s your general routine.

When I’m awake to sunlight I try ride it out, I don’t use during the day well try not to and i sometimes survive and sometimes don’t.

I am prescribed sedatives but have never taking them and I fear fatigue from over sleeping due to my depression and anxiety.

But I am thinking I might use these to reduce my using by actually have a normal nights sleep more nights a week.

Probably 75% of the time when i do sleep i tend to use 2-4mg kpin 6-12mg hydrmorphone and if neccesary to get a painless sleep 100-200mg morphine

What’s your general routine.

When I’m awake to sunlight I try ride it out, I don’t use during the day well try not to and i sometimes survive and sometimes don’t.

I am prescribed sedatives but have never taking them and I fear fatigue from over sleeping due to my depression and anxiety.

But I am thinking I might use these to reduce my using by actually have a normal nights sleep more nights a week.
Never fear fatigue.. depression or not depression can even be brought on by lack of sleep.. i sleep whenever the fk my body tells me it needs more energy whether or not i have to induce it. Not everyone sleeps 8hrs/day you know, ocassionally ill sleep in, and some days ill wake up after only 4-5 hours, somtimes less from pain but sleep is extremely important to me, more so than money.

if i take 25mg trazodone i sleep anytime i lay my head back on the pillow can sleep the better part of night and day. can get up and do stuff if necessary but the pillow feels good and i get great sleep and physical recovery. only i do this in emergency situations. not tonight or anytime soon.
otherwise i do sleep fairly well most times
if i feel like i cannot go to sleep i lay there and try to figure out why. sometime it is successful but gotta sleep on it.
bout that time now
one

A good sleep cycle is what your body need's anything more or less is a waste. Taking up on sleep is possible but indeed only when the body demands it.

So leave the sedative's for the times you want to enforce sleep. Part of a good sleep hygeine, imo, is getting rid of those day's you can't get to sleep. As laying awake in bed is just as depressing as taking sedatives daily!

I can’t nap. Just can’t. Never have been able to.

For a good nights sleep I typically take 4mg Klonopin about 2-3 hours before I go to bed then a 2mg bar about 20 minutes before lying down.

Never fear fatigue.. depression or not depression can even be brought on by lack of sleep.. i sleep whenever the fk my body tells me it needs more energy whether or not i have to induce it. Not everyone sleeps 8hrs/day you know, ocassionally ill sleep in, and some days ill wake up after only 4-5 hours, somtimes less from pain but sleep is extremely important to me, more so than money.

"My watch doesn't tell me time, I tell my watch what time it is" or close, Family Guy. Your post was well put.

if i take 25mg trazodone i sleep anytime i lay my head back on the pillow can sleep the better part of night and day. can get up and do stuff if necessary but the pillow feels good and i get great sleep and physical recovery. only i do this in emergency situations. not tonight or anytime soon.
otherwise i do sleep fairly well most times
if i feel like i cannot go to sleep i lay there and try to figure out why. sometime it is successful but gotta sleep on it.
bout that time now
one

I have to study the pharmacodynamics of Trazadone. Some people can sleep easy at a low dose, while others need 75 mg + to sleep remotely decent.
I have found 75 mg my sweet spot of falling and staying asleep. I have to lightly adjust my working dosage because while it works well. I wake up and want to sleep much longer. It truly can be a pain in the ass to wake up.

I can’t nap. Just can’t. Never have been able to.

For a good nights sleep I typically take 4mg Klonopin about 2-3 hours before I go to bed then a 2mg bar about 20 minutes before lying down.
I hear this quit a bit as well. Fair enough. I would keep an eye on 4 mg Klonopin and I will assume you mean Xanax bar. That may be appropriate for heavy insomniacs, but part of it may be learning better sleep hygiene. I am not picking on you, but you use what is a good example for others that rely heavily on the benzodiazepines for sleep. That can become a slippery slope.

I don't believe it is used in the US for the proven medical benefits, but I heard and read that Lyrica/pregabalin can help sleep in a healthy way. Same with anxiety.
Maybe someone from Europe can comment on this.

Yes, lyrica will help you get ~7 hours of sleep. I would save it for forcing sleep, because its definitely heavy to brain affecting learning abilities and memory, if you use it regularly.

I hear this quit a bit as well. Fair enough. I would keep an eye on 4 mg Klonopin and I will assume you mean Xanax bar. That may be appropriate for heavy insomniacs, but part of it may be learning better sleep hygiene. I am not picking on you, but you use what is a good example for others that rely heavily on the benzodiazepines for sleep. That can become a slippery slope.

I’m well aware I’m totally dependent on benzos. Have been for years. Will I be forever? Who knows. All I know is that it what works best and I’ve tried dozens of meds over the course of 20 years.

"My watch doesn't tell me time, I tell my watch what time it is" or close, Family Guy. Your post was well put.

I don't believe it is used in the US for the proven medical benefits, but I heard and read that Lyrica/pregabalin can help sleep in a healthy way. Same with anxiety.

Pregabalin is indicated for General Anxiety or GAD. And it did a good job killing it, I was anxious by Burn Out a other wording for overstressed state and it will aid in good sleep without distubing the architecture of it. Was on Mirtazepine too so commenting on the effects on sleep i will leave. The last one is a good sleep aid, but with some residual groginess the next day.

Opipramol was better in that respect, no fuzzy waking's.

Like the family guy take on the matter.

IMO, pregabalin has a learning curve. If you know your body and learn how to take it, you can eliminate most side effects it presents. Dial down the dose you were using to sleep, even if you have to dump half a capsule out, you could theoretically really dampen any next day grogginess or whatever.

I have used it for 12 years. I saw my doctor and let him know the score. I take 600 mg's a day now. I just came of a 75% break in use. Last month I took a
10 day diazepam break. First time in 4 years. I am back at 6 days off Valium. Feels pretty nice.

I am crediting easy use of Lyrica for being able to pull the Valium breaks.

I looked up. Opipramol. It seems heavy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opipramol.

I have to study the pharmacodynamics of Trazadone. Some people can sleep easy at a low dose, while others need 75 mg + to sleep remotely decent.
I have found 75 mg my sweet spot of falling and staying asleep. I have to lightly adjust my working dosage because while it works well. I wake up and want to sleep much longer. It truly can be a pain in the ass to wake up.

Nah the pregabalin aka lyrixa/pentins are... very similar to benzos and there is a major issue w them, tolerance ramps Fast as heck and the effects if taken everyday lessen significantly, yeah forsure can be helpful but they also carry big dependency risks same as benzos, and csrry the same withdrawal symptoms

Nah the pregabalin aka lyrixa/pentins are... very similar to benzos and there is a major issue w them, tolerance ramps Fast as heck and the effects if taken everyday lessen significantly, yeah forsure can be helpful but they also carry big dependency risks same as benzos, and csrry the same withdrawal symptoms
I been on them for years, I have withdrawn from them nicely and rapidly, Sure, if your a heavy user a fast taper may be a bitch, but I say over a month and it is not that bad. The withdrawals are a cake walk compared to benzos for those who have issues. It can suck, but gradual helps,

I been on them for years, I have withdrawn from them nicely and rapidly, Sure, if your a heavy user a fast taper may be a bitch, but I say over a month and it is not that bad. The withdrawals are a cake walk compared to benzos for those who have issues. It can suck, but gradual helps,
oh yeah, i mean hey man, gradual tapers are super helpful and smoothen out the pain of withdrawal for every drug.

but pregab/pentin shouldn't be just taken lightly is what im saying, like anything if you take it everyday the body gets used to it and needs it unfortunately

I totally agree. There is no reason it can't be used as needed. I haven't taken gabapentin in a while, but 600 mg pregabalin a day I don't want to cut and paste bullshit, but depending where you look, Lyrica is 2.5 times as strong as gabapentin. Pregaabalin has roughly a 90% bioavailability while gabapentin is like 33%. Thats why you have to stack gabapentin to get your blood levels up. 150 mg Pregabalin will be in your system in an hour, to 1.5 hours at peak.

These are not chiclets. Both gabapentin and pregabalin are serious medications that can benefit many folks. You are only hurting yourself to abuse these drugs.

I totally agree. There is no reason it can't be used as needed. I haven't taken gabapentin in a while, but 600 mg pregabalin a day I don't want to cut and paste bullshit, but depending where you look, Lyrica is 2.5 times as strong as gabapentin. Pregaabalin has roughly a 90% bioavailability while gabapentin is like 33%. Thats why you have to stack gabapentin to get your blood levels up. 150 mg Pregabalin will be in your system in an hour, to 1.5 hours at peak.

These are not chiclets. Both gabapentin and pregabalin are serious medications that can benefit many folks. You are only hurting yourself to abuse these drugs.
Yep
Pregabalin is my bae, but i take 250-1600mg =p pentin is way different too in effects, its more of a downer while pregab feels more like an anxiety medication while both are effective neuropathy pain relieviers, since i have scoliosis i have damage in different areas, and surprisingly they do assist, and they REALLY assist with opiate withdrawal usually the wd will set in within 6-8 hrs if i dont take my oxy /hydros and pregab lets me add another 2 hours till i need meds, the day i only took morph and pregab, i went a fucking whopping 14 n a half hours till i caved ( cutting down ) so they are lil miracle pills for that, but i wonder if thats just the anxiety effect, clonazepam also helps but i dont ever get any physical effects from it, both the gabs do lighten the squeezing feel on my spine but the problem is likd you said, high doses will csuse greater which is a given the only wd i notice from gaba meds is the next day im slightly more irritable n tired

H
Yep
Pregabalin is my bae, but i take 250-1600mg =p pentin is way different too in effects, its more of a downer while pregab feels more like an anxiety medication while both are effective neuropathy pain relieviers, since i have scoliosis i have damage in different areas, and surprisingly they do assist, and they REALLY assist with opiate withdrawal usually the wd will set in within 6-8 hrs if i dont take my oxy /hydros and pregab lets me add another 2 hours till i need meds, the day i only took morph and pregab, i went a fucking whopping 14 n a half hours till i caved ( cutting down ) so they are lil miracle pills for that, but i wonder if thats just the anxiety effect, clonazepam also helps but i dont ever get any physical effects from it, both the gabs do lighten the squeezing feel on my spine but the problem is likd you said, high doses will csuse greater which is a given the only wd i notice from gaba meds is the next day im slightly more irritable n tired
Have you tried Balcofen along with the Gabapentin or Pregabalin.Balcofen effects Gaba B receptors(which you may already know).

I
I've experienced the withdrawals from Gabapentin many times.Extreme insomnia and body aches and anxiety/paranoia was quadrupled

I
I've experienced the withdrawals from Gabapentin many times.Extreme insomnia and body aches and anxiety/paranoia was quadrupled
Yep! Forsure, especially if used regularly but atleast the wd from those doesnt last like opiate withdrawal does, it goes away in anywhere imbetween from 3 days to 2 weeks
How long did it last for you?

Meh "hurtinf yourself to abuse these" we could say that about every single recreational drug =p
But honestly... the drugs arent to be taken lightly to a naive user they have SERIOUS effects that you dont want to experience

Last edited: