Skydancer -- A Democratic Bluelight *see first post for link to Skydancer's response*

xtcxtc

Bluelighter
i know you do not favour same but anyway will have to be brief as i need a nap before going out to find some of my "angels" ( or some new ones ).

have been meaning to refer to the main quote here for over 1 year >>

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/criticism_may_not_be_agreeable-but_it_is/219095.html

Winston Churchill 1874-1965) ( one of the alltime greatest politicians )

"Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."

"Any 20 year-old who isn't a liberal doesn't have a heart, and any 40 year-old who isn't a conservative doesn't have a brain."

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

btw i was very right wing when i was younger but have become more liberal as i got older --- p'raps largely because of that cretin shrub.

Skydancer response >>

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2759262#post2759262

Last edited:
Either run BL like a democracy/community or run it like a business. I'm not too fussy which because in either scenario the views of the majority of posters will decide what is done.

if bl was a democracy, i woulda not been 'fired' from my mod spot ;)

besides, its not ALL skydancer's fault that thigns are the way they are, its mostly catch-22's fault, for being such a [expletives deleted] :D

faithfully dangerous said:
i dont understand why people get so bent out of shape over an internet forum and its admins.
b/c over the years A LOT of people have devoted their time and energy to build, run, and maintain this place. I'll admit that alot of people whine for the sake of whining.. well b/c that's what candy ass little twats do, but it's gotten to the point that more points are made against Catch's decisions than Catch can defend with a reasonable answer. Catch does with the site as he pleases, and frankly it's rather pointless for the Support forum to even take suggestions.. whether it's from mods, old school members, former admin, or newbs. There'd be alot of stuff missing from bluelight if it wasn't for the many memebers and mods that have helped here, gave an idea there.

tathra said:
if bl was a democracy, i woulda not been 'fired' from my mod spot ;)

besides, its not ALL skydancer's fault that thigns are the way they are, its mostly catch-22's fault, for being such a [expletives deleted] :D

Same thing with me. I would still be a mod now under my old username if BL was a democracy.

In addition, there's a whole legion of people that hate Catch-22.

HOW CAN ANYONE EVEN CARE?

ITS A FUCKING INTERNET WEBSITE!!!!!!!

If you've ever been a mod and had wasted a shitload of your time searching through pubmed to answer some little twats question about cocaine and grapefruit juice for the sake of being a good mod for this website you would understand where we're coming from.

Look, the few times that I've had to deal with an admin, its been Catch . . . edit: you know the saying.... if you don't have anything nice to say.... . . . so, no, that's why I stay in the lounge and music and djs now . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
edit: off-topic picture removed

I have no idea what this thread is about, but ^^ was good schtuff.

<Sorry xtc, I'm not in the loop or I would address the topic...maybe. Either way, I'm for whatever is good, and against whatever is bad...you have my support on that. ;)>

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to comment on the topic, but to provide a better/different image than rc's

deadhorse.gif

I'm not ready to make any kind of statement on the subject at hand, I need to think a bit more. But to answer "when will this get closed?" I ask "why?" Closing it means 5 more threads will pop up on the board on the same subject. At least here it is providing an outlet and the subject isn't getting taken seriously. I'm not saying it shouldn't be taken seriously, but I don't see the Lounge ever treating any topic more seriously than they are right here and now ;)

I urge anyone who is uncomfortable posting their personal opinion in this thread to privately communicate their thoughts to xtcxtc.

glowbug said:

<Sorry xtc, I'm not in the loop or I would address the topic...maybe. Either way, I'm for whatever is good, and against whatever is bad...you have my support on that. ;)>

way to go Glowbug. i am not in any loop either. thx for your support.

xtcxtc said:
any chance of addressing the topic ???

I would put my $$ on Catch 22 posting a pic of himself before this topic is addressed.

In the meantime I think all we are left with is Open Revolt and Guerilla Warfar :) =D

xtcxtc said:
way to go Glowbug. i am not in any loop either. thx for your support.

