• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Skins (UK)

"Here, have some psychadellic opiate mdma powder"
*rage*
haha! I totally "LOL'ed" at that. Not a very safe message in case some dumbass kid tries making a combo of that. Nor is it a great message for drug use when they go to a forest and eat some random shrooms. That sums up series 3 though. A mess from top to bottom.

Just started watching this on Watch Instantly on Netflix. I'm at the beginning of season 2, and all I can say is I was hooked by episode one.

I enjoyed the first set of characters. Got pissed off when they killed the pill popping kid Chris & vowed never to watch again.

I thought series 1 & 2 were very good, then 3 came out, bit of a dissapointment, but i still watched on. By the time 4 was out i watched the first episode of the girl doing MDMA and killing herself and thought fuck this, this is awful

^Same here. I only bothered with the first episode of series 4 as well before giving up. Too much of a snoozefest as far as I'm concerned. :\

Tv: Skins (us version)

i think this thread was about the UK version but the US version just premiered this past monday. and to be honest i liked it. im usually not into these dramas but this one was a little more edgy.

only thing i didnt really like was the very end of the episode but not enough to not let me watch the next one.

I remember watching this years ago. I remember people throwing loads of house parties around the time it came out, I think it inspired everyone lol.

The first 2 seasons are the only good ones imo.

Just swas the Us version on MTV and I am hooked. It was like a trip down memory lane I miss high school.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons, Tony was my favourite character. It took me awhile to warm to the next generation in season three but by the end of season four I really liked them particularly Cook. His final scene capped of his journey perfectly.

US version has nothing on the first UK gen. UK version just seems more believable while the US version tries to go over the top without actually doing it. I mean they replaced Maxxie with a lesbian because they wouldn't dare show Tony hooking up with a gay teenager. Maybe I'm just annoyed because they replaced Cassie with an idiot with no interesting personality at all.

However season 5 has certainly been interesting, took me a while to warm up to the second cast but I'm already liking the 3rd.

Who else loves Skins (UK)

Recently I've been watching Skins over on Netflix. Right now I'm watching Generation one for the third time again... Anyways what was your favorite cast and characters. I have to say I loved generation one and two. My favorite characters would be Chris, Jal, Cassie, Sid, Effy, Cook, Tony and JJ. I know it was hard to pick lol... Hope there are other bluelighters that enjoy this show as well.

Love the show. Cook would honestly be my favorite, followed by Cassie. The US remake was an epic, epic fail and i'm glad it got cancelled. MTV, you can't remake everything.

the U.S. version was HORRIBLE, but at least it got me interested in the U.K. version. i honestly had never heard about it until MTV attempted to remake it, and a few people i knew were saying how great the U.K. version was.

i absolutely adored the cast from season 1 & 2, when i started season 3 i was upset that they completely did away with all of them, especially without really concluding what happened to them...but i was told to keep watching and i really loved effy, i could see some similarities between myself and her (which can be considered good or bad..lol), and i'm glad i kept watching. this cast really grew on me. i've got 2 episodes of season 4 left and i'm dragging out watching them because i don't want to see them go :(

i heard that the season 5 cast was just terrible, but i'm hoping that it'll just take a little bit of time to grow on them like with season 3...

I'm amused that you compare yourself with Effie. I kind of agree with you from what I know about you..... :D

I loved the first 4 seasons of this show, especially the first two but the latest season has really thrown me off.

I don't like the fact that the characters don't know each other at the start of the season. Introductions and friendship forming seems to take so long slowing down the pace of the show. I also decry the new super sombre, depressing feel the show has to it. In earlier seasons stuff used to get fucked up, really bad in some scenes but they also had fun lots of times, partying, taking drugs, ect. The 5th season feels like it's trying to preach morals and stereotype drug use.

What is everyone elses take on the fifth season?

i dont think 5th season is that far off what happened to the 3rd and 4th in steriotyping drug use

but you just cant beat season 1-2

I'm amused that you compare yourself with Effie. I kind of agree with you from what I know about you..... :D

lolol. even when she went completely bonkers, when i was about her age (15) i had a total breakdown because i was doing way too many drugs too and almost ended up going all slicey slicey before someone intervened. i haven't seen an episode after that, but i'm assuming she ends up doing something at a mental hospital. did that when i was 16.
bahaha sometimes seeing the similarities creeps me out a bit but oh well 8)
at least i'm not a total raging teenage psycho anymore ;)

I didn't mind effie's character most of the way through. I just hated her in the episode where she went to some random party arranged by the blokes her brother Tony had beef with and Sid had to come and save Tony from trouble.

Cassie was much more interesting as a character, I loved how loopy she was at times :)

I suppose you can relate to Cassie as well ;) =D