Skrillex? What do you guys think?

im gonna catch him @ paradiso in amsterdam - will be my first european show - wish there was more stuff happening while im out there. - posted now anyways.

he isn't dubstep..

he's bringing influences of dubstep into his "musick" but he being classified as complextro.. a genre the he seems to be paving a way for

i dont know.. some of it's catchy, but it gets old REAL soon

i personally like him, i got to meet him at SxSw in austin this year, along with 12th planet and orien. it was a pretty epic show, i think a lot of people in this community dont give him credit because of how mainstreem he has become. if the same question was asked before he was a household name i feel like the discussion would have been a little different. i wouldnt necessarily say that he is my favorite artist, or even the best dubstep artist... but there is no denying that he has tallent. just my personal opinion.

Sonny Moore is a pretty cool dude. I have met him a few times; once at Ultra and once at Daisy in Vegas. I enjoy him live but I don't really find myself listening to him at home on my computer.

His set at Electric Zoo was terrible. Something was up with the sound crew because his sound was awful, but the previous set with Andy Moor was good, soundwise at least.

It's definitely saying something that people go crazy over a sound he wrote about his name being Skrillex...

He should stick to strictly electro house and not try to make dubstep into this crazy, dirty, insane thing that it was never meant to be. I enjoy listening to his build up before the drop, but after that its just that loud, annoying, screetching bass that makes me wanna kill myself.

He should stick to strictly electro house and not try to make dubstep into this crazy, dirty, insane thing that it was never meant to be. I enjoy listening to his build up before the drop, but after that its just that loud, annoying, screetching bass that makes me wanna kill myself.

If you mean that he should only use dubstep sparingly and focus more on hard electro, then I agree. Too much dubstep gets really boring.

i have seen him live before and it was really not very good ;) he was headlining and everything up until him was dank and everyone was into it. then he got on and everything just sort of died down. like no one was moving to it. that rave was the most packed one i had ever been to

He is an amazing Electro House producer, but his take on Dubstep sucks and he needs to learn to DJ live, otherwise I'll never pay to see him live. Who the fuck pays $25 to see him press play on his Macbook? Idiots, that's who.

i saw him on saturday, and while i do enjoy his music, it may be the last time i see him live. Hes a good producer but sub par at dj-ing plus the crowd has to many angry frat bros i had to deal with while rolling. Including one dude who i almost got into a fight with because apparently i was dancing too close to his girl. Fucking stupid considering it was so packed i was grinding with every one within a 5 foot radius of me.

Besides that foreign beggars absolutely killed it. tons of fun and the crowd was really into it.

I love Skrillex's sound. Saw him on the 24th of Sept in Salt Lake and it was by far the best show I've been to. The Skrillex Cell was the shit, the Aliens amazing, beyond packed crowd, but e-xtremely peaceful and polite, no fights whatsoever. :D The YouTube vids show the energy of the crowd pretty well. Sick show and bangin music.
@DJ Revisionist...after the official ticket outlets sold out, ppl here were buying tickets left and right on the local classified site for $100+ for just general admission...dumb asses...8(

ive heard his music and dont dislike it . but what it seems me ( im just saying what i thnk) is that his music is a trend that fits well in todays ever evolving beat and sound . my wife used to listen to him before he was skrillex and loved the music and now she's ehhh about it ( she doesnt like dubstep (shes a hater i am too ) ) but hes a good sound engineer and im hoping he makes a really good trance song one these days ............ a journey if you know what i mean. dubtrance hehehe maybe idk make it happen . just my 2 cents

if you know a dubtrance ish song lemme know!

Blackmill-"Embrace" easiest flowing chillstep i've heard. Not too sure if trancestep has quite become spawned just yet lol

try as i may, can't get into skrillex....

the only time i found i liked one of his tracks was when I heard it mixed into another DJ's set and I didn't know it was his track until way later lol

He is terrible imo

His music style is just a like clusterfuk of electro and dubstep and the outcome is not good.

Seriously you guys? In my opinion, as a producer, there are some things that he just nails. Of course, other aspects of his music are not quite so well done. But even the best of producers have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm just not sure how Skrillex is just completely going over so many of your heads. Oh well -- different strokes for different folks.

Seriously you guys? In my opinion, as a producer, there are some things that he just nails. Of course, other aspects of his music are not quite so well done. But even the best of producers have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm just not sure how Skrillex is just completely going over so many of your heads. Oh well -- different strokes for different folks.

Totally agree. I've been loving his sound now for over a year although he didn't even start getting recognized until around 6 months ago then absolutely exploded. His crowd size tells the tale from his last one here in April to recently in September. Mind boggling big in Sept. I still get the chills hearing Disco Rangers Bus and when 1:53 hits? FML my head explodes from "feeling" that wonderful Skrillex yesness :D ...love that man's sound.