• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Skins (UK)

psycosynthesis

Bluelighter
Anyone seen this? I reckon it's a corker of a show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I adore it. Degrassi for today's youth - edgy, honest and fun. I love all of the characters even though I'm 26.. ;):)

Finally!!! Seriously, I would have thought more people would be into Skins, but that doesn't seem the case. At least not in America. I've only seen the first season and most of the second season, so I have no clue how the new cast is, but the original cast are ridiculously great. What's funny is I really am not into the whole teen drama thing that seems to be so popular these days. Skins somehow doesn't seem to fall into that craptastic category in my mind. It comes across as witty, funny, and real without polarizing any one type of person. All of the characters have depth, some more then others, but they are still really interesting and generally likable (even Tony). Cassie is my favorite character, there are so many dimensions to her, and the actress who plays her does it so unbelievably well... Sorry, I'm half asleep so hopefully that all made sense. Anyway, point being, I really like this show.

^ Really? Even by the end of season two? Fuck she pissed me off towards the end.

This is definitely one of my favourite TV shows of the past 10 years. The soundtrack is also particularly awesome.

^ Really? Even by the end of season two? Fuck she pissed me off towards the end.

This is definitely one of my favourite TV shows of the past 10 years. The soundtrack is also particularly awesome.

LoL, I saw up to when Chris well, you know, and she takes off. I'm not sure how much more her character progresses into this total bitch side. Still, there is something about her character being so vulnerable and totally broken that I still can't help but be drawn to what is going on with her mind. I suppose I should see the last couple episodes of season two. I feel like such a major nerd for being so excited that this thread exists! It's almost embarrassing. Tell me, is season 3 worth checking out? I've been watching them online because BBC America butchers the show AND they have subtitles for certain scenes. :begin rant: The subtitles alone piss me off beyond comprehension. If I really think about it I can come up with a couple of instances in say... Trainspotting where the subtitles really helped as it was hard to clearly make out what was being said (this was generally only when there was a lot of background noise however). With Skins I cannot think of any time where I have trouble making out what is being said due to an accent. The subtitles come across as borderline insulting to me. Or maybe I'm just being a snotty snob about it, who knows really. :end rant:

Cassies character towards the end of season 2 does annoy me, but she's still so gorgeous. Her accent as well. God. I would marry her if I could.

Enough gushing. I'm 2 eps away from the end of season 2!! :D

great show blud. almost every episode of season 1 was really good. i think my favourite was the one where they take tony's sister out and get her all drugged up. that was fun.

will check out the second season when it gets to netflix.

I love the new series of Skins (3), at first when i found out they had completely outdone the old cast apart rom Effy (who was briefly mentioned in the first 2 series's, i thought i'd be shit, but it's not actually and i'm totally hooked.

Especially on Cook, don't know why just something about him, maybe it's the crooked teeth and the bad boy :p

Plus it's a show all about the effects of drug's :D

Plus it's a show all about the effects of drug's :D

"Here, have some psychadellic opiate mdma powder"
*rage*

Series 3 hasn't been great from what I've seen but I did really enjoy the first 2 series. Maybe because I'm slightly older but is it just me or do the characters in series 3 seem much younger than in the first 2, I know they're supposed to be playing the same age but something doesn't sit right. I don't think the acting's up to standard in series 3 and the characters that are well acted I find hard to empathise with, which I'd found to be one of the show's strengths earlier.

Im a huge fan of this show but its only just finished season 1 in Sydney.

Absolutely brilliant.

briiiiliant show.

caught it while surfing through BBC america. It was one of those "Tony recuperating from his accident" ones, so as you can guess I was immensely surprised at how much of a dick he was when I watched both series. :|

Just caught all of series 3 and the characters have grown on me (didn't feel anything for them til about ep 4). I hope they're planning something huge for Effy as all she's been doing is moping around. Same with Freddie. very good stuff... Cook is the man.

I love it. I wish it were the same characters as last season though.

i just got season 2 disc 1 on netflix. man this season is starting out dark as. iv'e only watching the first 2 episodes, and i'm like 8o such a great show.

picked up s1 & s2 in a box set.
loving it so far as teen dramas/comedies go.
echo the sentiments above, im in love with cassies character

yeah this guy in our school is cousins with the brown guy in it .. the guy in slumdog millionare

^^^ hahaha 'muslim kid' would have sufficed, as they call him in the show. Nonetheless, I'm happy for your friend, really!

Series 1 & 2 were phenomenal. 3... I've finished it, I'm really trying to like them all, but they just don't have the same depth that the first cast did. Love Effie still... & Emily is alright. I swear though, the guys have fuckall on the guys from the first cast. I really hope they become more impressive in series 4.

I never got around to watching season 1 & 2 as it never really appealed to me at the time. Nor does it now really, But ever since I accidentally caught a few episodes of it (season 3), it seems I've been suckered in without me even realising it. 8o

skins3_600.jpg

To be honest, the acting's pretty dire the majority of the time. But it's as if there's some unspeakable force which drives me to watch every week. And I'm not just talking about my ickle crush on Emily. The confuzzled, softly spoken introvert, struggling to make sense of everything...including herself. I guess I have many reasons in which to relate to her. So it figures I would single her out.

kathryn-prescott-in-una-scena-dell-episodio-everyone-della-terza-stagione-della-serie-tv-skins-114350.jpg

Pandora's also become a firm favourite of mine. Her outlandish behaviour humours me greatly. She's kinda Skins answer to Jan from Grease. :D

Anyone else keeping up to date with it all?. :)

Series 1 and 2 were great. Series 3 was awful and best forgotten about.

It had a really good vibe. Explored some great teen themes and had a good dark humour about it. Being a British student into my drugs I can relate to a lot of what goes on, even if it is a bit of a fantasy world.

I actually rewatched series' 1 and 2 again recently. Series 1 seemed a bit simple on reflection. Series 2 explored deeper themes and had a little more substance but it seemed to go off the boil a little midway through. They maybe tried to be too intelligent for their own good. The Tony episode was a bit of a mess. I'm not sure if Skins is the best medium to explore Jungian psychology.

The choice of music, fashion and general upbeat shenadigans were great. Chris was also a terrific character, reminds me of myself a little.

PS - It also seems to be one of those shows thats really fun to watch when you're wasted yourself, a bit like South Park and The Mighty Boosh.