I know, it was a pretty tepid statement of support...I really put my neck on the block there, didn't I?

Truthfully though, I really don't know enough about the issues you were addressing to comment. I guess my purpose for posting was to help keep a civil level of discourse.

Crow said:
I would put my $$ on Catch 22 posting a pic of himself before this topic is addressed.

In the meantime I think all we are left with is Open Revolt and Guerilla Warfar :) =D

Catch would bet on it too, but he'd be using someone else's funds..

"Any 20 year-old who isn't a liberal doesn't have a heart, and any 40 year-old who isn't a conservative doesn't have a brain."

thats kinda like

"if you're still a liberal at thirty, you've got no brain"
- Winston Churchill

took that out of one of my dads books. always thought it was pretty funny.

I fully welcome either this thread being moved to Second Opinion or this one closed and a new one started there if xtcxtc wishes. This discussion is long overdue.

Let's see, there is one or two threads in SUPPORT already, a few in EDD, and a similar one in the STAFF forum that I am currently aware of. How many places does it need to be discussed at one time? Simply because one forum doesn't generate the Admin response desired (or any Admin response, as yet) means a better one can be found in places like the Lounge? It may generate more of a group voice, but it doesn't draw the key players into the fray.

What those who are shouting may be overlooking are a) not all parties adding comments or even reading these threads have an understanding of what's been going on for the past months and years, b) not all those that OUGHT to be involved are stepping in to discuss things - especially out in public forums where you can be more easily misinterpreted, misquoted, or misunderstood <see previous note about lack of open Admin participation, including Sr. Admins>

Where is this going? Generating a coup? Is there a desire to revolt - or to carry out a mature discussion on what is best for the site? Not necessarily the individuals who feel slighted or even those who feel they need to hold onto whatever power and authority they currently have - what is best for THE SITE. Even a thread based discussion will take time for all key parties to step out publicly and share their thoughts, but I honestly believe no pace will be quick enough considering the multitude of voices clambering to be heard. The simple fact is you've got tens of thousands of members and only a few people in position to enact any changes...those few people will not be as visibly active as those of you who feed off of the public frenzy - meaning just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they aren't there; and just because you say it doesn't mean it will or won't happen (or that it is the best course of action). While I have always felt people should be heard (both members and staff) I dislike this feeding frenzy approach shotgunned across the forums - but that's my opinion.

Most of you know me well enough to know that I generally don't pick sides - I'm not about to be drawn into that now (despite the fact that I've now made a few open statements, I've still not said much :\). I can't speak for the other mods, sr. mods, admins or sr. admins - only for myself. I'd like to see this addressed, but done properly - not by generating mass hysteria in public forums giving the world the idea that this site is about to splinter (which I don't believe it will - it may just hit another bump in it's evolution, the kind which most of us have experienced several times during out time on this site).

For anyone's "smokey boardroom with closed door" ideas of what's happening - it ain't. For those that wish to speculate, wish, or just form their own agenda regarding this situation...how far will it get if it isn't done the right way?

That's it. I'm out. Ya'll have a great weekend and try not to burn yourselves with torches or poke eachother with pitchforks over the weekend. ;)

TLB, can we have some kind of formal discussion about this, please? A debate in Support, or something? Something that would be listened to? (unlike the EDD poll where Catch explicitly said he wasn't going to listen to what his customers wanted). What's the process now for having that debate? (I'm only familiar with the old style, where if I wanted to change my forum I'd, you know, ask the freaking members first)....

ok, DD, i get it--- but seriously. if you're an american, let's focus on fixing america before bitching about an internet site. pleeease.

its still a site. its a site that hosts a community.

but maybe i just dont take the internet as seriously as most of you guys.

This is your third or fourth post in this thread about how it isn't important to you.....

Randycaver: more quality posts!

Last edited: